Gear S3 is announced.

chngpw

Reaction score
IP68 but water damaged?!?

My Gear S3 has been pronounced dead.

Performed the latest software update but watch wouldn't charge afterwards. Brought it down to Vivo, and was told that it is due to water corrosion rather than software update.

Water inside a IP68 rated device?!? Water Damage not covered under warranty?!?

Hand to my heart, I have never went swimming with it. The most I did was wash the watch under running tap. This IP68 rating must be a joke.

Quoted $400+ for repair, because double whammy: water damage is not covered under warranty, and in any case my 13 months old watch is out of warranty.

Took my watch back, threw it into the thrash. Pissed!

For all the bros here, please just take note that Samsung will not stand behind their IP68 certification.

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Gear S3 has been pronounced dead.

Performed the latest software update but watch wouldn't charge afterwards. Brought it down to Vivo, and was told that it is due to water corrosion rather than software update.

Water inside a IP68 rated device?!? Water Damage not covered under warranty?!?

Hand to my heart, I have never went swimming with it. The most I did was wash the watch under running tap. This IP68 rating must be a joke.

Quoted $400+ for repair, because double whammy: water damage is not covered under warranty, and in any case my 13 months old watch is out of warranty.

Took my watch back, threw it into the thrash. Pissed!

For all the bros here, please just take note that Samsung will not stand behind their IP68 certification.
can keep for me?

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
after the update, I always can charge to 100% but intermittently cannot Samsung Pay

cochran

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
havent have time to do it yet. Tried full reset the watch. battery still same. drain very fast.

One thing i dun know. watch on. when drained and auto power down show 1% battery. Once put on the charger. The charging state 50+% battery and start charging up. Dun know what is the problem? battery or motherboard?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
havent have time to do it yet. Tried full reset the watch. battery still same. drain very fast.

One thing i dun know. watch on. when drained and auto power down show 1% battery. Once put on the charger. The charging state 50+% battery and start charging up. Dun know what is the problem? battery or motherboard?

there is a chance that the battery itself is not functioning well, or the board too. get it checked at service centre with the appropriate software and diagnostics.. :)

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
after the update, I always can charge to 100% but intermittently cannot Samsung Pay

I think my new ez-link Samsung charm interfering due to too close proximity to NFC part of the watch

blizzard88

Reaction score
I think there was some problem with previous rom, until battery cannot charge. I diy and replaced the battery, flash new rom and now it's working well.

Not sure if it's purposely done by samsung for the battery algorithm.

PPkiller

Reaction score
I think there was some problem with previous rom, until battery cannot charge. I diy and replaced the battery, flash new rom and now it's working well.

Not sure if it's purposely done by samsung for the battery algorithm.

Where u get the batt and how much?

cochran

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Then how Long the battery last now? Provide link to get it can u provide service to change the batt? Ha.

blizzard88

Reaction score
Then how Long the battery last now? Provide link to get it can u provide service to change the batt? Ha.

according to the app, i have used 17 hours 40 mins, and another 1d 9 hours left.

Battery:
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.16a32e8dhadxyi&id=568501305364&_u=c2688s4mcab4

Screw driver Y0.6:
https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=544424546495&spm=a1z09.2.0.0.16a32e8dhadxyi&_u=c2688s4m9e45

Rem to update latest ROM, if not also useless. Can't charge full.

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2dG6q3gl.jpg

that's mine, never changed battery

symbiote28

Reaction score
i think my S3 showing signs of dying already. battery was really bad for the past few months. read post here, suggest to reset. while resetting, takes damn long to restore. from 100%, suddenly got notification says Gear S3 needs to be charged; checked, already at 15%. that fast?!

ah_cleo

Master Member
Reaction score
i tot battery and motherboard is together according to samsung so they will charge more than $60.

PPkiller

Reaction score
i think this was discussed previously, they will advise to change both at the same time. but if just change battery, it's around $60 inclusive of labour.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.