The Sneakers/Shoe Thread - Part 2

chromehead

Banned
Reaction score
no real point collecting based on hype since the price always rabak for the early adopters who can only get from resellers

these shoes keep in collection 4~5 years later if midsole never detach the hard plastic hardware also will start to go brittle and break off

life's short, wear and be happy lol

trickle_on

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Picked up the Saucony Freedom ISO to try out since the price was quite good. It is a similar shoe to the Kinvara in that it has a 4mm drop from heel to toe.

And it’s the first Saucony shoe to feature a full Everun midsole. Everun is similar to Boost, but is said to be more responsive as it is firmer.

57563_CBC-_D451-4_FD7-_A103-95_B8_F393_E6_BD.jpg

chromehead

Banned
Reaction score
Altra's "Altra Ego" foam also is TPU like everun, boost. it is on their Escalante and one other... Escalante is quite "athleisure" looking running shoe

Escalante Racer is the firmer, lighter version with a structured open mesh upper instead of the stretchy sock upper on the usual Escalante.. released as a 'LE' with various marathon themes

freedom iso outsole should be quite durable too

SyraLeo

Master Member
Reaction score
Do you guys have a problem of your shoes becoming "wider" ? I got wide feet but even when I buy wider shoes, after a few wears the sides bulge out, and it looks damn ugly.

How do you all combat this? or is this just the way it is.

edit: my sports shoes don't have this problem though.

No.1AHOLE

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you guys have a problem of your shoes becoming "wider" ? I got wide feet but even when I buy wider shoes, after a few wears the sides bulge out, and it looks damn ugly.

What brand and model of the shoes ?

Kavairs

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Picked up the Saucony Freedom ISO to try out since the price was quite good. It is a similar shoe to the Kinvara in that it has a 4mm drop from heel to toe.

And it’s the first Saucony shoe to feature a full Everun midsole. Everun is similar to Boost, but is said to be more responsive as it is firmer.

57563_CBC-_D451-4_FD7-_A103-95_B8_F393_E6_BD.jpg

To be a good running shoe, it has to firmer than UB's boost.

UB's boost is so soft that it hardly provides support, it gives more sinking feel while running.

Kinvara is my ideal running shoes, using it since kinvara 6 and nvr look bck. Nike zoomfly & pegasus turbo are something I am trying atm, still getting used to it.

no one buy alphabounces?

Got ppl buy, juz not hype like boost. Its a good running shoes, firmer. Personally, I think alphabounche are better for long distance & multiple days wearing when u cant rotate your shoes.

My personal opinion - Ultraboost tends to bottom out at the end of a day's wear. The next day, it wont feel as plush. Muz give it time to recover. Rotate every day.

Kavairs

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

May I know what shoes u have the bulge problem? How about upsizing 0.5/1 sizes for ur wide feet?

There isnt any way to combat wide feet. Onli to upsize for comfort, removing insole, choosing wide cut design?

SGRevolution

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
jzK2WkVl.jpg

7kxg6E6l.jpg

Decathalon shoes look decent lol
Looks like NB fresh foam cruz

Sent from Samsung SM-G930F using GAGT

BarbieDog

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wanna get EQT SUPPORT 93/17 on end clothing. anybody wanna share shipping? my shoe is SGD 125 only. pm me if you interested.

trickle_on

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I agree on UB being too soft. For me, it almost feels like I am going to roll my ankle sometimes. Great lifestyle shoes but not a running shoe for me.

The Kinvara on the other hand is pretty perfect for me. I have yet to get a blister from wearing a new pair of Kinvara. The hotspots go away after a while once the shoe has been worn a couple of times.

And after going for a first run in the Freedom ISO, I can say it’s pretty much the same as the Kinvara with the exception of being slightly heavier and a little more bouncier.

To be a good running shoe, it has to firmer than UB's boost.

UB's boost is so soft that it hardly provides support, it gives more sinking feel while running.

Kinvara is my ideal running shoes, using it since kinvara 6 and nvr look bck. Nike zoomfly & pegasus turbo are something I am trying atm, still getting used to it.

Got ppl buy, juz not hype like boost. Its a good running shoes, firmer. Personally, I think alphabounche are better for long distance & multiple days wearing when u cant rotate your shoes.

My personal opinion - Ultraboost tends to bottom out at the end of a day's wear. The next day, it wont feel as plush. Muz give it time to recover. Rotate every day.

trickle_on

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have wide feet too and the bulging happens on all my office shoes. I’ve accepted it as the norm.

mp4005 help

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone knows how i can order from adidas USA website to ship via vpost?

Somehow it keeps entering the payment loop and i am unable to order.

Cause now ADIDAS US is having a 20% discount with ADIBTS code.

Kavairs

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone knows how i can order from adidas USA website to ship via vpost?

Somehow it keeps entering the payment loop and i am unable to order.

Cause now ADIDAS US is having a 20% discount with ADIBTS code.

Hah Sadly Adidas US dont ship to freight forwarder. U can make payment wif our local cc but address wont pass thru.

Onli way is to buy and ship to an US address (Friends staying in US). Or use buyforme service from cgw and pray addias dont cancel ur cgw buyforme order (It happened to me, CGW told me Adidas think I am a reseller & canceled my order)

SGRevolution

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah knn my bro just bought a jordan
Already have so many nike flyknit racers still buy
Think he spent at least 1k and he still in poly

Dvoiddeckbench

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah knn my bro just bought a jordan
Already have so many nike flyknit racers still buy
Think he spent at least 1k and he still in poly
Nowadays with all the hype can really make teenagers spend loads of money. End up all nv wear and don't bear to sell at lower price. If he use his own part time money then is okay. If he ask your parents for money to buy then its time you all sit down and educate him.

Luckily 10 years back don't have this kind of hype that brainwash me and my peers to spend these kind of money. Those years I'm just interested in raw denim jeans. Haha!

Sent from 擊敗蟲國人! using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.