LEW

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just for your information that Electrical Technician rank higher than Electrician level. The most basic LEW licence is Electrician level that required a Nitec. If attending a 5 days course can become LEW, why will anyone take Nitec in Electrical?

You must ask seianko how long ago did he took his "basic" LEW course cause the regulation could be our parent generation. What does he mean by "basic" LEW? Cause his background is Dip in EE and degree in EE which mean he may use his lowest qualification like Diploma to get a Electrical Technician Licence. This mean 5 days course are not part of the LEW requirement but he may just throw every certificates into the LEW application.

So you needs to make sound judgement when we have this type of information online cause he maybe trolling which we will never know the real answer unless you know him in real life.

Anyone got link for the 5 day course?

seianko

Suspended
Reaction score
not trolling

it was available, only until recent years i was told by known friend that they remove it.

and i din realise it until i post and my frd wapps me

any poly kias from sp or np will know this if they grad early 2000

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is the name of the training provider? Do you still have the course certificate for reference?

not trolling

it was available, only until recent years i was told by known friend that they remove it.

and i din realise it until i post and my frd wapps me

any poly kias from sp or np will know this if they grad early 2000

seianko

Suspended
Reaction score
u ownself dunno u dun have to grill me as if i am doing wrong by you.

The course was run at somerset PUB bldg back then

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mostly course will give certificate. From the certificate, you can get course name and training provider name to share with us. From there we can check or ask around.

So are you a LEW and what grade do you have?

u ownself dunno u dun have to grill me as if i am doing wrong by you.

The course was run at somerset PUB bldg back then

mypillowtalks

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SIPG conducts some courses as well.
https://www.spgroup.com.sg/what-we-do/training?page=1&category=Codes%20%26%20Regulations

My friend recently got his lew 8. Think need a bit of practical experience like testing commissioning, switching, etc.

Im also thinking of going for level 8 after 5 years, if i can tahan till then.

I went for this 2days cp5 course by Er. Wang hee weng also. Learnt a bit on the cp5. Also need know a few other ss cps as well.

Sent from Your Favourite Non-Biting Talking Pillow using GAGT

Last edited:

seianko

Suspended
Reaction score
Mostly course will give certificate. From the certificate, you can get course name and training provider name to share with us. From there we can check or ask around.

So are you a LEW and what grade do you have?
go read again, i never say i needed the cert.

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I read again.

You talk about the 5 days course.

Than you say: 'I din bother to take mine even when i was highly involve in construction field work'.

From this, my understanding is that you did not get the LEW status but did you go for the 5 days course or not?

go read again, i never say i needed the cert.

seianko

Suspended
Reaction score
I read again.

You talk about the 5 days course.

Than you say: 'I din bother to take mine even when i was highly involve in construction field work'.

From this, my understanding is that you did not get the LEW status but did you go for the 5 days course or not?
i didnt. but since this course was mistake on my part that i did not realise its no longer there i dun get why u keep harping about it?

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cause still got people like coutuser ask about this course. When I ask them to make judgement call, you are the one who keep harping about it.

In short, you did not attend the course and did not end up LEW but claim that the 5 days course can help one to become LEW. On another hand, I check with my LEW friends and we question it credibility cause we never hear about this before. If attending a 5 days course can become LEW, why will anyone take Nitec (That time is call NTC-2) in Electrical?

i didnt. but since this course was mistake on my part that i did not realise its no longer there i dun get why u keep harping about it?

Sergios

Reaction score
My ex colleague mentioned about some ema course to prepare before going for lew grade 8 .

His degree is from philippines uni.

Sent from Samsung SM-G930F using GAGT

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your ex colleague is a Degree holder but go for Electrical Technician grade.

We always have issues with government cause they only recognized on-campus qualification (like foreigner buy or study at their home county) but don't recognized distance learning degree (like local who study in private school).

My ex colleague mentioned about some ema course to prepare before going for lew grade 8 .

His degree is from philippines uni.

Sent from Samsung SM-G930F using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.