View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 09:43 AM   #2389
evilerniex
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks for the advice! Will rework the itinerary, most likely removing Waitomo, Wellington and Dunedin.
Between Fox Glacier and Franz Josef Glacier, do we have to visit both? Or just one will do? Is it recommended to stay at FG/FJG?

Have you done skydiving too? Any recommendation? Thanks!
i stayed 2 nights in FJG but it was only 1 full day there coz it took almost the whole day to drive from wanaka to FJG so only reach in the evening. and i had to leave early in morning on the 3rd day coz needed to drive all the way to christchurch.

i did helihike at FJG and it took half a day. so i only had time to visit the mirror lake near fox glacier after tt and didnt really go hike to fox glacier itself

i didnt do skydriving. but regardless whether skydriving or helihike, both are very dependent of weather conditions. so it will be good if u can cater more days there, so u can buffer for bad weather.

my plan for 2 nights is such that if i cant do helihike on day 2, day 3 morning will be my backup, then i will drop some of the places that i planned between FJG and christchurch.