Samsung Galaxy Tab S4

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If only this is cheaper or has better specs, why must it priced like the iPad Pro, when android tablets are no match for Apple unlike their phones.

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If only this is cheaper or has better specs, why must it priced like the iPad Pro, when android tablets are no match for Apple unlike their phones.

well branding is the keyword

no brand or lesser known sell so ex also no use right?

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
well branding is the keyword

no brand or lesser known sell so ex also no use right?

It competes in the same space mah...

You only do that when you are in the same status for that product, but android tablets are way behind ipad. How to even convince the consumers to "give it a try" when you are priced the same as the best product in the market.

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You only do that when you are in the same status for that product, but android tablets are way behind ipad. How to even convince the consumers to "give it a try" when you are priced the same as the best product in the market.
I do agree with this. The snapdragon 835 in the TAB S4 is roughly on par with the Apple A10, but the asking price for it is similar to the A10x on the iPad Pro. The 6th gen iPad performs similarly to the TAB S4 and cost half the price. If I were to choose tab S4 and iPad Pro, I'll go for iPad Pro because of the 120hz display. But I still prefer my tab s2 when I'm watching videos :s13:

Sent from HUAWEI MATE 10 using GAGT

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I do agree with this. The snapdragon 835 in the TAB S4 is roughly on par with the Apple A10, but the asking price for it is similar to the A10x on the iPad Pro. The 6th gen iPad performs similarly to the TAB S4 and cost half the price. If I were to choose tab S4 and iPad Pro, I'll go for iPad Pro because of the 120hz display. But I still prefer my tab s2 when I'm watching videos
:s13:

Sent from HUAWEI MATE 10 using GAGT

I will still choose Tab S4 only because I want a high end android tablet, but most other people will probably just choose ipad. The android tablet sphere has already shrunk much since last time, and will only shrink further if they dun entice people over, and low end cheap android tablet is not going to be the solution.

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will still choose Tab S4 only because I want a high end android tablet, but most other people will probably just choose ipad. The android tablet sphere has already shrunk much since last time, and will only shrink further if they dun entice people over, and low end cheap android tablet is not going to be the solution.
I believe the Tab S4 in dex mode (with keyboard) will give a gd run on productivity.
Will definite get it and compare against my ipad and surface...(ms office + stylus challenge)

Though android had poor optimised for tablet, the other stuff, uts fine

bratpig

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

With the kind of morons, which Samsung is taking us consumers to be. No one can blame people from choosing a better deal.
Alternatively, consider the Microsoft surface go, which represents an alternative to androids

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
With the kind of morons, which Samsung is taking us consumers to be. No one can blame people from choosing a better deal.
Alternatively, consider the Microsoft surface go, which represents an alternative to androids

Have considered surface pro and go, but they are basically laptops to me. I mean, how many people really use Windows tablet/mobile mode

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't view the iPad as superior to a high end Android tablet. They're different but compete in the same space as premium tablets... basically people choose Android tablets for its open ecosystem... it's not inferior... I always read about apps being poorly optimized for Android tablets but I really don't get bothered by it... it's probably one of things that some get it and some don't... but what gets my goat is the highly illogical user interface for Apple in which you can't even sort your apps... that's really backward in today's terms... so each system has it's own drawbacks and one really isn't superior to the other in my opinion...

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't view the iPad as superior to a high end Android tablet. They're different but compete in the same space as premium tablets... basically people choose Android tablets for its open ecosystem... it's not inferior... I always read about apps being poorly optimized for Android tablets but I really don't get bothered by it... it's probably one of things that some get it and some don't... but what gets my goat is the highly illogical user interface for Apple in which you can't even sort your apps... that's really backward in today's terms... so each system has it's own drawbacks and one really isn't superior to the other in my opinion...

Performance is one big area when comparing devices. iPad Pro is supposed to be super slick with its 120Hz screen, and I dun know why my "high-end" Tab S3 lags so much compared to its phone counterpart when it's competing head on to iPad Pro. It even hanged sometimes when I'm playing a simple game. If it's good enough, I dun mind an older processor, but obviously it's not and Samsung can make it better but they didn't. Android has finally get to the point where I feel the phones really are very close to iPhone in performance, but why the same effort isn't put into its tablet?

Same story with the Tab S4, this time they are more ambitious to make it like a 2-in-1 for productivity, but still an older processor and 4gb ram for the heavy multi tasking?! I have a feeling it's still going to lag this time. Sometimes you felt angry just thinking of it and they still wonder why Android tablets are going extinct.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Performance is one big area when comparing devices. iPad Pro is supposed to be super slick with its 120Hz screen, and I dun know why my "high-end" Tab S3 lags so much compared to its phone counterpart when it's competing head on to iPad Pro. It even hanged sometimes when I'm playing a simple game. If it's good enough, I dun mind an older processor, but obviously it's not and Samsung can make it better but they didn't. Android has finally get to the point where I feel the phones really are very close to iPhone in performance, but why the same effort isn't put into its tablet?

Same story with the Tab S4, this time they are more ambitious to make it like a 2-in-1 for productivity, but still an older processor and 4gb ram for the heavy multi tasking?! I have a feeling it's still going to lag this time. Sometimes you felt angry just thinking of it and they still wonder why Android tablets are going extinct.

Ok bro... I'm with you on this one... a bit disappointed that Android tablets aren't as fast and good as the phones... but I'm not in the space to get the best... in reality my 4 year old (bought in Jan 2014) Xperia Tablet Z is still going strong, battery life is superb, and it still gets the job done. It's a bit laggy due to it's age but nothing that a bit of patience can't deal with.

I never bothered with the Tab S3 cos I always felt that it was a rushed job... a bit of a stop gap. The Tab S2 has always been the benchmark in terms of form factor, speed and smoothness of the UI... maybe this Tab S4 will recover the form of Samsung in the ppdmgtw tablet space...

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe I should elaborate why I say the Tab S3 is a rushed job... the software optimization doesn't seem to be optimally done... compared to my Note 8 where there's basically no lag... even without a 120 Hz screen...

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe I should elaborate why I say the Tab S3 is a rushed job... the software optimization doesn't seem to be optimally done... compared to my Note 8 where there's basically no lag... even without a 120 Hz screen...

I'm using Note 8 too, that's why I'm so dissatisfied with Tab S3's performance

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

iPads are superior mainly because Apple controls both hardware and software. Thus, giving them a huge advantage. On the flipside, Samsung just gets an off the shelf SD 835 and Android OS for their tablets, and furthermore, introduced more "extra features" on the OS. These basically will have an impact on performance.

The main cons of Apple is of course the walled garden ecosystem. So much so that it gets pretty annoying since a simple task of transferring photos from my camera to iPad is quite a pain.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have considered surface pro and go, but they are basically laptops to me. I mean, how many people really use Windows tablet/mobile mode

Without being specific to MS Surface (because I think the QC is really poor), hybrids are actually very good alternatives to tablets. Sure they are not as finger friendly as compared to the likes of iOS and Android, but they are very versatile machines. They are very compact which is good for travelling, and the ability to use it without the physical keyboard is a nice feature. Only downsides are the poorer battery life and heat.

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
iPads are superior mainly because Apple controls both hardware and software. Thus, giving them a huge advantage. On the flipside, Samsung just gets an off the shelf SD 835 and Android OS for their tablets, and furthermore, introduced more "extra features" on the OS. These basically will have an impact on performance.

The main cons of Apple is of course the walled garden ecosystem. So much so that it gets pretty annoying since a simple task of transferring photos from my camera to iPad is quite a pain.
Which is why i think the dex mode wil be interesting.
It will give u a window like experience thus using office suite will be great.

Had use the desktop mode of huawei mediapad, and dex through the mobile phone,
it is refreshing. Yes, the complete exp will be with type cover

Last edited:

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

That's exactly why it's annoying that Samsung dun use the latest processor and a higher ram for its "premium" tablet, knowing this disadvantage compared to iPad. Yet they are trying to compete with iPad at the same pricing level

zXioNGz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lucky for me only buy it to buy movies, hate watching on my iPad Pro. Tbh 120hz or not it’s the same, after awhile don’t really feel it

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.