The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
You should be able to find the best price and models at jamco. But note that OP price is controlled by luxxotica. The prices will be very closed with/wo discount. If prices are too Low , retailers will get into trouble with luxx.

Anyone can recommend shops that carry Oliver People frames? Saw a pair of frame I like at Queenstown. Wanna compare price before deciding since the frame is not cheap...

ninja99

Reaction score
Icberlin suits angmohs more than us asian faces. Look at the nosepad structure u knoe already. Only japanese domestic brands made in japan are more suitable for asian faces.
Beg to differ, have been wearing icberlin urban for many years still fits comfortably. Since u sing good tune about Japanese spec so please Recommend me the brand/frame, I will go check it out.

Kavairs

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Accidentally, knocked on my OP specs, causing it to be abit slanted.

Possbile to go other specs shop to go bend bck to normal? Always find it awkward if i nvr purchase specs in their shop?

Lazi to go bck jamco coz its veri far from my hse.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Usually it will be put across to you that it is possible to adjust for you but should it break while adjusting, they are not liable as the frame is not done at their shop. But of course some wouldn’t even try.

If you are fine with it then go ahead and give them a chance. Or else Jamco is your best/safest option. OP not exactly cheap too..

Accidentally, knocked on my OP specs, causing it to be abit slanted.

Possbile to go other specs shop to go bend bck to normal? Always find it awkward if i nvr purchase specs in their shop?

Lazi to go bck jamco coz its veri far from my hse.

Kavairs

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Usually it will be put across to you that it is possible to adjust for you but should it break while adjusting, they are not liable as the frame is not done at their shop. But of course some wouldn’t even try.

If you are fine with it then go ahead and give them a chance. Or else Jamco is your best/safest option. OP not exactly cheap too..

You have a point there. Mainly coz the frame not cheap :(

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
Where can I get nose pads for OP? It looks like some type of clip on type.

The same place where you got your OP(best choice) or the Luxxotica customer service team where you would have to email your proof of purchase to them before they arranging a day for you to go to their headquarters to collect and fix the nosepad for you.
That or you can head down to their service center. But i think they service mostly oakleys. Not sure about OP.

If you bought the OP online then likely you would have to go to an optical shop that sells OP and buy the nosepad from them(prolly have to order and take 1-2weeks)

shannen

Reaction score
Thanks. Mines from Mrporter. I guess luxxotica is out then? Does your place happen to have OP pads/OP?

shannen

Reaction score
Look towards the temple/legs of the frame. Does it have some English name engraved on it?

Nope but I did find out the model is OP 505.
http://oliverpeoples.com/shop/op-505#op-505-cobalt-tortoise-brushed-gold

Does that help? Sorry I can only find out this much. Thanks for your help!

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
I have had 5 pairs liao!

What is a good "todayyears" replacement for fit and comfort?

It's really subjective from one individual to another! So there's not really a brand(not frame shape) that is old/new/trendy. Frame shape yeah maybe e.g. round ones still and coming soon probably the double bar frame.

As the saying goes, one man's meat is another man's poison.(My opinion). Cheers!

Kcusts

Master Member
Reaction score
Guys I have a question. My prescription Oakley has the interchangeable nose pad. It comes with the transparent type. It seems that there is another type which is black in color. I was thinking of getting the black ones online as replacement. Are they the same? I can't seem to find the answer online. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Mine.
Glasses-Nose-Pads-For-Oakley-Chamfer-Voltage-Airdrop-Splinter-_57.jpg

Thinking of getting this as replacement. Is this only for crosslink?
d66b22cbfc271049adb8371518149f0a.jpg

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have had 5 pairs liao!

What is a good "todayyears" replacement for fit and comfort?

Yesteryears stuff are much better than todayyears stuff. Good stuff always are old. The older probably are better.

GANGSTERKIA

Master Member
Reaction score
bCs8ot3.jpg

Yes it is different, the white/transparent one portrudes more thus pushing the frame further from your face as compared to the other black one. I doubt they will be able to fit, I just called Oakley and they said no as the pin size is different.. but depending also on which model you are talking about. But I highly doubt it can fit....
Please Correct me if I am wrong. If not head down to your usual optical shop and they should be able to get you replacement parts at a small cost

Guys I have a question. My prescription Oakley has the interchangeable nose pad. It comes with the transparent type. It seems that there is another type which is black in color. I was thinking of getting the black ones online as replacement. Are they the same? I can't seem to find the answer online. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Mine.
Glasses-Nose-Pads-For-Oakley-Chamfer-Voltage-Airdrop-Splinter-_57.jpg

Thinking of getting this as replacement. Is this only for crosslink?
d66b22cbfc271049adb8371518149f0a.jpg

Last edited:

Mancunian2

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
in the prescription, CYC should be +ve or -ve values?

just realised mine new prescription is +50 whereas the old one was -50,
which is correct :s11:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.