Nintendo Switch thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

R4Y8URN

Reaction score
They mentioned they tested out with firmware 5.They stated quite detail specs in kickstarter page. May be u can take a look.

Look really nice and compact, and also can be a DEX. But afraid that now support f.w 5 but when got new update then boom...brick.

JAson1980

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone backing jumpgate? It's from skull&co. Looks promising for portable dock.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1274541538/jumpgate-a-versatile-dock-for-switch-and-smart-dev

The cause of the bricking issue:

• Some say “the Nintendo Switch and Dock are chock full of USB-C protocol errors and flaws.”But we have a different opinion. The USB-C protocol (PD protocol) has to be amended in order to prevent the system being hacked and meet Nintendo’s prospects in the future.
  • If what Nintendo said about the SWITCH only being compatible with licensed accessories was true, Nintendo should have designed a unique (different shape) socket instead of installing a universal USB-C port, or put warning stickers on the SWITCH and dock. They should have known that people (especially kids) would plug any number of devices into the SWITCH’s USB-C port.
  • We believe Nintendo’s engineers conducted compatibility tests with thousands of existing USB-C devices (adaptors, battery banks, hubs, etc) during the testing procedure. However, Nintendo underestimated the potential risks since there are many products made by small companies that do not follow the USB-C (PD) protocols. Nintendo did not give SWITCH proper protection. This is the reason why the SWITCH can be bricked by certain accessories but smart phones and laptops survived.
  • As long as the protocols in the accessories are in accordance with the PD protocol standards they should work perfectly with the Nintendo SWITCH. The NYCO dock had PD protocol errors; it drew too much power to the SWITCH and damaged the power management component.
All these are their guess? What about future firmware updates? frankly speaking , I rather bring the original dock out if i want to play on TV outside my house. The uncertainty is too risky for me at the moment.

Last edited:

Ralphel

Master Member
Reaction score
How much u know ???

go shopee search lo
juz a few click
u so lazy meh

moi bot <$70 after coupons n all

PmTaua6.png

Kyubi

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How to buy from jap eshop? By cc or PayPal? The game will be in eng? Does it require to download the game into the console?

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
My switch is spoilt :(

On national day morning i played octopath for awhile. After that i turned if off and went out with family. Ard 8pm when i reach home, i found my switch extremely hot. It cannot be turned on.

Then ard 1am i tried to turn on, saw the Nintendo logo for 1 second. Immediately it showed the battery weak symbol:

I charged for 2-3 hours. Also no use. Now totally cannot charge and whenever i turn on it will show the battery weak symbol

mohaha

Reaction score

On national day morning i played octopath for awhile. After that i turned if off and went out with family. Ard 8pm when i reach home, i found my switch extremely hot. It cannot be turned on.

Then ard 1am i tried to turn on, saw the Nintendo logo for 1 second. Immediately it showed the battery weak symbol:

I charged for 2-3 hours. Also no use. Now totally cannot charge and whenever i turn on it will show the battery weak symbol

Did you use the original power adaptor to charge?

Elysium87

Reaction score

doesn't look like original charger

JAson1980

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Battery totally flat, just leave it charging until it comes alive again. It will come back one longest i took was about 5 hours.

oz_yuber

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Force shut down then charge it up. Charging in this state will bring you to nowhere.....

halocast

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Use the original charger and wire.

Try if it works.

Jevil00

Reaction score
Im considering getting a Switch for Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate. Anyone knows the best place/price to buy from?

R4Y8URN

Reaction score
Hi all
Can share ur experience with the wireless controller?

NS original Pro controller or 3rd party wireless controller?

Pros with pro controller:
Nfc amiibo compatible, good connection, high quality.

Cons: price is 3x the 3rd party.

ac3knight

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Sounds like autoRCM problem. Is your firmware modded?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.