Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Will This Be A Game Changer For Samsung?

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A samsung selling for 1.5k... Might as well buy huawei. Cheaper n better value.

Believe street prices will be lower. If it's still high, I'll hold out for the Mate 20. Not condoning the price for what essentially is just an S9+ with a S-Pen. There is also no guarantee the battery will be good given almost certainly we are having the Exynos version which is the same as the S9+ where the battery was below average for its capacity. The Exynos version both the S9 and Note 9 we are using isn't the best since we aren't getting the Snapdragon 845.

garychengjw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now the specs and price is almost as a laptop spec. :s22:

Sent from Xiaomi Mi 8 #发发发 using GAGT

rachdanon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now the specs and price is almost as a laptop spec. :s22:

Sent from Xiaomi Mi 8 #发发发 using GAGT

Ya price is holding me back. Will use my Note 4 for longer until it breaks down. That price for Note 9 if last 4 years like my Note 4 still ok, but things like water in the water cooling system etc makes me cautious of jumping on it...... prob wait 2 months or so for it to be tested in the wild first.

Chevalier

Master Member
Reaction score
Not going to be cheap, but Note 9 freaking looks like the most complete phone to me ever, esp if you get the 512gb/8gb option. Samsung really going all out for Note 9

- IP68 dust/water proof (up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Stylus (Bluetooth integration)
- Super AMOLED 1440 x 2960 (~516 ppi density)
- Snapdragon 845
- MicroSD, up to 512 GB
- 512 GB/8 GB RAM
- Dual Camera: 12 MP, f/1.5-2.4, dual pixel PDAF, OIS 12 MP, f/2.4, 52mm, 1/3.6", 1µm, AF, OIS, 2x optical zoom
- Video: 2160p@60fps, 1080p@240fps, 720p@960fps,
- 3.5mm jack
- Stereo speakers
- Samsung DeX (No DeX pad required)
- Fast battery charging (Quick Charge 2.0)
- Qi/PMA wireless charging (market dependent)
- Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery
I agree.

Peeps comparing to Huawei must really enjoy a subpar screen experience. To me it's like night and day. The only panels that I see can rival are from the iphone x.

bratpig

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A samsung selling for 1.5k... Might as well buy huawei. Cheaper n better value.

I’ve used Huawei mate 10 pro for approximately 4 months. Screen and performance can’t beat Samsung or Apple

I’m frustrated by the OS aggressively killing apps to save battery. Simple things like automatically inputting OTP, scanning of QR codes are not found. It’s also frustrating meddling with features, which was forced on users, such as screen saver on lock screen

I don’t even want to mention why pro is using a lousier screen than mate 10

Anyway to each his own. Just because one thinks the price isn’t right, there’re others who feels ok

kopi22

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For the new DeX, possible that it will be available for current Note 8 too?? Without using the pad is so much better.

Sent from The Sinking Island using GAGT

tankee531

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya price is holding me back. Will use my Note 4 for longer until it breaks down. That price for Note 9 if last 4 years like my Note 4 still ok, but things like water in the water cooling system etc makes me cautious of jumping on it...... prob wait 2 months or so for it to be tested in the wild first.

If u are price sensitive, get the note 8. Unless there is a feature of note 9 you die die must have. :)

tankee531

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For the new DeX, possible that it will be available for current Note 8 too?? Without using the pad is so much better.

My guess is NO.

No reason to kill a selling point for getting people to upgrade. Just like the case of AR emoji

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If Samsung can put it into the disappointing Tab S4, they definitely can put into Note 8 which is even more powerful than Tab S4?

But dun think they will, or their Dex station and pads can all scrap liao.

buttercracker

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Considering for mobile learning, but the price..., if note 8, will there be problem with using it for multimedia usage

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Waiting a while to see if any major field issue is reasonable, but I really dun think you need to consider whether to upgrade to Note 9 or not (if proven no issue), since you're still using Note 4. It's just the most awesome phone now in almost every aspect :o

AWholeNewWorld

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not much upgrade from my view.
Screen and speaker might be the biggest win over huawei. No SD845 for SG version as well. by end august, huawei might fully release her Mate 20 pro spec and price.
Might as well get Note8 or Mate20 Pro.
1TB storage seems enticing, but in SG, we change phone like change tyre. Bug storage is almost useless here. Who the hell use so many storage in 2years?
Lastly, the rear fingerprint scanner is a big dumb issue. They just trying to milk people with all this stupid things they did. Huawei might release In screen fingerprint scanner way early than them.

Last edited:

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
Nothing really surprise lol. It's like Note 8s rather than Note 9 to be honest.

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have used note, but i seldom use the pen, what do u use the pen for?

Umm, write Notes, translate, screen capture, magnify? I dun use it like everyday but it's useful when needed.

I know it is possible to do these without spen too but it's all personal choice.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.