2018 iPad Pro

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agree lol. Windows 10 is not light no matter how they try. The surface go design is meh.. price also high for 128 gb version. Ipad has 256 and 512 fb options with much smoother os and portability. Don’t get hot easily too. Touch screen experience is on a different level

I feel iPad Pro's pricing is not comparable with the Surface Go. Based on RRP, it is closer to competing with the likes of a Surface Pro. In fact, if I were to get an iPad Pro with the keyboard and pencil, it will cost as much as the Lenovo Miix 720 with i5 7200U, 8GB DDR4 ram and 512GB of storage.

Surface Go is more to compete with the iPad 2018, which I still feel the latter is superior to the middle of the road Surface Go. From my experience, the specs is too underpowered to run the resource heavy Windows 10.

And it is true that the touchscreen experience is significantly better on either iOS and Android.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Microsoft and Samsung prices are almost the same lol.

Apple’s more like in a class of its own, it’s unique.

In another note, Samsung’s latest Note 9 with 512GB is still cheaper than iPhone X with 256GB.

Eidekos

Reaction score
Apple’s more like in a class of its own, it’s unique.

In another note, Samsung’s latest Note 9 with 512GB is still cheaper than iPhone X with 256GB.

cant imagine many many people are using 256GB IPhone X which cost 1898. :s22: Now not sure how much will the new Iphne X 6.5 inch cost.

well regardless, cant wait for the bezel less iPad pro if I wont upgrade my X. :D

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cant imagine many many people are using 256GB IPhone X which cost 1898. :s22: Now not sure how much will the new Iphne X 6.5 inch cost.

well regardless, cant wait for the bezel less iPad pro if I wont upgrade my X. :D

It’s $1888, not $1898. But many people like myself get the phone by signing up/re-contracting mobile line so don’t pay the $1888 in full.

Those you referred to are those who queue at Apple Stores around the world.

I just got my 10.5” Pro so won’t be buying the new one.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Which is why I stopped buying iPhone. Instead I use my iPad.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It’s $1888, not $1898. But many people like myself get the phone by signing up/re-contracting mobile line so don’t pay the $1888 in full.

I actually find the exchange rate very unreasonable. Take the base 999 USD, converted to SGD is it really 1648? Even accounting for GST, it’s closer, but still not there. iPhones may be good, but the price in SG is certainly enough to make me think twice about paying more than 1 grand for a phone with a 2 year contract. Moreover, they forcefully removed the Touch ID and headphone jack is a further deal breaker for me.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I actually find the exchange rate very unreasonable. Take the base 999 USD, converted to SGD is it really 1648? Even accounting for GST, it’s closer, but still not there. iPhones may be good, but the price in SG is certainly enough to make me think twice about paying more than 1 grand for a phone with a 2 year contract. Moreover, they forcefully removed the Touch ID and headphone jack is a further deal breaker for me.

Of course I knew about that, but do you know there are other countries selling more expensive than in SG? Different countries have different pricing so I’ve no argument for that.

I also don’t use the headphone jack and using Face ID is fine with me, and I still have my iPad Pro and 7 Plus for Touch ID. I’d still continue to purchase iPhones.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Of course I knew about that, but do you know there are other countries selling more expensive than in SG? Different countries have different pricing so I’ve no argument for that.

I also don’t use the headphone jack and using Face ID is fine with me, and I still have my iPad Pro and 7 Plus for Touch ID. I’d still continue to purchase iPhones.

I've no arguments on this since its just personal preference. ;)

Eidekos

Reaction score

yeah, recontract always the best option. especially for prestige members or those who can recontract every year without extra fee, so they always get the newest iPhone.

like for me, been recontracting every year. but last yr only, I ditch the TV plan so likely no prestige for me and I switched to CIS plan. Made a lot of difference on my monthly plan.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah, recontract always the best option. especially for prestige members or those who can recontract every year without extra fee, so they always get the newest iPhone.

like for me, been recontracting every year. but last yr only, I ditch the TV plan so likely no prestige for me and I switched to CIS plan. Made a lot of difference on my monthly plan.

Mine's under CIS so 24mths contract, which means I'll only re-contract for next year's iPhone. Yes CIS saves me a whole lot of money. The regular price it charges for my plan, under CIS I can still add Data X3, Spotify and Apple Music, and the total is only almost the price of the regular plan. Not forgetting CIS plan still gives an additional 1GB data.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'll never go to an Android, iOS is so much more fluid.

Haha! every year I try androind but always go back after a month or 2. :s13::s13::s13:

I don't deny iOS is better having used it for many years. However now to me it is definitely not worth paying that significant price difference for a phone. After all, my primary usage is taking pictures, surfing the net, listening to music and using it for communication. While it is true I spend more time with my phone, but I really prefer to use a larger screen. Which is why I am willing to splurge on an iPad Pro, a hybrid laptop and also a desktop for heavy lifting.

Android is not that difficult to use, and I feel it is just a matter of how willing you are to adapt. How much more difficult will it be using Android phones for communications, surfing net, listening to music and taking pictures? The icons for these cases are all there and will start at a click of it.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't deny iOS is better having used it for many years. However now to me it is definitely not worth paying that significant price difference for a phone. After all, my primary usage is taking pictures, surfing the net, listening to music and using it for communication. While it is true I spend more time with my phone, but I really prefer to use a larger screen. Which is why I am willing to splurge on an iPad Pro, a hybrid laptop and also a desktop for heavy lifting.

Android is not that difficult to use, and I feel it is just a matter of how willing you are to adapt. How much more difficult will it be using Android phones for communications, surfing net, listening to music and taking pictures? The icons for these cases are all there and will start at a click of it.

Probably because I’m too used to iOS, but different people different usage patterns. Yes my main computer is my MBP, on-the-go and when playing games at home and casual browsing, it’s my iPad Pro. Phone wise to me it’s not just a device to makes calls, whatsapp, iMessaging, but a ‘handheld computer’ and also a tool for my Apple Watch and a device when I’m just out without my iPad Pro which I can still just about do everything on it.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Probably because I’m too used to iOS, but different people different usage patterns. Yes my main computer is my MBP, on-the-go and when playing games at home and casual browsing, it’s my iPad Pro. Phone wise to me it’s not just a device to makes calls, whatsapp, iMessaging, but a ‘handheld computer’ and also a tool for my Apple Watch and a device when I’m just out without my iPad Pro which I can still just about do everything on it.

Don't mind me being very honest, but I feel people tend to feel iOS is easier to use because of what you mentioned, "too used to iOS". It took me awhile to say what is so difficult to use about Android vs iOS? Don't applications start by clicking on an icon, and not typing some sort of command like Linux vs Windows? While Android phones are less powerful when it comes to the SOC, at this stage, high end SOCs offers very competitive performance in real life. You can only tell how much faster the A1X SOCs are by running benchmarks. So nowadays, I am quite indifferent whether it is iOS or Android. Which is also why I am using an Android phone but have always gone back to buy an Apple iPad.

Anyway like I mentioned, everyone have their own opinion of things and I respect that. So I am not going to continue to derail the topic of this thread, which is the iPad Pro 2018. Looking forward to see its release, though I am very gladly using the iPad Pro 2017. :D

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway out of curiosity, are there folks here who uses some stylus with the iPad Pro that is not the Apple Pencil please? Does it work reasonably well?

Reason for asking is because I am thinking of getting one, though not the Pencil because I don't think I will use it extensively. It is very clear that my usage is very low because I rarely touch the active pen for my hybrid as well. So don't want to waste money buying an expensive one.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't mind me being very honest, but I feel people tend to feel iOS is easier to use because of what you mentioned, "too used to iOS". It took me awhile to say what is so difficult to use about Android vs iOS? Don't applications start by clicking on an icon, and not typing some sort of command like Linux vs Windows? While Android phones are less powerful when it comes to the SOC, at this stage, high end SOCs offers very competitive performance in real life. You can only tell how much faster the A1X SOCs are by running benchmarks. So nowadays, I am quite indifferent whether it is iOS or Android. Which is also why I am using an Android phone but have always gone back to buy an Apple iPad.

Anyway like I mentioned, everyone have their own opinion of things and I respect that. So I am not going to continue to derail the topic of this thread, which is the iPad Pro 2018. Looking forward to see its release, though I am very gladly using the iPad Pro 2017. :D

Yes and I’m also extremely happy with my newly replaced iPad Pro, and I’m also typing on it replying to this message. So yes let’s get back to topic before the mods start to give warning. =:p

It’s always good to see people give their honest opinion and for me, I’m always open to such opinions. I’m also looking forward for the release, and it’s new home-buttonless design with Face ID! :D

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes and I’m also extremely happy with my newly replaced iPad Pro, and I’m also typing on it replying to this message. So yes let’s get back to topic before the mods start to give warning. =:p

It’s always good to see people give their honest opinion and for me, I’m always open to such opinions. I’m also looking forward for the release, and it’s new home-buttonless design with Face ID! :D

After you mentioned about sending it for servicing because of the issue, I went to buy an extra tempered glass protector. :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.