Is this expensive?

blanklife

Reaction score
Hi all i want to ask if this expensive vs if i repair in singapore?

I just changed
1. Brake Disc RM660
2. Brake Pad (Front) RM460
3. Fan belt RM170
4. Air Con Compressor RM1480
5. Gas for Aircon RM 100

Car in question is a Volkswagen Golf

url]

Last edited:

Harri83

Master Member
Reaction score

I just changed
1. Brake Disc RM660
3. Fan belt RM170
5. Gas for Aircon RM 100

url]

All using original part ?
The air con compressor is recon or new one ?
I feel that is chop carrot price if done it in Malaysia.
Who intro you the workshop ?

blanklife

Reaction score

Oh all using original parts
The compressor is new one
My friend intro me this workshop. Are the prices too expensive?

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh all using original parts
The compressor is new one
My friend intro me this workshop. Are the prices too expensive?

This is reasonable. Conti ride, conti price. Did you managed to get a price quote from any SG workshop?

You may want to look up this thread.
For Mechanical Repairs/ change/ Servicing, LCH Brothers quite popular. If you want specific workshop that deal with conti rides, you need to go back a few more pages as there is one list done by fellow bro there.
For air con repairs, Fuji Air con quite frequently mentioned too.

You gonna get hold of that list done by the bro there inside this thread.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/cars-cars-204/recommendation-reliable-workshops-jb-3637194.html

Last edited:

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Have you got SG workshop that deals with conti rides and offers original parts and at lowered price compared to those quoted in JB?
Please share.

Personally, yes only for the air con top up gas service. SG can get at $20 per top gas only.

snipfer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
RM100 for gas top up is chop carrot price

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 2 using GAGT

blanklife

Reaction score
This is reasonable. Conti ride, conti price. Did you managed to get a price quote from any SG workshop?

You may want to look up this thread.
For Mechanical Repairs/ change/ Servicing, LCH Brothers quite popular. If you want specific workshop that deal with conti rides, you need to go back a few more pages as there is one list done by fellow bro there.
For air con repairs, Fuji Air con quite frequently mentioned too.

You gonna get hold of that list done by the bro there inside this thread.

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/cars-cars-204/recommendation-reliable-workshops-jb-3637194.html

thanks for the link!

blanklife

Reaction score
Have you got SG workshop that deals with conti rides and offers original parts and at lowered price compared to those quoted in JB?
Please share.

Personally, yes only for the air con top up gas service. SG can get at $20 per top gas only.

Actually how i found this workshop is through a friend and he managed to solve my car problems whereas the SG workshops i went to cannot.

I am getting a call back from volkswagen and see how much is the price on their side

Alphas

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How many yr old car got so many things to replace? My 13 yr car compressor still running strong.

myviowner

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually how i found this workshop is through a friend and he managed to solve my car problems whereas the SG workshops i went to cannot.

I am getting a call back from volkswagen and see how much is the price on their side

Great all is solved. Call back from VW? Meaning the AD? Then you will be SHOCKED by the quotation. For sure....

TopGun

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Don't look at item by item but look at the overall price instead. You pay 40rm more for this item but pay 200rm less for another. All in, if the price is reasonable, go for it.

Assuming all original parts, brake pad, disc and the compressor price is competitive.

AL5509

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Hhmmmm mind sharing the workshop?

And how much do they charge on the basic stuffs? Eg Engine Oil/fliter change? ATF Change, etc etc etc
From there it may be a 'good enough' gauge to know if their basic pricing is higher than workshops around?

But again does this workshops specalised on VW? Given so, to me personally sometime paying a bit more is fine as long they can solved the problems?

andyhtc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I just changed
1. Brake Disc RM660
3. Fan belt RM170
5. Gas for Aircon RM 100

url]

Expensive by JB standard.

blanklife

Reaction score
Great all is solved. Call back from VW? Meaning the AD? Then you will be SHOCKED by the quotation. For sure....

Oh i got the price already, all with labor and GST

Aircon Compressor $2988
Brake Disc + brake pad $880
Fan belt $220

Very powderful

blanklife

Reaction score
Don't look at item by item but look at the overall price instead. You pay 40rm more for this item but pay 200rm less for another. All in, if the price is reasonable, go for it.

Assuming all original parts, brake pad, disc and the compressor price is competitive.

Exactly. All original parts and this workshop solved all my problems when SG workshops cant and i went to at least 3

blanklife

Reaction score
Hhmmmm mind sharing the workshop?

And how much do they charge on the basic stuffs? Eg Engine Oil/fliter change? ATF Change, etc etc etc
From there it may be a 'good enough' gauge to know if their basic pricing is higher than workshops around?

But again does this workshops specalised on VW? Given so, to me personally sometime paying a bit more is fine as long they can solved the problems?

Oh their location is: 24,Jalan Bakawali 38,Taman Johor Jaya,81100 Johor. Its has a big liqud moly signboard

The owner used to work at Volkswagen SG and he is the mechanic there

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.