Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Status
Not open for further replies.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually...

Jose first season bought Pogba, mika and bailly.
Last season bought lukaku, matic, lindelof and sanchez during the 2nd window.
This coming season he bought grant, dalot and fred.

But people are still complaining? First transfer window target hit le, 3 players each. lolol.
Nah, mostly its JM complaining in post match interviews he not getting the players he requested and that the squad ain't good enough for him especially the youngsters he had to make do with in pre season.

Most fans complain why he can't bring out the best out of the players he had at his disposal cos on paper we are supposed to be world beaters but kept losing to bottom teams a week after beating a top 6 team. Its not that the players aren't good. They just aren't able to perform their best following his tactics.

Then there's his bizarre obsession in strengthening our defence when we are already overloaded with defenders.

Sent from NVIDIA SHIELD TABLET using GAGT

TakKiu

Master Member
Reaction score
Mourinho said this will be a difficult season. But in here, i sensed a very different mood. I really hope mourinho is throlling everyone in pre-season. 3-0 to man utd? If they managed to nick it 1-0, i gladly take that.

:s13:

apeape

Reaction score
2-0? 3-0? I think if by an hour no goal, Jose would already park the bus!

But I really want Man Utd to win though, lets hope for the best!

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nah, mostly its JM complaining in post match interviews he not getting the players he requested and that the squad ain't good enough for him especially the youngsters he had to make do with in pre season.

Most fans complain why he can't bring out the best out of the players he had at his disposal cos on paper we are supposed to be world beaters but kept losing to bottom teams a week after beating a top 6 team. Its not that the players aren't good. They just aren't able to perform their best following his tactics.

Then there's his bizarre obsession in strengthening our defence when we are already overloaded with defenders.

Sent from NVIDIA SHIELD TABLET using GAGT

Because the defenders are often injured. Sometimes even 3 defenders are injured.

TOKARA

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mourinho said this will be a difficult season. But in here, i sensed a very different mood. I really hope mourinho is throlling everyone in pre-season. 3-0 to man utd? If they managed to nick it 1-0, i gladly take that.

:s13:

JM is always talking the opposite, one does not know when he is telling the truth

i hope Sanchez is playing up front, scored a few during pre season in that position

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.manutd.com/en/news/deta...emier-league-squad-numbers-for-2018-19-season

Manchester United have confirmed the squad numbers for the 2018/19 Premier League season, including those for our summer signings and switches for two existing first-team members.

Defensive acquisition Diogo Dalot takes the no.20 shirt, meaning Sergio Romero moves to no.22. His fellow goalkeeper Lee Grant will wear no.13.

Marcos Rojo has moved from no.5 to no.16, while squad numbers have also been allocated to four of the youngsters who were part of United’s pre-season tour of the USA.

Tahith Chong takes no.44, Joshua Bohui is no.46, Angel Gomes retains the no.47 shirt he has worn in his two senior appearances so far and Ethan Hamilton will wear no.48.

Two of our Reserves goalkeepers, Kieran O’Hara and Matej Kovar, have been given no.45 and no.51 respectively.

Last edited:

apeape

Reaction score
wow, Jose was really intent in adding a centre back that he changed Rojo's number. Much like the situation with Martial's number. Very professional ah he

Last edited:

sCuzzZy

Reaction score
OFFICIAL UNITED'S 2018/19 PREMIER LEAGUE SQUAD NUMBERS

1. David De Gea
2. Victor Lindelof
3. Eric Bailly
4. Phil Jones
6. Paul Pogba
7. Alexis Sanchez
8. Juan Mata
9. Romelu Lukaku
10. Marcus Rashford
11. Anthony Martial
12. Chris Smalling
13. Lee Grant
14. Jesse Lingard
15. Andreas Pereira
16. Marcos Rojo
17. Fred
18. Ashley Young
20. Diogo Dalot
21. Ander Herrera
22. Sergio Romero
23. Luke Shaw
24. Tim Fosu-Mensah
25. Antonio Valencia
27. Marouane Fellaini
31. Nemanja Matic
38. Axel Tuanzebe
39. Scott McTominay
40. Joel Pereira
44. Tahith Chong
45. Kieran O'Hara
46. Joshua Bohui
47. Angel Gomes
48. Ethan Hamilton
51. Matej Kovar

Someone's missing.. Hello Matteo?

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looking at some of the players.

Last season signings Lindelof & Sanchez didn't play well. This season they may improve & play better.

Fellaini signed a new contract. He didn't leave on a free transfer so this will save Man Utd from spending millions on signing a new midfielder.

If you add Andreas Pereira & Fred that is 2 new midfielders. Both are young & hopefully they will be full of energy when they play.

Greysky

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Last season signings Lindelof & Sanchez didn't play well. This season they may improve & play better.

Fellaini signed a new contract. He didn't leave on a free transfer so this will save Man Utd from spending millions on signing a new midfielder.

If you add Andreas Pereira & Fred that is 2 new midfielders. Both are young & hopefully they will be full of energy when they play.

thought lindelof improved a lot in the 2nd half.

chyehock

Master Member
Reaction score
Exactly, we are actually stronger then last year. I predict we can stay at 2nd place if we are lucky even become champion.

TOKARA

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Exactly, we are actually stronger then last year. I predict we can stay at 2nd place if we are lucky even become champion.

we r stronger than last year agst last year teams. if compare agst chelsea liverpool city arsenal this season, i am not so sure.

vitaminc1231

Master Member
Reaction score
Gary Neville can see why Jose Mourinho is unhappy about Mancheser United's lack of transfer activity this summer.

“I don’t think the centre-back pairings are good enough so I do think Jose is right,” Neville said at the launch of Cadbury’s Premier League partnership.

“They need a strong centre-back pairing. I think they have capable defenders but I’m not sure there is a great pair there.

“That’s always a problem. ‘Who’s the back four?’ I don’t know. They have signed a good right-back (Diogo Dalot) but he’s not quite fit yet.

“They did need one or two centre-backs and that worries me in terms of them winning the league. But I do think they have a great squad still but they are one or two centre-backs short.”

“There is definitely tension there that you can sense between the board and Jose,” added neville.

“He doesn’t feel that he is being supported and the board probably feel as though the signings he wants aren’t quite right. There is definitely that tension.

Losing at home to Leicester would heap further pressure on Mourinho and, having been in a similar position as a player, Neville stressed the importance of United getting off to a positive start.

“You can’t speak negatively about a team that is winning, so the ultimate thing is that they win and they win well,” he added.

“If the game goes against Manchester United, they lose 3-0 at home and the centre-backs make mistakes... I’ll be on television straight after, what am I going to say?

“World War Three is going to break out if that happens.”

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
_HB_7957.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.