HTC U12 - Imagine

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hahaha. More from an angle of value conversation. Export set value will drop once local equivalent came in. Partially why I hoot the solar red and not blue was to hedge that local sets will come in blue and black but not red. Also I hooted the 128g version so to make it even more exclusive and less likely to have a local equivalent. Like that can hopefully conserve the price better when resell :s13:

technically it isn't a problem since we will be covered under international warranty right?

bluedubsBB

Reaction score
Hahaha. More from an angle of value conversation. Export set value will drop once local equivalent came in. Partially why I hoot the solar red and not blue was to hedge that local sets will come in blue and black but not red. Also I hooted the 128g version so to make it even more exclusive and less likely to have a local equivalent. Like that can hopefully conserve the price better when resell :s13:

Yah, 64 & 128gb price difference seems small in Twn.

newgs01

Reaction score
Personally I feel it's better to get the TW set. My TW HTC10 has been getting updates. My local U11 hardly any updates. My HK U11+ updates are way slower than the TW set. Still contemplating whether to get the U12+. But if I do, very likely will go for the TW set.

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah. This for sure. Once I got my u12+, switch on immediately got the update to fix the issues with the buttons

Personally I feel it's better to get the TW set. My TW HTC10 has been getting updates. My local U11 hardly any updates. My HK U11+ updates are way slower than the TW set. Still contemplating whether to get the U12+. But if I do, very likely will go for the TW set.

durianpancakes

Reaction score
Logical thinking! Haha. I didn't even think that far.

macdawn

Reaction score
If Telco is going to take so long to get the U12+, I might as well get it when I am in Taiwan.. I can even hoot the Mayday edition... hahahah:s12:

bluedubsBB

Reaction score
If Telco is going to take so long to get the U12+, I might as well get it when I am in Taiwan.. I can even hoot the Mayday edition... hahahah:s12:

Got my friend to check, 128GB is now NT23,900 in the shops. Good time to buy :)

macdawn

Reaction score
Got my friend to check, 128GB is now NT23,900 in the shops. Good time to buy :)

Does your friend have any idea if the shops are selling the Mayday limited edition version? I checked on their website and they only showed the 64GB version.

I am conflicted. I prefer the blue colour one, but the Mayday version is black. But I like Mayday.... Choice, choices!

bluedubsBB

Reaction score
Does your friend have any idea if the shops are selling the Mayday limited edition version? I checked on their website and they only showed the 64GB version.

I am conflicted. I prefer the blue colour one, but the Mayday version is black. But I like Mayday.... Choice, choices!

Mayday one might only be on HTC website only.

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Unless a fan of both,why would someone flip this to make $$?? Hmm....

64gb storage phones should be banned. Hardly anything today. Sometimes I don't understand why manufacturer's don't move with times. At least they have 128gb option too. Look at Sony. Even the new XZ2 Premium comes only in 64gb. They should be hanged.

durianpancakes

Reaction score

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I guess it is still okay considering there is SD card support. 512GB on the Note 9 is awesome though haha.

My only problem is that I travel alot and if I keep my prawns and media on the sdcard, damn leceh to keep removing it.

Yeah 512gb is awesome but I think the Note 9 is too big for me even though I'm a 6 foot giant. I like the size of the U11+ just nice. Looking for the U12+ but seems like it's a farcry coming over here...

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well, it depends on usage always. How much do you travel and how much info u usually put on your phone. SD card sometimes allows u to easily transfer your data when u change phones.

Don't agree completely. Onboard memory has much lower latency than using a seperate SD card. Also, if you travel alot, swapping the 2nd sim card with the SD card is a pain plus you may not be able to run your media while having the 2nd sim in the phone.

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well, it depends on usage always. How much do you travel and how much info u usually put on your phone. SD card sometimes allows u to easily transfer your data when u change phones.

I'm travelling every other week. Have alot of music on Spotify that has to be on the phone. Movies itself takes up a fair bit and the second Sim always active during travelling. If I'm just in Singapore, then it's a no brainer I can definitely use the sdcard despite having a slower random access. But my usage totally inconvenient to use sdcard unless it's a dedicated slot.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.