Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreaming

Reaction score
I used it all the time. How the other hotel knows , I dunno. But I always get my suitcase back in it's original condition at the destination.

Just go to the hotel front desk, say u want to TaQbin the suitcase, they will do the paper work. They will check the rate for u at u just pay the hotel.

The delivery is usually by next day, and u need to bring it down in the morning. so u need to plan on which suitcase to deliver and what to hand carry.

So when you reached your next hotel you have to tell them your luggage was delivered here?

Can I pay by cash to the first hotel Who help me book?

thwysg

Reaction score
So when you reached your next hotel you have to tell them your luggage was delivered here?

You need to show the hotel concierge your receipt for the luggage forwarding. Yes, pay by cash.

hawthorne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes. Pay by cash. Usually cost ard 1600jpy for delivery within honshu. They charge by distance per piece of luggage. So i usually wack all the heavy stuff in a large suitcase and ask them deliver. Then pack the stuffs I need for the the day in a smaller suitcase and that one I hand carry

Last edited:

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here use luggage delivery from hotel to hotel before? If i'm staying in Osaka and would like the luggage to be delivered to Tokyo.

I can ask the hotel i'm staying at to assist me about luggage delivery service?

How will the other hotel that is receiving the luggage knows that it's from their customer?
State same as the room reservation name. They even placed in my allocated room.

Last edited:

oarfish72

Reaction score
Hi dimitri_can

I am planning a trip with my family of 6 as follows : Singapore-Kyoto (4 days) -Osaka (3 days) -Takayama (2 days) -Toyko (4 days) -Singapore

can i ask if it will be cheaper to get the JR nationwide 14 days pass or regional pass? if regional, which pass should i purchase ?

Thanks in advance !
Simon

princessreiko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here use luggage delivery from hotel to hotel before? If i'm staying in Osaka and would like the luggage to be delivered to Tokyo.

I can ask the hotel i'm staying at to assist me about luggage delivery service?

How will the other hotel that is receiving the luggage knows that it's from their customer?

This service is very popular in Japan.
The hotel will know what to do.
They will fill up a form for you.
All you need to do is to give them the address of the hotel u want ur luggage to be delivered to. I google the address and give them.
Usually I will get them to fill up the form the day before so that on the day itself, I present them the form and payment n of course the luggage.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This service is very popular in Japan.
The hotel will know what to do.
They will fill up a form for you.
All you need to do is to give them the address of the hotel u want ur luggage to be delivered to. I google the address and give them.
Usually I will get them to fill up the form the day before so that on the day itself, I present them the form and payment n of course the luggage.

oh if from osaka i dun want to carry luggage can i use the service to sent from osaka to tokyo and deliver at certain timing? airbnb also can right not only deliver to hotel right?

edit.. think only for hotel only.... super good and cheap service

hawthorne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh if from osaka i dun want to carry luggage can i use the service to sent from osaka to tokyo and deliver at certain timing? airbnb also can right not only deliver to hotel right?

edit.. think only for hotel only.... super good and cheap service

u can deliver anywhere, as long as there are people who is at the destination to accept the suitcase. For AirBnB, perhaps u need to indicate the time where u have already arrived at the AirBnB.

So For timing, you can indicate the time you want the suitcase to reach. How precise the actual arrival, i dunno.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u can deliver anywhere, as long as there are people who is at the destination to accept the suitcase. For timing, you can indicate the time you want the suitcase to reach. How precise the actual arrival, i dunno.

cannot airbnb inside no body one.. for me i cant find hotel having 3 adults and 1 kid. :o i found 1 but is adjoining room which not convenient.. in the end all air bnb.. got washer, cooking etc..

Dreaming

Reaction score
Yes. Pay by cash. Usually cost ard 1600jpy for delivery within honshu. They charge by distance per piece of luggage. So i usually wack all the heavy stuff in a large suitcase and ask them deliver. Then pack the stuffs I need for the the day in a smaller suitcase and that one I hand carry

If the next hotel lobby is at 20th floor they will still be able to locate the hotel even thou it's at a commercial building?

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

yes, u pay at the first hotel.
hotel will help u to settle. best to inform ur second hotel to expect a delivery. or get ur first hotel to call to inform.

note that the delivery is usually overnight, and u need to send in ur luggage before a certain time in the morning for it to arrive the next day.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi dimitri_can

I am planning a trip with my family of 6 as follows : Singapore-Kyoto (4 days) -Osaka (3 days) -Takayama (2 days) -Toyko (4 days) -Singapore

can i ask if it will be cheaper to get the JR nationwide 14 days pass or regional pass? if regional, which pass should i purchase ?

Thanks in advance !
Simon

JR passes are to cover the expensive trips on shinkansen and limited express trains. for travelling within the city, u dun need the JR pass. so for ur case, it will be to cover the trip from osaka to takayama, and takayama to tokyo. so likely a 7-day pass will suffice.

depending on ur itinerary, single trip tickets may be cheaper. or some combination of regional pass and single trip tickets.

some possibilities:
7-day JR pass: 29110yen
osaka-takayama + takayama-tokyo single trip: 11k + 15K yen
takayama horuriku area pass + nagoay-tokyo: 14k + 11k yen

also, note that kyoto is nearer to takayama while osaka is nearer to kix airport if u are flying into kix. so u may want to do sin -> osaka -> kyoto -> takayama

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They verify by name only and send it to your room?

yeah i paid and sent it from the airport on my first day and went for a day trip elsewhere and the luggage reached the second day. i checked-in in the evening and made payment. luggage in my room already. but we got two rooms and of course they don't know who's in which room, so they placed all four luggages in one of the rooms.

princessreiko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is the form the hotel will help u to fill in.
Generally from hotel to hotel in the same prefecture, it takes 1 day to arrive.
From 1 prefecture to another, it takes 2 days.

img_address-label_00.jpg

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Since ginza and tsukiji market are near, was planning for morning tsukiji then ginza in afternoon. Coz im planning for mario gokart that starts and end near tokyo tower. But what else is there to see near ginza??

symbiote28

Reaction score
anyone taken the NEX train to and from Narita? how's the experience like? thinking of trying this out as previously, i took the normal Keisei airport line and changed at one station to Ikebukuro.

quirkyhill

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
planning solo trip late Sep early oct Tokyo > Nagano > Kyoto, would it be too early for autumn scenery?

s7460597

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Since ginza and tsukiji market are near, was planning for morning tsukiji then ginza in afternoon. Coz im planning for mario gokart that starts and end near tokyo tower. But what else is there to see near ginza??

Department food halls if you've time. mitsukoshi ginza?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.