View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 04:02 AM   #2388
foodieeee

Hi. Me also planning to self drive there. I have never been to NZ but from what i observed. The typical normal airfare from SG to South island such as Christchurch is at least $1.3k per pax and Queentown is much more . One of the cheapest afre i seen is $788 that is to the north, Wellington at $788 by air NZ. Another "cheap" way is to fly to Melbourne at the cheapest fare,Then fly to Christchurch from there.

I feel Accommodation is not really very cheap. A good decent still cost at $100-120 and above. Car rental for 9-10 days by Apex at least $500.

I am not into heli hike as i have been to the glacier in iceland , tandem skydiving, bungee jump and flying fox type as i no longer young. Therefore i can actually save a lot cost from it. If mainly stick to sight seeing and scenery. My estimation is about $6k for 2 pax all inclusive.

I'll be travelling in group of 4pax, and is deciding between renting campervan to stay overnight at campsites/holiday parks or renting normal car + stay in airbnbs. Which option will you be doing?

For flights, managed to get SIN-SYD via scoot, SYD-AKL via jetstar, CHC-SIN via emirates at less than $1k per pax during promo.
foodieeee is offline   Reply With Quote