November 2017 SBF

Erinlmh

Reaction score
My office have small seminar to talk about importance of Will every Wed & Thurs, i found it usefull for everyone, really those horror story about people never done their Will properly happens =(

Hi 120Agi, thank you for the invitation. Our issue is because the flat belongs to my grandpa and eventually passed down to my uncle. High court needs to verify documents to prove that both grandpa and grandma passed away, and grandma does have any death cert... That's why it's a complicated case. For direct will (parents to children, etc) will be more straight forward. Unless we want to specifically indicate different % of share we want to pass to which child. It's always good to prepare ahead to feel at ease

LynR52

Reaction score
After the super long wait...... My Grant finally approved!!!!:s12::s12:
The next thing for me is to go and make the 10% down payment. No key collection yet cos flat still building. Next move is to quickly sell my current house :s13::s13:

Omg congrats! Mine still the same. I think im the last one already lah. Still no news of grant.

Erinlmh

Reaction score
Omg congrats! Mine still the same. I think im the last one already lah. Still no news of grant.

Coming coming..... maybe because of your pending appeal, that's why it delays your grant approval. Just like mine when I appealed for flooring, it took many weeks too. After they closed my case, then grant approved.

zidmosby

Reaction score
Hi all,

Got notification to collect my keys 4 September. I selected my house 5 July, grant approval on 6 August. CRM called me to ask on marriage cert status on 6 July and submitted appeal the same day. GOt the SMS today, 10 August.

My CRM really huat :s13:

PS: I tried to change my appointment date but I cannot. There was a small disclaimer stating "We regret that your appointment cannot be changed as it has been specially arranged for you".

Last edited:

zidmosby

Reaction score
Is the refund of option fee an immediate thing or we have to wait for bank's accounting period?

10 working days from what I heard. But I think subjective to HDB process and then bank process (typically 2 working days for bank's end).

hashbrownz

Reaction score
Finally received the the 6 weeks AHG letter that my grant is processing.
Selected my flat since 24th May, till now still awaiting for grant outcome & key collection!!

Mine takes really long. But at least finally I received the letter alr, meaning I do not have to submit any documents for my grant anymore.

How long does this usually take for the grant to be out after receiving this letter? :)

One step nearer to key collection 🙀 feeling excited

LynR52

Reaction score
Coming coming..... maybe because of your pending appeal, that's why it delays your grant approval. Just like mine when I appealed for flooring, it took many weeks too. After they closed my case, then grant approved.

I need to get grant approval first then only my crm cn calculate my housing budget n give approval to my appeal. But the grant approval for 1 person takes sooooo long. Haiyah. Dun think i cn make it in time for my son school 10th sept.

heybuddy

Reaction score
Selected my flat since 24th May, till now still awaiting for grant outcome & key collection!!

Mine takes really long. But at least finally I received the letter alr, meaning I do not have to submit any documents for my grant anymore.

How long does this usually take for the grant to be out after receiving this letter? :)

mine took about 2 weeks.. :s12:

Amex^1234

Reaction score
The next thing for me is to go and make the 10% down payment. No key collection yet cos flat still building. Next move is to quickly sell my current house :s13::s13:

Not taking reno loan ah? My ID kinda steady one.. already started hacking, run wiring etc even before i giv him 10%..he say cos i taking reno loan.. no worry i run... LOL:s13:

LynR52

Reaction score

Select flat 4th june. Received 6 week letter 18th july. To date still havent got grant approval. But i think most ppl here received grant approval within a wk?.

Erinlmh

Reaction score

My hardcopy letter dated on 02.08.2018 and grant approval online on 10.08.2018

Jenessa

Reaction score

I think I am the last :'c
Selection on 6 June but till now the status is still " You have not submitted any AHG/SHG application "

Call twice and she say they receive alr. Quite pissed

Amex^1234

Reaction score

Selection on 6 June but till now the status is still " You have not submitted any AHG/SHG application "

wa 2mths+ liao still "not submitted" status..is it because they need more documents? too long lei... next sbf already starting soon lo

LynR52

Reaction score

But they told u they received it already? Mine is 'Thank you for your AHG/SHG applications. Bla bla bla'. I select unit 4th june...few days after tht status change to tht liao but until now remains the same lol. Btw which area did u applied for?

bockscar

Reaction score
Hi all,

Got notification to collect my keys 4 September. I selected my house 5 July, grant approval on 6 August. CRM called me to ask on marriage cert status on 6 July and submitted appeal the same day. GOt the SMS today, 10 August.

My CRM really huat :s13:

PS: I tried to change my appointment date but I cannot. There was a small disclaimer stating "We regret that your appointment cannot be changed as it has been specially arranged for you".

hey, out of curiosity – is the appeal you submitted something to do with deferment of marriage cert? i.e., request to collect keys first (as fiance/fiancee) and get married later on then submit the marriage cert?

zidmosby

Reaction score
hey, out of curiosity – is the appeal you submitted something to do with deferment of marriage cert? i.e., request to collect keys first (as fiance/fiancee) and get married later on then submit the marriage cert?

Yup that's correct. My wedding is in February and the house is ready now. So need to appeal to submit the marriage certificate but we can collect keys now to do the renovation.

zidmosby

Reaction score
I know right. 1.8k too much. It's like, why do I need to spend so much on flooring since there is only 2 people living in the flat😂😂 1k for 4room fair enough. Any idea if you can recall any direct contractors who can do cement screeding? I've checked with my ID, but third party price still too steep lor.

I emailed to Semb Branch yesterday. Hoping to get an approval.

Did you fill up any form for the cement screeding appeal? Or just send them a generic email requesting to appeal?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.