Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackieatbtu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is some highway bus + shibazakura combo ticket that can be purchase in advance. But I think tt is for traveling from shinjuku. Not sure if there is such tickets from Kawaguchiko.

Highway bus tickets itself can be bought online, so at least get tt one, since seats are limited. Park tickets at most just queue loh

Sent from Sony G8342 using GAGT

Yes, I plan to get the Shirakawago bus tickets, Kofu to Kawaguchiko and Kawaguchiko to Shinjuku/Tokyo Station. At least book online and reserve first. The combo that I read about is the bus from kawaguchiko station to the park return ticket and park entrance ticket, which is bought on the day itself.
By the way, I posted my full itinerary at the itinerary thread. :o

Chys

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Dimitri, I will be bringing my family of 7 (MIL, wife, myself and 4 below 12yo kids) to Japan this Nov.

As a first timer, appreciate your kind advice on my draft itinerary and th e options for transport.

Thanks in advance!

Date Prefecture
Attractions Hotel

19-Nov SG->HND
Depart from SIN, arrival at HND at 20Nov 06:55

20-Nov Osaka
1. HND to Osaka 2. Osaka Castle 3. Shinsaibashi Shopping Arcade (besides Dotonbori), Dotonbori, Hozenji Temple??? Candeo Hotels Osaka Namba

21-Nov Osaka
Osaka USS Candeo Hotels Osaka Namba

22-Nov Osaka
Tempozan Ferris Wheel Mt. Tempozan Osaka Aquarium: Kaiyukan Candeo Hotels Osaka Namba

23-Nov Kyoto
Arashiyama, Tenryu-ji Temple, Bamboo forest & Iwatayama Monkey Park 2. Take photo in kimono??? Candeo Hotels Osaka Namba

24-Nov Nara
Nara Park Todai-ji Temple Candeo Hotels Osaka Namba

25-Nov Osaka/Tokyo
1. Sumiyoshi Taisha (住吉大社) 2. Bullet Train back to Tokyo KEIKYU EX INN Shinagawa-Station -Tokyo Shinagawa

26-Nov Tokyo
1. Sensōji (浅草寺) 2. Nakamise (仲見世) 3. Tokyo Tower KEIKYU EX INN Shinagawa-Station -Tokyo Shinagawa

27-Nov Tokyo
Disneyland Hilton Tokyo Bay

28-Nov Tokyo
DisneySea Hilton Tokyo Bay

29-Nov Tokyo
Disney Land/Sea KEIKYU EX INN Shinagawa-Station -Tokyo Shinagawa

30-Nov Tokyo
1. Nissin Cup Noodle Museum, Shinyokohama Ramen Museum (maybe) 2. Ekibenya, Tokyo Character Street, Pokemon Store KEIKYU EX INN Shinagawa-Station -Tokyo Shinagawa

1-Dec Tokyo
1. Ghibli Museum KEIKYU EX INN Shinagawa-Station -Tokyo Shinagawa

2-Dec Tokyo
1. F&E 2. Depart for HND airport by 21:00 KEIKYU EX INN Shinagawa-Station -Tokyo Shinagawa

3-Dec Tokyo
SG

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it worth trying out omakase in tokyo? But its quite ex and hard to even get a slot there.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Omakase just means the chef will decide. Got many kind of omakase, Yakitori omakase, Tempura Omakase, Kaiseki omakase etc.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omakase

I think what you are after is Kaiseki
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaiseki

Huge range of prices

I have seen some youtube vids on this and even joined their FB for more info. Saw some at 140k yen +/- and offer 10+ varieties of sushi, depending on season. But was wondering if my tastebuds can taste the diff. lol.

snap99

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Dimitri, I will be bringing my family of 7 (MIL, wife, myself and 4 below 12yo kids) to Japan this Nov.

As a first timer, appreciate your kind advice on my draft itinerary and th e options for transport.

Thanks in advance!

Date Prefecture
Attractions Hotel

19-Nov SG->HND

20-Nov Osaka
1. HND to Osaka 2. Osaka Castle 3. Shinsaibashi Shopping Arcade (besides Dotonbori), Dotonbori, Hozenji Temple??? Candeo Hotels Osaka Namba

21-Nov Osaka

22-Nov Osaka
Tempozan Ferris Wheel Mt. Tempozan Osaka Aquarium: Kaiyukan Candeo Hotels Osaka Namba

23-Nov Kyoto
Arashiyama, Tenryu-ji Temple, Bamboo forest & Iwatayama Monkey Park 2. Take photo in kimono??? Candeo Hotels Osaka Namba

24-Nov Nara

25-Nov Osaka/Tokyo
1. Sumiyoshi Taisha (住吉大社) 2. Bullet Train back to Tokyo KEIKYU EX INN Shinagawa-Station -Tokyo Shinagawa

26-Nov Tokyo
1. Sensōji (浅草寺) 2. Nakamise (仲見世) 3. Tokyo Tower KEIKYU EX INN Shinagawa-Station -Tokyo Shinagawa

27-Nov Tokyo

28-Nov Tokyo

29-Nov Tokyo

30-Nov Tokyo
1. Nissin Cup Noodle Museum, Shinyokohama Ramen Museum (maybe) 2. Ekibenya, Tokyo Character Street, Pokemon Store KEIKYU EX INN Shinagawa-Station -Tokyo Shinagawa

1-Dec Tokyo

2-Dec Tokyo
1. F&E 2. Depart for HND airport by 21:00 KEIKYU EX INN Shinagawa-Station -Tokyo Shinagawa

3-Dec Tokyo
SG

Hope you are already getting railpass.
Is there a reason why you are not flying into Osaka and out from tokyo (rather than take the trains with kids and plenty of luggage).
Your Kyoto duration is too short IMO. Of course with kids they might get bored quickly with temples.
Why not do sky tree instead of Tokyo tower ? It’s nearby sensoji and it has a large mall where you can do shopping or eating.
In Tokyo suggest to visit the large toy stores ? There is one in omotesando. How about the Science museum in ueno - it’s really kid friendly.

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thanks in advance!

Date Prefecture
Attractions Hotel

19-Nov SG->HND

20-Nov Osaka

21-Nov Osaka

22-Nov Osaka

23-Nov Kyoto

24-Nov Nara

25-Nov Osaka/Tokyo

26-Nov Tokyo

27-Nov Tokyo

28-Nov Tokyo

29-Nov Tokyo

30-Nov Tokyo

1-Dec Tokyo

2-Dec Tokyo

3-Dec Tokyo
SG

note : radical suggestion

Remove Osaka, Nara, Kyoto and Studio Ghibli.
Travelling with 4 kids before 12 and a elder you need to really make it more relaxing. Shinkansen or fly to Osaka and then moving hotels like this as a DIY trip will tire out the participants before they get to the fun bits. This itinerary is a package tour imo.

Instead, you can go visit places like Odaiba, Akihabara, skip Tsukiji if you are worried abt tracking the little ones as the place is a bit messy and crowded.

I would instead recommend going to say Enoshima or a side trip near Tokyo. Doing day trips might be a little challenging given your party makeup.

nemo88

Reaction score
If the kids are below 12 I’m guessing the MIL isn’t all that elderly and may have more stamina than anyone else in the party!

It honestly doesn’t look that bad I think it’s more feasible than many of the itins people post — Studio Ghibli day is only Studio Ghibli, not three other things packed in the same day.

I would give yourself a break on day one - after an overnight flight to HND and i assume a connecting flight to Osaka, skip the castle and just orient yourself around the neighbourhood, find out the nearby shops, have a relaxing meal, take a nap. There are many days of fun ahead. And if you really have the energy, go for the castle. Basically know what item to mark as an optional add on, or ok to miss, depending on how your day progresses. If this is your first trip to Japan it can be confusing and fascinating all at once - getting through a busy station can take a lot longer than expected! I’m not a theme park person so I really can’t comment much as your itin is very oriented towards those attractions.

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
note : radical suggestion

Remove Osaka, Nara, Kyoto and Studio Ghibli.
Travelling with 4 kids before 12 and a elder you need to really make it more relaxing. Shinkansen or fly to Osaka and then moving hotels like this as a DIY trip will tire out the participants before they get to the fun bits. This itinerary is a package tour imo.

Instead, you can go visit places like Odaiba, Akihabara, skip Tsukiji if you are worried abt tracking the little ones as the place is a bit messy and crowded.

I would instead recommend going to say Enoshima or a side trip near Tokyo. Doing day trips might be a little challenging given your party makeup.
15 days with packed itinerary seems tiring.

Chys

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Thanks much for your inputs, there are some revision made to the itinerary. Intention is to get 7Days JR pass as advised by evilerniex in a separate thread to cover the 1st 7 days of the travel and getting a SUICA pass to cover the rest in Tokyo, is this cost effective?

19/11/2018 (MON) SG->Haneda Airport: Depart from SIN, arrival at HND at 20Nov 06:55

20/11/2018 (TUE)
1. Haneda Airport to Osaka
2. Osaka Castle

21/11/2018 (WED)
1. Osaka USJ

22/11/2018 (THU)
1.Fushimi-Inari Taisha Shrine (photo shoot available)
2.Kiyomizu-Zaka Street->Kiyomizu-dera Temple (UNESCO site), evening viewing available"

23/11/2018 (FRI)
1.Tenryu-ji Temple , Arashiyama Bamboo forest
2.Kyoto Railway Museum
3. Shinsaibashi Shopping Arcade (besides Dotonbori), Dotonbori (may split or cover this over a few nights, viable?)

24/11/2018 (SAT)
1. Nara Park
2. Todai-ji Temple
3. Kasuga-taisha Shrine
4. Pokemon Centre Osaka

25/11/2018 (SUN)
1. Sumiyoshi Taisha (住吉大社)
2. Bullet Train back to Tokyo
3. Tokyo Character Street

26/11/2018 (MON)
1. Ghibli Museum

27/11/2018 (TUE)
Disneyland

28/11/2018 (WED)
DisneySea

29/11/2018 (THU)
Disney Land/Sea

30/11/2018 (FRI)
1. Nissin Cup Noodle Museum, Shinyokohama Ramen Museum (Optional)
2. Shinjuku shopping + Metropolitan Government Building

1/12/2018 (SAT)
1. Sensō-ji (浅草寺) -> Nakamise Dori (仲見世)
2. Tokyo Skytree

2/12/2018 (SUN)
1. F&E (Shinjuku??)
2. Depart for Haneda Airport by 21:00

Last edited:

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Thanks much for your inputs, there are some revision made to the itinerary. Intention is to get 7Days JR pass as advised by evilerniex in a separate thread to cover the 1st 7 days of the travel and getting a SUICA pass to cover the rest in Tokyo, is this cost effective?

19/11/2018 (MON) SG->Haneda Airport: Depart from SIN, arrival at HND at 20Nov 06:55

20/11/2018 (TUE)
1. Haneda Airport to Osaka
2. Osaka Castle

21/11/2018 (WED)
1. Osaka USJ

22/11/2018 (THU)
1.Fushimi-Inari Taisha Shrine (photo shoot available)
2.Kiyomizu-Zaka Street->Kiyomizu-dera Temple (UNESCO site), evening viewing available"

23/11/2018 (FRI)
1.Tenryu-ji Temple , Arashiyama Bamboo forest
2.Kyoto Railway Museum
3. Shinsaibashi Shopping Arcade (besides Dotonbori), Dotonbori (may split or cover this over a few nights, viable?)

24/11/2018 (SAT)
1. Nara Park
2. Todai-ji Temple
3. Kasuga-taisha Shrine
4. Pokemon Centre Osaka

25/11/2018 (SUN)
1. Sumiyoshi Taisha (住吉大社)
2. Bullet Train back to Tokyo
3. Tokyo Character Street

26/11/2018 (MON)
1. Ghibli Museum

27/11/2018 (TUE)
Disneyland

28/11/2018 (WED)
DisneySea

29/11/2018 (THU)
Disney Land/Sea

30/11/2018 (FRI)
1. Nissin Cup Noodle Museum, Shinyokohama Ramen Museum (Optional)
2. Shinjuku shopping + Metropolitan Government Building

1/12/2018 (SAT)
1. Sensō-ji (浅草寺) -> Nakamise Dori (仲見世)
2. Tokyo Skytree

2/12/2018 (SUN)
1. F&E (Shinjuku??)
2. Depart for Haneda Airport by 21:00

Your first day will be very tiring so not sure if Osaka castle is doable. Maybe change to a light stroll at Dotonbori and shopping around Namba area? This will free up your Friday to fully focus on Kyoto instead.

Ghibli takes only a few hours, so you can spend the rest of the day exploring Shinjuku, Shibuya, Omotesando, etc. This will leave your Friday open to Yokohama only. There's Chinatown, Cosmo World and Motomachi shopping street for a nice stroll. There's also a boat taxi called sea bass that would be interesting for the kids.

I cant comment much on Sumiyoshi Taisha but if you are visiting the temples and shrines in Kyoto, this one can skip.

If you have some free time to spare, you can consider Odaiba. Easily can spend a day there.

Just curious as to how you handle your luggages for a big party? Do you intend to carry them on shinkansen and subway rides? For hotels, you can pick one that has a bus limousine transfer to the airport. Saves time and effort.

Last edited:

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone taken the NEX train to and from Narita? how's the experience like? thinking of trying this out as previously, i took the normal Keisei airport line and changed at one station to Ikebukuro.

it's an express train that stops at certain stations only.

luvenergy

Reaction score
the SQ open jaw ticket that i looking at in apr 2019 has rise to $1.3k per pax..any chance the price will drop or it will continue to rise?
can i redeem my krisflyers miles for ana or jal? sin-kix-hnd-sin

Last edited:

princessreiko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the SQ open jaw ticket that i looking at in apr 2019 has rise to $1.3k per pax..any chance the price will drop or it will continue to rise?
can i redeem my krisflyers miles for ana or jal? sin-kix-hnd-sin

April is high due to Sakura season.
I think it is usually that price but may fluctuate a bit due to fluctuation in oil prices.

Dreaming

Reaction score
If I'm only going to travel Osaka and tokyo, should I fly to Osaka or Tokyo first from sg?

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I'm only going to travel Osaka and tokyo, should I fly to Osaka or Tokyo first from sg?

If you're the shopping type, you can land at Osaka first and depart from Tokyo. The idea is to carry less in areas where you do more sightseeing.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Leave ur shopping to last s mentioned by the rest. So it depends on where u want to do most of ur shopping. Generally Tokyo will be a better place for shopping, but osaka has rinku town outlet mall.

Sent from Sony G8342 using GAGT

luvenergy

Reaction score
May i know which option is wiser:
1.sin-kix-hnd-sin. Krisflyers miles can redeem for 2 adults tickets. Paying $1k for per child.total 2 children:$2k
2.sin-kix-hnd-sin. ANA total for 2a2c $3.3k

nemo88

Reaction score
May i know which option is wiser:
1.sin-kix-hnd-sin. Krisflyers miles can redeem for 2 adults tickets. Paying $1k for per child.total 2 children:$2k
2.sin-kix-hnd-sin. ANA total for 2a2c $3.3k

Define ‘wiser’.

and you know ANA has no direct non-stop flights between Singapore and Osaka right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.