No Man's Sky

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
NEXT Patch 1.51
https://www.nomanssky.com/2018/07/next-patch-1-51/

InfoGraphic on No Man's Sky Basic Elements
2QwAm2A.png

Old fan made poster. But i think is relevant.
5s5yys1djczz.jpg

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Feel like getting this from Steam. Is the gameplay fun or complicated?? I played Astroneer before.

Sent from The Sinking Island using GAGT

Last edited:

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.nomanssky.com/2018/07/next-patch-1-52-1/
Hello everyone,

First of all thanks so much to everyone who has already spent time playing NEXT and letting us know about any issues you’ve experienced (and a special thanks to those on PC who have opted in to the Experimental branches to help us verify fixes early). It’s overwhelming to watch thousands of players begin or continue their journey across the universe.

We have now released update 1.52.1 to PC, which includes the fixes detailed below. We’ll be rolling out these fixes to other platforms as soon as possible.

Bug fixes:

Fixed a crash in creature routines
Fixed a crash when multiple players put ammunition into a refiner
Fix for occasional crash when receiving mission rewards
Fix for crash when adjusting anisotropic filtering settings in the graphics options menu (PC only)
Fix for potential crash in geometry streaming
Improvements to texture caching for AMD GPUs (PC only)
Fixed an issue where some players still had physical nanites in their inventory that could not be spent at vendors
Granted players nanites when they dismantle their Obsolete Technology – spend nanites on new upgrades in Space Stations
Added a tutorial mission to guide players through the restoration of their old base
Fixed an issue where players were unable to build Frigate Terminals in Creative Mode
Fixed an issue where S-Class ships changed appearance
Fixed an issue where players were unable to build the Base Cache on their freighter to retrieve compensation for the loss of their freighter base
Fixed an issue where some Exosuit technology was not converted to Obsolete Technology. Please note this does not apply retroactively to save games that have already been upgraded.
Improved the mapping of old substances to new substances during the save upgrade. Please note this does not apply retroactively to save games that have already been upgraded.
If you experience any issues, let us know by submitting a bug report.

Thank you,

Hello Games

rEe_TaN

Master Member
Reaction score
Wanted to buy this game since it has now 3rd person view. Just to check, this game is solo-able? Any is there any main story quests to follow?

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wanted to buy this game since it has now 3rd person view. Just to check, this game is solo-able? Any is there any main story quests to follow?

it originally was mostly single player.

i won't promise anything. there is 2/3 different 'story-lines' to follow. but they are not actual quests to complete. and you have to read alot to appreciate the stories. if you don't like reading, or putting stories together, then essentially there is no quest and will find it boring.

there is better handholding (compared to the past patches) in terms of understanding the game and crafting mechanics. but otherwise treat it as a sandbox.

if you cannot set your own goals yourself, or need alot of handholding then you will find it boring and lonely. much of this game emphasizes on self discovery.

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.nomanssky.com/2018/08/next-patch-1-53/

Bug fixes:

Fix to restore savegames for players affected by a specific issue with freighter expeditions
Fix for an occasional white screen crash during loading
Fix for frigates not reporting their damaged state correctly
Fix for an issue that could block players in the “fuel the warp drive” stage of the tutorial
Fix for repairing broken ship slots in Creative Mode
Improvements to exocraft laser damage
Improvements for animations while turning, jetpacking, and standing on objects
Memory optimisations to improve stability
Preventative fix for potential stability issue with mission handling

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought the game. It’s pretty fun so far. A quick question, can we adjust the view distance when in 3rd person view?? As in can we move further back from the body view?? I find the camera is still quite close to the body.

no. but i think you can adjust your FOV which might help. please at least have 1 save before adjusting your graphical settings otherwise you will have to reload your game shaders which is annoying at the start.

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no. but i think you can adjust your FOV which might help. please at least have 1 save before adjusting your graphical settings otherwise you will have to reload your game shaders which is annoying at the start.

The FOV setting does help indeed. The view is zoomed out better after setting to 100. May I know if is there a map which we can check while on a planet? Or any else I need to to first in order to have a overview map? Thanks!

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The FOV setting does help indeed. The view is zoomed out better after setting to 100. May I know if is there a map which we can check while on a planet? Or any else I need to to first in order to have a overview map? Thanks!

good. glad the FOV helped abit.

no maps since everything is procedurally generated.

i forgot that there's also base-building and different game modes, one of which is creative mode that allows players freedom to create their dream bases and other players can visit.

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
good. glad the FOV helped abit.

no maps since everything is procedurally generated.

i forgot that there's also base-building and different game modes, one of which is creative mode that allows players freedom to create their dream bases and other players can visit.

I see. Do we need to claim a base in order to start building? I did that during the tutorial. Does it mean for every planet we visited we have to claim a base? Also, I find it is difficult to search for resources while in the craft even I did scan in the sky. I wonder how can we keep track of the resources we scanned before.... Sorry for the questions asked. This game has steep learning curves but yet very fun at the same time. :s13::s13:

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see. Do we need to claim a base in order to start building? I did that during the tutorial. Does it mean for every planet we visited we have to claim a base? Also, I find it is difficult to search for resources while in the craft even I did scan in the sky. I wonder how can we keep track of the resources we scanned before.... Sorry for the questions asked. This game has steep learning curves but yet very fun at the same time. :s13::s13:

no need to build base every time besides for the tutorial. unless u want to.

the resources will always be procedurally generated as well. so get out of your ship, scan with your suit and just get whatever you want. remember there are 2 types of scanning. general surface scanning press C. but detailed analysis scanning u press F and point at the rock or plant or creature u want to scan. that give u information of that subject as well as resource it is composed of that can be obtained if you mine or kill it. and some creatures lead you or give u special resource if you feed it.

and remember, some flora, fauna and minerals are found only underground. u generally should be able to gather everything within a single system to complete basic crafting. but may need to travel between planets to do so. otherwise may need to purchase or trade.

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.nomanssky.com/2018/08/next-patch-1-54/

Hello everyone,

We are continuing to focus on safely addressing the highest priority issues reported by the community. As always, thank you for playing the game and taking the time to report any issues you encounter!

We have now released update 1.54 to PC, which includes the fixes detailed below. We’ll be rolling out these fixes to other platforms as soon as possible.

Bug fixes:

Fix for crash while reloading mission markers from save
Fix for issue where invalid characters could be inserted into a save, causing it to fail to load
Switched to using lockless small block allocator for physics to reduce memory footprint
Fix for occasional crash when looking up data about substances in UI pages
If you experience any issues, let us know by submitting a bug report.

Thank you,

Hello Games

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.