The Watch Thread - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryando

Reaction score
OT abit but this is what i have now

PJWFcwE.jpg

Never expect bro Gaoxing to be such a fierce hypebeast, ha!

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Never expect bro Gaoxing to be such a fierce hypebeast, ha!

if you're into streetwear stuff, you would have known me long ago.
my nick on frontallabs never changed.

same same. back in 2006 ;)

all these stuff never gets out your system but you just slow down on them

btw supreme x lv for retail - backdoor before the drop lol. i still went to queue anyway. the 6 bifold too huge, flipped it and ask a friend to get the cardholder for me instead

yeswecan

Reaction score
if you're into streetwear stuff, you would have known me long ago.
my nick on frontallabs never changed.

same same. back in 2006 ;)

all these stuff never gets out your system but you just slow down on them

btw supreme x lv for retail - backdoor before the drop lol. i still went to queue anyway. the 6 bifold too huge, flipped it and ask a friend to get the cardholder for me instead

What's Frontallabs tho? :s11:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What's Frontallabs tho? :s11:

some old defunct forum that people who're into streetwear etc hang out at.
used to be a music dj forum and slowly changed into a streetwear forum. pioneer in Singapore.
then it died.

joshua182

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
God those wallets are loud. You probably run your own business right? Us white collar wage slaves couldnt possibly pull those off cept on weekends.

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
God those wallets are loud. You probably run your own business right? Us white collar wage slaves couldnt possibly pull those off cept on weekends.

Ok, I'm not into wallets, nor do I know much about wallet brands, and I use a plain wallet, but I actually don't think the first two would warrant a second glance from any co-worker.

As for red and LV, well, it's kinda like a Rolex, which is also "loud" in its own sense, depending on where you work.

BallGag

Reaction score
Ok, I'm not into wallets, nor do I know much about wallet brands, and I use a plain wallet, but I actually don't think the first two would warrant a second glance from any co-worker.

As for red and LV, well, it's kinda like a Rolex, which is also "loud" in its own sense, depending on where you work.

Eh, cyrenic, wallet inspection timing has been changed to 7am tomorrow morning. Fall in outside the pantry. Make sure you kiwi your wallet and starch your white collar

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

how are those loud? even if you're working, your wallet stays in your bag or what not, nobody will ever see them
i don't use the red LV often.

daily use are goyard, but i recently got this faure le page and going to switch them up.

i am in between jobs. :(

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

ya, mongram stuff if small, its really un-noticeable.
those who don't know probably think its from some cheap wallet shop. LOL.

the red LV is pretty loud and if you're in formal setting, you probably won't use that. weekends yes.

i bought that because its a first collab done by 2 giants - both in streetwear and high end designer brand

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya, mongram stuff if small, its really un-noticeable.
those who don't know probably think its from some cheap wallet shop. LOL.

the red LV is pretty loud and if you're in formal setting, you probably won't use that. weekends yes.

i bought that because its a first collab done by 2 giants - both in streetwear and high end designer brand

Even if you want to use that wallet in an office setting it’s your prerogative la. It’s not like you’re using a plastic bag.. Now that would definitely raise eyebrows.

I think people these days are a lot more open minded. Frankly, there’s nothing wrong with luxury goods and/or colors. I cannot think of any normal balanced office environment where people would gossip or exclaim about this sort of thing. In some parts of the private sector (and not just banks) money is used for far more excessive things like Michelin star welcome lunches..

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even if you want to use that wallet in an office setting it’s your prerogative la. It’s not like you’re using a plastic bag.. Now that would definitely raise eyebrows.

I think people these days are a lot more open minded. Frankly, there’s nothing wrong with luxury goods and/or colors. I cannot think of any normal balanced office environment where people would gossip or exclaim about this sort of thing. In some parts of the private sector (and not just banks) money is used for far more excessive things like Michelin star welcome lunches..

i think in an office settings, if you're a lower end employee say a jr exec and you wear a rollie, ppl might say crap behind your back.
that's old school la.

nowadays, all wanna chiong luxury stuff, become a comparison game or if you're lucky, it becomes a hobby you share with your peers at work.

anyway its just a wallet, prada/lv/bottega all these are like lup sup now. lol

u go CBD, everyone is using such wallets. nothing much. :s22:

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think in an office settings, if you're a lower end employee say a jr exec and you wear a rollie, ppl might say crap behind your back.
that's old school la.

nowadays, all wanna chiong luxury stuff, become a comparison game or if you're lucky, it becomes a hobby you share with your peers at work.

anyway its just a wallet, prada/lv/bottega all these are like lup sup now. lol

u go CBD, everyone is using such wallets. nothing much. :s22:

Ever since I had mine as a daily beater, I notice how people look at me or treat me. Quite an interesting social experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.