Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

TehBeng

Master Member
Reaction score
What is wrong with those RM at citi branches spreading rumours like $70k minimum balance and amendments of interest to 0.7% of Sibor rate?

He also mentioned that these changes will come to effect within these 2 months. The last I read through this thread and the terms, nothing concrete was inked.

I also bochup, gonna just open account and put $15,0001 this weekend.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
What is wrong with those RM at citi branches spreading rumours like $70k minimum balance and amendments of interest to 0.7% of Sibor rate?

He also mentioned that these changes will come to effect within these 2 months. The last I read through this thread and the terms, nothing concrete was inked.

Got relationship manager standing at branch de? I thought mostly are credit card salesman?

LexusIS

Reaction score

Sometimes they receive updated info from product managers? Or simply trying to upsell as you look rich? :s22:

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

I only put in 15k exact when I opened this account. Why need that $1? :s11:

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

To troll or show their displeasure?

Maybe the next person will put $15,000 in $1 coins while $55,000 in $1000 notes on the counter to open account, then will just pass them the $1 coin for first deposit only.

TehBeng

Master Member
Reaction score
Got relationship manager standing at branch de? I thought mostly are credit card salesman?

I think high chance I see wrongly. But either way, I just ignore what he say lol

Sometimes they receive updated info from product managers? Or simply trying to upsell as you look rich? :s22:

Moi no rich la, have to lurk in moneymind for good advice :D

extra $1 to end their BS.

Same incident RM BS at counter during account opening.

I placed 15,000.01 after their BS.

But I confirmed by calling into Citibank, as of today, no such thing as minimum $70k deposit (unless you are into citi priority) and no news about 0.7% sibor interest or whatsoever BS they cooking.

Last edited:

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Shiity bank... but interest is good.
Just the sales personnel...

LexusIS

Reaction score
Shiity bank... but interest is good.
Just the sales personnel...

Aggressive sales ppl. But service is good. After banking with them, try to bank with BOC u will really see the difference. Lol

Boc service ppl are friendly but systems and processes really cmi and will puke blood

LexusIS

Reaction score
Moi no rich la, have to lurk in moneymind for good advice :D

Rich lah bro, only high SES ppl bank with Citi lol

Not sure why they push the $70k min tho, maybe to upgrade you to priority as it could be their target. But like that mis-selling leh

Clone_

Reaction score
If they really change to 70k and you opened your account before that, can they still charge you for early account closure and fall below fee?

stars8

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, just to check if i withdraw some of my fund out today and lowest daily balance is lower than last month, will i still get the 1.2% bonus interest or 0.6% by end of this month.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
they will only nice when you buy investment or insurance, sometimes I don't know if Citi really cares about that? or it is just a standard

There is a difference of treatment when one has only $15,001 or $70,000 or $500,000 or $1,000,000 in your saving account ba

wira

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can do that - many people did.

Wait you mean you can apply multiple maxi gain accounts ie one personal maxigain and one joint maxigain ?

I tried to do that at Serangoon gardens branch the staff insisted can only have one account allowed !!!!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.