Johor Bahru - share is caring

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For me & family,
Yi Jia is on my list.
Tried Pekin outlet at Taman sentosa. Price reasonable. Always crowded. But service is fast.
Pekin Restn has few outlets.

http://pekin.com.my/en/

i tried the Pekin here:
https://www.google.com/maps?cid=9503993007870776785

i went becoz I saw ppl mentioned it was the best restaurant in JB, however wont be going again... as i find it a bit pricey as compared to Yi Jia and TaiSon coz its considered more high class/Big restaurant...

There was no much customers at the Pekin we went, only 2 tables was occupied , as it was afternoon...

My other shortlisted is this Grands Straits Garden Seafood Restaurant, havnt try yet :
https://www.google.com/maps?cid=13180288303416954523

Whisper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wanted to go today but last minute can't make it. Tomorrow is out coz public holiday. Friday also out coz school holiday. Weekends no need say confirm out. :(

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wanted to go today but last minute can't make it. Tomorrow is out coz public holiday. Friday also out coz school holiday. Weekends no need say confirm out. :(

Yeah. Tml would be crazy at custom. In fact tonight start liao. Friday and Saturday can monitor lah.

Like i said before, those wana fully max the long weekend, will have left either this evening or tml, so free up Friday and Saturday. :s13:
I can be wrong too....

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Tml would be crazy at custom. In fact tonight start liao. Friday and Saturday can monitor lah.

Like i said before, those wana fully max the long weekend, will have left either this evening or tml, so free up Friday and Saturday. :s13:
I can be wrong too....

so the more ppl go in tonight and tmr, means maybe saturday lesser jam ? :s13:

Whisper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I can be wrong too....
Ya..the jam unpredictable one..actually the bus traffic is ok..it's the chop passport at JB side very long queue and slow moving.

Papermate

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I can be wrong too....

What tonight. Many people already took leave and are at the Causeway now, or already crossed over eating at DTF there. Those cheapkate hotels there are fully booked...always the case whenever there was a long weekend.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i chanced upon this post, i find it very useful:
Reached JB by bus around 9.30 pm last Friday, the pushcart shops and 7-11 at JB Sentral said they cannot sell the prepaid card at night after certain timing because they cannot do the registration. I needed internet to book a Grab ride to Sutera area ( RM$17 ) and sadly could not find wifi at City Square or Komtar JBCC. So no choice, took one of the taxi lined outside Komtar, trip was around RM$25.

So fast forward, in KL on Saturday night, Bukit Bintang, Alor Street, I was still determined to get a prepaid card for convenience sake. Encountered make shift stalls that are selling starter pack for higher prices. I know how much is each telco's starter pack price as I saved it on my phone so I just refuse to buy anything for RM$15.00 -RM$18.50 when it cost only RM$8.00 - RM8.50.

Found a convenience store ( forgot is it 7-11 or the other one ) which carries U Mobile cards. The cashier said I have to buy the RM$18.50 if I want data ( 200 MB only ) and if i get the RM$8.50 starter pack - it does not come with any data.

Seriously, if I didn't know better, I would have paid RM$18.50. But luckily I have bought the RM$8.50 pack before in KSL in May and know it comes with a bundled 200MB data.

This is the kind of gimmick that one may encounter if they are not familiar with the prices... I refuse to pay extra $10 for the starter pack and told the guy I wanted my prepaid card without data at the published price on the pack.

When I insert the card into my phone and opened up the umobile app to check, it has data contrary to what the guy claimed.

BTW, for short trips of 1-3 days, U Mobile has promotions at Tesco, selling starter packs for only RM3! ( my cousins snapped 4 packs when they were in KSL JB )

Starter Packs RRP ( As of 29 July 2018 )
Celcom - Xpax RM$10
Maxis - Hotlink RM$10
Digi Prepaid Live RM$8
U Mobile RM$8.50

My trip ended up being 5 days, so my U Mobile 200 MB data and credit were all used up. Bought Xpax from the official Celcom store in NU Sentral, Lvl 2 ( KL Sentral ). Should have bought Xpax from Day 1 if I could since I can choose either 10GB Facebook or 10GB Instagram freebies. I think that's great for instagram heavy users like me.

kitkat2

Reaction score
it's going to be a very busy week. even the rest stops along the highway were filled with singaporeans this morning.

nj328pA.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.