Xiaomi Mi 8 - Celebrating Xiaomi's 8th anniversary!

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dunno when explorer version will be out locally

Sent from HUAWEI NEO-L29 using GAGT

Shadowz1984

Reaction score
Techbox=Boom=JTBC. Someone bought Mi 8 SE and it came with fake EU ROM. You can buy, but ask for box to be sealed

Sealed or not sealed doesn't make a difference. The EU rom is not fake. It is just like other custom rom, eg lineage, ASOP extended, just that it is based on MIUI. The issue of not able to use bank apps is because of the phone's bootloader is unlocked.

Shadowz1984

Reaction score
wow thanks for the quick heads up. fake EU ROM? so whats the next move, re-flash a global ROM? do i need to wait for the 360hrs thing before able to do so?

Re-flash rom wouldn't solve the issue as it is due to the unlocked bootloader.

l.o.c.o

Reaction score
thanks for the replies. so best is pay the higher price to get the global version since the bootloader will be locked by default with global ROM?

garychengjw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Techbox=Boom=JTBC. Someone bought Mi 8 SE and it came with fake EU ROM. You can buy, but ask for box to be sealed

thats me , mi 8 se :s22:
good news is that the bootloader is unlocked liao. so i flashed back china rom. :s13:

edmund_gan

Reaction score
thanks for the replies. so best is pay the higher price to get the global version since the bootloader will be locked by default with global ROM?
In my opinion....yes...better buy local bser.. but need to pay a premium of $50 to $100 for that(let's see when local set is launched....)

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A6003 using GAGT

blizzard88

Reaction score
Unfortunately, xiaomi decide to change it's policy against china and global set. China set can flash to global rom, but can't lock bootloader. You can't use google pay, and in posb app cannot use fingerprint to login.

I flashed it with global rom and magisk and to pass safetynet test.

ngbc

Master Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, xiaomi decide to change it's policy against china and global set. China set can flash to global rom, but can't lock bootloader. You can't use google pay, and in posb app cannot use fingerprint to login.

I flashed it with global rom and magisk and to pass safetynet test.

So does google pay and posb app using fingerprint work after flashing magisk? Did you root it too ?

blizzard88

Reaction score
So does google pay and posb app using fingerprint work after flashing magisk? Did you root it too ?

Yup, working fine with gpay, posb and samsung pay on gear s3. By default, magisk is rooted. You can hide magisk and root from those apps. Google playstore is also certified to download netflix, pokemon etc

Hailgod

Master Member
Reaction score
64/6gb on xiaomi malaysia for 1600 RM.

128 announcement soon.

38841996_986623591541735_8791027980160729088_n.jpg

Last edited:

foozgarden

Master Member
Reaction score
which is their flagship?
MM2S or MI8?
hows the comparision between both?

both use SD845.. better than SS s9

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.