Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Will This Be A Game Changer For Samsung?

mamboeidos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but these days the phone OS update become much less attractive than before, no wow feature worth to sacrifice stability for it. for IOS users many of them even wish to downgrade :s13:

agree. now is more of fine tuning which i am ok if i dun receive the update cos cant see the diff. But at least dun update till some app cannot be use.

guards80

Reaction score
hi singtel,

online order and call in order is diff stock? online have the colour that i want have stock. i call in order only left black?

coz im in old system only can call in order.

spectral

Master Member
Reaction score
got photo to show?:)

8OfPZPH.jpg

VMcMA9C.jpg

Pjeovkz.jpg

DKBvD9X.jpg

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi ahbard,

The voucher with promo code cannot be used for walk-in purchases at any Singtel Shops.

Likewise, the voucher without promo code cannot be used for online purchases.

when i po, it didn't give the option to collect from shop. now those who opt from pop station have to buy tru the online shop? cannot go to singtel shop or retailer to buy?

Hi guards80,

We've reached out via private message to follow up on your case.

hi singtel,

online order and call in order is diff stock? online have the colour that i want have stock. i call in order only left black?

coz im in old system only can call in order.

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi guards80,

We've received your message and sent to the relevant team for follow up.

Thank you.

Hi singtel just pmed you.

Hi mamboeidos,

The voucher is valid for use till 30 September 2018, so there's no need to worry about the Galaxy Note9 accessories running low or out of stock.

so its note 9 accessories only but wat if note 9 accessories were to be sold out? or left with very little choices?

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
More worry about security updates, my s7 edge still on jan18 patch..
More people do financial transactions on phones, missing security is bad.

Going with note 9 means super inferior exynos and slow security patching.

https://www.wired.com/story/android-phones-hide-missed-security-updates-from-you/amp
From that website, Samsung is doing well at the cost of timings of the update. They barely missed any patches.

TBH, if you are worried about all these little things you are on the wrong ecosystem. Your device is very secure as long as you don't expose it outside of Google's official and authenticated systems. So No sideloading (You wouldn't know if the app has been modded) , avoid installing untrusted apps (Weird shady Chinese apps are the worst) and don't connect to an unsecured network.

Plus you using an Android device you are already constantly being tracked. Google knows your whereabouts almost all the time (Unless your device is out of battery). Even if you turn off Location history your location is still recorded and stored somewhere. Your browser and app activity as well all recorded and Google knows it all.

Think about it you are using a device whose operating system is controlled and designed by the world's largest advertiser whose entire business is selling targeted ads and for "free".

And you wonder why iOS devices are expensive..

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Samsung's pre-order site
Any ideas on Starhub will allowed us to pre order?
... scroll down and see those pre-order offers from the various sources.

That's where I saw "Registration of interest with Starhub is now closed".

I mean when starhub will send a sms or email to those who successful register of interest
Good question. I wonder why M1's playing with this "register your interest" thingy too.

I gave up waiting and went straight to Samsung. =:p

Last edited:

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting a Note 9 but is it better to buy it via recontract or without it?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.