The Watch Thread - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevpaang

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been looking at this thread for the longest time and I always wondered when will be my turn.

Today finally mark the day and also, my 38th birthday. It is also a reward to myself after 7 years (and counting) away from Singapore.

It's nothing fancy nor extraordinary nor extravagant. A humble watch for a humble man and it's the simplicity that still pretty much attract me till today.

paul02

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Been looking at this thread for the longest time and I always wondered when will be my turn.

Today finally mark the day and also, my 38th birthday. It is also a reward to myself after 7 years (and counting) away from Singapore.

It's nothing fancy nor extraordinary nor extravagant. A humble watch for a humble man and it's the simplicity that still pretty much attract me till today.
-truncated-

What's the story?

DiCaprio

Reaction score
Hi all,

Congrats, Happy Birthday and wear it in good health! Watch collecting should never always be fancy/extraordinary/extravagant (contrary to popular belief). Own wrist ownself song. :)

couscous

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just hoot only

initally i also cant bear coz find it ex

in the end i hoot two lol, life is short, must enjoy :s13:

poor abit nvm most impt is be happy :D

Awesome combo! Still can't bring myself to click purchase on Erika's site :( EUR50 + shipping is quite chor. Sidenote, replied your PM sent 2 months ago ps been on mobile the longest time! :s13:

slow_mo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Congrats and enjoy your watch. Do post some wrist shots!

Buying a watch, be it fancy or not is a personal choice. Wear liao song is most important!

slow_mo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Awesome combo! Still can't bring myself to click purchase on Erika's site :( EUR50 + shipping is quite chor. Sidenote, replied your PM sent 2 months ago ps been on mobile the longest time! :s13:

just hoot only

Can’t bear that €50 too. Especially for something that I have yet to try. Not sure how the elastic band will feel on the skin.

DiCaprio

Reaction score
Can’t bear that €50 too. Especially for something that I have yet to try. Not sure how the elastic band will feel on the skin.
I got one pair which I got preowned much cheaper (was quite clean no wrist cheese). The weave is quite smooth and comfortable to the skin. No irritating sharp edges/thread/seams. In fact I find it more comfy then some generic nylon nato/perlon straps..

Sent from Tomorrowland using GAGT

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Away for 7 yrs so siong reward.
Hmm need to save up for my reward lol

DXMachina

Banned
Reaction score
naise! love the combi

Thanks bro! :) I configured this strap in this slightly boring colour so I can pair it with my monochrome watches.

No worries bro about the PM, reply very much appreciated! :D If you're going to get an Erika strap, do let me know. I want to get another strap from her (no hurry though) and we can share shipping.

just hoot only

So true, but sometimes I follow this a bit too much, wallet not happy liao. :(

Slo_mo bro, you can try them on at Watch Wonderland at Suntec. :) I still ordered directly from the Erika Originals site though.

kevpaang

Reaction score
What's the story?

No story lah bro. Just something I wanted the longest time ever since I had left SG for work. Given that my family finances are now back on track after endless counts of massive medical bills, I do managed to save up over the yrs and so, it is time to get myself a good bday present. As many bros said, you only live once.

My initial target was the iconic Rolex sub but the price here at HK, where I am based now, is simply ridiculous. They really “fried” up the price like chow kway teow. I am quoted all sort of different prices and some are really openly chop carrot. Even some lobangs given by my local colleagues are also way off the chart.

Quote for example is the latest G shock 35th anniversary full metal watch, goes all the way up to 8000 HKD upon it’s release. HK G factory original price is 4699 HKD but forever OOS, needless to say u know I know the backend arrangement lah.

After giving up on the sub, I was looking at Pam 1312 but just couldn’t take my mind n eyes off Pam 560 and 510. Was torn between this 2 honestly but the clean “12, 3, 6 and 9” face of 560 eventually won my heart over. Furthermore, the discount is good and no surcharge for CC, all work very well within my budget.

cyrenic

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
pJPco3g.jpg

anizee

Reaction score
No offense to anyone but I can't see the attraction of Patek Philippe watches at all. Find most models really ugly.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No offense to anyone but I can't see the attraction of Patek Philippe watches at all. Find most models really ugly.

Because you're looking at the wrong models or rather the popular ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.