Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

PholkLorr

Reaction score
Are there TVs that comes with the digital receiver integrated inside and don't need a separate box or antenna

Last edited:

tk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Are there TVs that comes with the digital receiver integrated inside and don't need a separate box or antenna

most new TVs comes with DVBT2 built in.. just need to plug to antenna.. no need digital box..

mt

Reaction score
If choose to let them come to your home to install, what brand are they using and whether it is good as compare to you buy and personally install?

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If choose to let them come to your home to install, what brand are they using and whether it is good as compare to you buy and personally install?
They will be installing the NMS brand, which is the same available at the 4 participating retail stores:
NMS%20ETA%20Stereo%20STB2-T2%20High.jpg

However, if you choose to buy from the participating retail store, you get a choice to choose between the NMS brand and Draco brand.

FeiYou

Reaction score
My NMS digital box is showing different TV schedule from what is showing at the moment. Eg. It’s 12am now but the TV schedule is showing name of 8pm show. Anyone has same issues and how to resolve it? Checked the time setting, it’s correct.

dexter9898

Reaction score
waiting for someone to invent

Some SMART TV models like LG have internal HDD. :s22:

Toggle Red button on LG and Sony TV. Just press Red button on remote and will go to toggle site to watch previous episode. TV must be connected to internet. :s12:

dexter9898

Reaction score

Get them to install for you. You got a lemon set (HDMI port faulty), they can replace it immediately. Your house got reception problem, they will help u find a sweet spot if not feedback to IMDA for you.

suuhhc

Reaction score
What can be the problem if signal quality is fluctuating from 98% to 0% resulting in freezing picture (4-5 time in a hr), signal intensity is however constantly at 99%. Moving the antenna around doesn't help. Need a better antenna or STB problem?

suuhhc

Reaction score
Get them to install for you. You got a lemon set (HDMI port faulty), they can replace it immediately. Your house got reception problem, they will help u find a sweet spot if not feedback to IMDA for you.

The technician will really help u to find sweet spot or just fix & go without checking signal quality as long u got all free channels clearly?

dexter9898

Reaction score
Hi guys. For those using the Draco STB.

Encounter the following small issues during recording:
1) When trying to use timer recording (specify a certain time record span ie 1701 - 1703hrs), after it completed it will come out a irritating 10s countdown dialog box to prompt u if wan to go on standby. If u select no, then u will continue to watch the current channel. If nt it will power off

2) While watching on CH5 n did a timer recording on CNA few minutes ago, upon the starting time it will auto switch to tat recording channel. Disrupting me watching on current channel.

Any bros here encounter same issues? How to avoid? TIA.

1) Think firmware is programmed to go standby mode after scheduled recording to save electricity.

2) No choice, only one tuner in set-top box. Ch5 and CNA are on different frequencies. Tuner have to tune to Ch33 to record CNA. Unless u are watching OKTO, you can watch OKTO and record CNA at the same time.

Alternatively, get a DVB-T2 TV. Like last time VHS recorder method, loop your RF out from your set-top box to your TV and let the set-top box do purely recording and TV for watching. :)

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1) Think firmware is programmed to go standby mode after scheduled recording to save electricity.

2) No choice, only one tuner in set-top box. Ch5 and CNA are on different frequencies. Tuner have to tune to Ch33 to record CNA. Unless u are watching OKTO, you can watch OKTO and record CNA at the same time.

Alternatively, get a DVB-T2 TV. Like last time VHS recorder method, loop your RF out from your set-top box to your TV and let the set-top box do purely recording and TV for watching. :)

There are websites, apps and kodi addons providing "recorded" programs for all singapore OTA channels.

sporeknight76

Master Member
Reaction score
1)

Hmm. U try tis b4? Theorectically shld nt b able to work. Bcos if use STB + DVB-T2 TV, still nd to synchronise the tv channels for both viewing n recording ma.

But if let say yr idea can work, i may s well get another STB for my non digitaltv. So 1 STB for viewing (family members), the other for recording. May nd 2 antennas too, 1STB for 1 antenna.

Haiz.. Tis digitaltv era upset my way of life liao. Nd to spend more $$$ liao

Last edited:

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm. U try tis b4? Theorectically shld nt b able to work. Bcos if use STB + DVB-T2 TV, still nd to synchronise the tv channels for both viewing n recording ma.

But if let say yr idea can work, i may s well get another STB for my non digitaltv. So 1 STB for viewing (family members), the other for recording. May nd 2 antennas too, 1STB for 1 antenna.

Haiz.. Tis digitaltv era upset my way of life liao. Nd to spend more $$$ liao

The method works, there is no linkage between the tv and stb, except that they share one antenna.

If you are buying 2 stb, don't have to get 2 antenna, you can share antenna using the same looping method.

The price of one box is about $20. If $20 can upset your life than it is better for you to move to another country.

sporeknight76

Master Member
Reaction score
The method works, there is no linkage between the tv and stb, except that they share one antenna.

If you are buying 2 stb, don't have to get 2 antenna, you can share antenna using the same looping method.

The price of one box is about $20. If $20 can upset your life than it is better for you to move to another country.
If 20$ for 1 xtra box i m def ok w it. Its jys the hassle link up the STB w the tv and program it etc. Nt to mention the xtra box to configure....

Tot the STB recording is str8 forward. Nw nd 2 to solve my prob. N if can.

jq75

Honorary Member
Reaction score
My NMS digital box is showing different TV schedule from what is showing at the moment. Eg. It’s 12am now but the TV schedule is showing name of 8pm show. Anyone has same issues and how to resolve it? Checked the time setting, it’s correct.

Refer to manual

uplinkhack

Reaction score
Hi, if previously I was able to receive DVB-T signals, does it mean that my antenna can also support DVB-T2 signals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.