The Sneakers/Shoe Thread - Part 2

trickle_on

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I never really noticed the cage like support structure in the midsole portion before.

Looks awesome.

I have yet to try running in boost though.

[SG said:
Revolution;115834808]Pureboosts on feet!!

really great for jogging

Last edited:

chromehead

Banned
Reaction score
where can find air presto sia? looking for work beater, no need hype colours... basic black or grey can liao, would be helpful if can list the price range

else i'll just get the grey 996 revlite on lelong

ParkJinYoung

Honorary Member
Reaction score
mAiChiRl.jpg

erXoIU1l.jpg

Reebok hydrorush...really underrated sneakers
Very comfy for walking and sprinting, but not really for jogging long distance
Can feel springy energy return when walking up stairs
Adidas boosts is more like cushions instead of spring in comparison

Sent from Samsung SM-G930F using GAGT
I use my friend's 40% to get Reebok stuff :o

Sent from 大哥大 using GAGT

SGRevolution

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

SGRevolution

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
new balance outlet just beside nike's in west coast plaza...that time i saw a few good looking models for <$100 but im not really into NB

already have 1 adidas 1 reebok enough already.....at most add 1 more nike to complete the holy trinity :o

ParkJinYoung

Honorary Member
Reaction score

Dvoiddeckbench

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And these are my well loved pair of limited Paris Marathon edition Onitsuka Tiger. Got this while I was holidaying in Australia about 5 years ago at an outlet store at a discount. Last piece and it was in my size. I’ve been trying to use it as sparingly as I can in order to prolong its life.

And yeah, it probably needs a cleaning.

FD6_B0_A98-_FF49-40_FC-948_F-3573_C6_AF41_D1.jpg

6_BE8_AFCB-_A1_FA-442_A-_A6_C4-_B1_C1_A1915406.jpg

16970_C31-07_B1-4_D13-_AEEA-_F6791_CD7_A675.jpg

032_E3374-3_DA0-489_E-9_E51-9_A945_F211_AFF.jpg
This is sexy. Maybe you can ask a professional to clean it so as to extend its life?

FBEmRG4l.jpg

This is mine. Custom GSM.

Sent from 擊敗蟲國人! using GAGT

bryando

Reaction score
glad to see more people coming onto this thread....and showing love for a variety of brands, thumbs up!

No.1AHOLE

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Only if you blindly follow the hypebeasts. Plenty of good kicks out there on retail or discount.

Yeah that's true, but nowadays good kicks are mostly the one that's is hype. Tell me some good kicks that is cheap probably I can consider buying. :)

Kavairs

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There are tons of good kicks out there that arent hype.

Ultraboost can get >$150 during discount. No longer hype.

New balance got mani nice kicks, 247, etc also reasonable price. Adidas tennis hu also cheap and good. No hype coz no boost.

Hype drives sneaker game. But certain hype shoes that you genuinely liked then juz hoot it. Dont buy for hype. If you cant sell certain pairs, juz rock them. Simple.

No.1AHOLE

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There are tons of good kicks out there that arent hype.

Ultraboost can get >$150 during discount. No longer hype.

New balance got mani nice kicks, 247, etc also reasonable price. Adidas tennis hu also cheap and good. No hype coz no boost.

Hype drives sneaker game. But certain hype shoes that you genuinely liked then juz hoot it. Dont buy for hype. If you cant sell certain pairs, juz rock them. Simple.

Now a lot of resellers are killing the game already. Some kicks valve can sky rocket damn fast and high.

bryando

Reaction score
Now a lot of resellers are killing the game already. Some kicks valve can sky rocket damn fast and high.

unless you have that need to wear the same kicks as everyone else, my advice is to simply wait it out. Kicks are not like other commodities such as watches; you keep it in the box over time it will yellow or disintegrate. Resellers can only hold on to the stock for so long before they will become desperate to get rid of it. Also at the rate of releases nowadays, the local resellers do not have such financial power to hold on to existing stocks and yet come up with money to sweep the new "hype" releases. So you will always see them selling with little or no markup after a short while.

trickle_on

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Totally agree.

Resellers can only hold on to the stock for so long. So either they discount or see their cash burn away.

Unless I really really like a pair, I’ll wait.

unless you have that need to wear the same kicks as everyone else, my advice is to simply wait it out. Kicks are not like other commodities such as watches; you keep it in the box over time it will yellow or disintegrate. Resellers can only hold on to the stock for so long before they will become desperate to get rid of it. Also at the rate of releases nowadays, the local resellers do not have such financial power to hold on to existing stocks and yet come up with money to sweep the new "hype" releases. So you will always see them selling with little or no markup after a short while.

wacko82

Master Member
Reaction score
Totally agree.

Resellers can only hold on to the stock for so long. So either they discount or see their cash burn away.

Unless I really really like a pair, I’ll wait.

yup..
and they like to compare their prices to stockx.

i remember when i wanted the jordans 4 levis.

got 1 seller trying to sell at $550 neg whereby stockx price is dropping like crazy.
i offer him $450 (as stockx prices hover between $460-$480) and he went ballistic on me. saying i low ball he only earn like $20 if he sell me that price. lucky for me, i manage to find another seller sell me lower than $450.

in the end, he lower his price to $450, still got the cheek to ask me still want or not.

trickle_on

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had a similar situation with a reseller on carousell too. Seller started asking me if it was a trust issue, blah blah blah.

Any seller who does not entertain questions is a red flag for me. I don’t deal with idiots.

yup..
and they like to compare their prices to stockx.

i remember when i wanted the jordans 4 levis.

got 1 seller trying to sell at $550 neg whereby stockx price is dropping like crazy.
i offer him $450 (as stockx prices hover between $460-$480) and he went ballistic on me. saying i low ball he only earn like $20 if he sell me that price. lucky for me, i manage to find another seller sell me lower than $450.

in the end, he lower his price to $450, still got the cheek to ask me still want or not.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.