Desktop DAC/AMP recommendation

zacky1223

Reaction score
Hi guys, I would need your help to advise which of these 2 is better?

IFI AUDIO NANO IDSD LE
Creative E5/G5

Usage: Music (Spotify)
Gaming( Mostly FPS)
Youtube
Movie.

Budget less than $200

Current headset: Massdrop AKG k7xx
G933 Logitech
Sony wh1000XM2

Seth Lee

Reaction score

IFI AUDIO NANO IDSD LE
Creative E5/G5

Gaming( Mostly FPS)
Youtube
Movie.

Budget less than $200

G933 Logitech
Sony wh1000XM2

K7XX with these DACs :eek:

John010

Reaction score

IFI AUDIO NANO IDSD LE
Creative E5/G5

Gaming( Mostly FPS)
Youtube
Movie.

Budget less than $200

G933 Logitech
Sony wh1000XM2

The ifi is a great option, I have a few of their products and they never disappoint. Plus you can make use of the return policy from Stereo and test the unit at home and see if they are up to your expectation.

dumboi2

Reaction score
Second iFi. Own the original Nano iDSD and Micro iDSD. Got a number of firmware updates over the years that added new features like MQA support.

zacky1223

Reaction score
Second iFi. Own the original Nano iDSD and Micro iDSD. Got a number of firmware updates over the years that added new features like MQA support.

The ifi is a great option, I have a few of their products and they never disappoint. Plus you can make use of the return policy from Stereo and test the unit at home and see if they are up to your expectation.

Hi guys, thanks for the help. :) Yst when I went down to Stereo Westgate the guy told me the LE version is outdated as in the build. I havent tried yet as the device is low batt. I dont really understand what he is meant as I am still new to this. He recommended me the black label version which is $100 more. I feel the sound quality of the black label is very good but probably i should go other outlet to try the LE version before deciding. :)

John010

Reaction score
Hi guys, thanks for the help. :) Yst when I went down to Stereo Westgate the guy told me the LE version is outdated as in the build. I havent tried yet as the device is low batt. I dont really understand what he is meant as I am still new to this. He recommended me the black label version which is $100 more. I feel the sound quality of the black label is very good but probably i should go other outlet to try the LE version before deciding. :)

iFi's black label is usually better than the normal version and like the Micro iDSD BL I have, it's audibly better than the standard Micro iDSD. I don't think the nano iDSD LE is outdated but perhaps specs wise not as IMBA as the BL.

zacky1223

Reaction score
No I don't need portability. Just for desktop use only. I will try the LE when I have time

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.