Not open for further replies.

DiCaprio

Reaction score
Guess the work environment for this chunky, gaudy monster lol
JHZDaaC.jpg

Sent from Tomorrowland using GAGT

misstt

Reaction score
hi guys, not sure if this is the right thread... otherwise please point me in the right direction

thinking of building my own mechanical watch, any tips for sourcing for the raw materials? including dial, straps, etc.

appreciate if anyone who has tried it before can connect with me as well. thanks!!

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think SG is less on the ball in terms of watch game compared to Hk.. by a pretty wide margin too.

Hk every morning on the MTR to central (their cbd) in every train carriage there are at least a few rolexes.. mostly black subc and sub date.. yesterday alone i noticed two patek wearing neighbors at my service apartment lobby.. both 5712s... amazing.. then again, it was the first time every I saw anything from the nautilus range on someones wrist here after two years...

HK very near Shenzhen if you know what i mean.

Ha, not the rich kids hypebeast type of wear......those dont mean **** no matter locally or overseas......I dont own a single pair of Yeezy, ever.

high end designer clothes don't appeal to me.

i prefer my japanese stuff. also i don't own any yeezy. i wear vans/converse etc

joshua182

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
By the way, that aged leather strap looks out of place for a white collar environment to me. Are you blue collar or a business owner?

Incidentally my boss today kan me, said white collar worker must wear white color watch to matchy matchy our white collar station in life... so i went to buy this

u think he will kan me again cos of the contrast anot ah. if not hor, can wear on friday. cos on our bi annual casual fridays contrast collars are allowed as long as we stick to the duller tones..

Last edited:

joshua182

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was banned from entering because my Goyard briefcase wasn't white collar enough.

You mean that place also has a sign dis-encouraging monogrammed leather articles?

The one at my office is right next to the sign that advises us not to get our namecards water-marked AND to only use standard fonts instead of the fancy stuff.

Absolutely confounding, am i right!

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Incidentally my boss today kan me, said white collar worker must wear white color watch to matchy matchy our white collar station in life... so i went to buy this

wNws8BF_d.jpg

u think he will kan me again cos of the contrast anot ah. if not hor, can wear on friday. cos on our bi annual casual fridays contrast collars are allowed as long as we stick to the duller tones..

Let me save u from boss Kan.... Sell me the watch.. Heee

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

wNws8BF_d.jpg

my boss say i weak. say want buy, buy both. then got contrast

nY5uwPE.jpg

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, not sure if this is the right thread... otherwise please point me in the right direction

thinking of building my own mechanical watch, any tips for sourcing for the raw materials? including dial, straps, etc.

appreciate if anyone who has tried it before can connect with me as well. thanks!!

good luck. you can source from ebay

pwillie

Master Member
Reaction score
my boss say i weak. say want buy, buy both. then got contrast

nY5uwPE.jpg

my boss kan me sia, he say why i change job to van driver never buy a suitable watch.... so i go buy this for driving

h7NEv5S.jpg

when i show him, he arm-chio say my replica very real hor,
i flip him the bird, and pawn him by kenging MC today.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my boss kan me sia, he say why i change job to van driver never buy a suitable watch.... so i go buy this for driving

h7NEv5S.jpg

wah simi bird. jin satki.
so you're consider blue collar?

AyuReady

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I used to follow my boss, he wear what I also buy what. Then My boss kan me say buy so many SS for what.
WkUrxPk.jpg

MGkvDIk.jpg

TDvrlLf.jpg

Same as the steelwool material at the kitchen sink... no future

Then he show me these and say no high density precious metal no talk

2Thja4a.jpg

gDDvhme.jpg

I no choice have to quit the company because different SES. Lucky I #endgame liao

h7NEv5S.jpg

estrangable

Reaction score
My boss Kan me for buying a Rolex... He said Rolex is like the new seiko. So I broke my piggy to get this peasant watch
qmvVKqz.jpg

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My boss Kan me for buying a Rolex... He said Rolex is like the new seiko. So I broke my piggy to get this peasant watch
qmvVKqz.jpg

How many coins you give sia. i had to bring a 2 duffel bag
nowadays bosses really screw up, make employee spend money
i have to sell my submariner too, see below the box :(

118GMA2.jpg

Last edited:

AyuReady

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
watch collecting is supposed to be a fun hobby but some KNN bosses like to chut pattern and insist watch collecting must only be high end watches

#saynotoKNNboss

Back to watch collecting mode and showcasing my down2earth watches

1xFPQBp.jpg

BallGag

Reaction score
watch collecting is supposed to be a fun hobby but some KNN bosses like to chut pattern and insist watch collecting must only be high end watches

#saynotoKNNboss

Back to watch collecting mode and showcasing my down2earth watches

1xFPQBp.jpg

Excuse me, are you pink collar?

estrangable

Reaction score
That is why my boss hate wearing peasant watches.. To be associated with people like you .. So planning to sell stainless steel watches and get a real proper watch.

f9ErHdw.jpg

How many coins you give sia. i had to bring a 2 duffel bag
nowadays bosses really screw up, make employee spend money
i have to sell my submariner too, see below the box :(

118GMA2.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.