Not much hype about iPhone 2018?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chengsun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow is August but this year it seems not so much hype about the new iPhone, do you think so?

Till now I inly noticed the “leak” about the size of upcoming iPhone, like iPhone X, X Plus and another bigger one.

Unlike last year, the rumours were very overwhelming.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow is August but this year it seems not so much hype about the new iPhone, do you think so?

Till now I inly noticed the “leak” about the size of upcoming iPhone, like iPhone X, X Plus and another bigger one.

Last year because there's the 10th anniversary model.

I'll only :s12: if a dual-SIM iPhone is released this year. :D

battledome64

Master Member
Reaction score
Cause people don’t need to upgrade

The phone market is mature

The new features are all gimmicks

metamofia89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

This shows that Apple is doing a decent job in clamping down leaks. It was one of their main concern in the past few years. I'm sure we like to be surprised during the keynote.

Tyrian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
im actually looking forward to dual sim capabilities, been waiting for that coz it's super irritating to swap my sim card whenever i travel overseas.

i told myself, if 2018 iphone still does not have dual sim, i'll go to android.

Matrock5

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The iPhone 6.5 inch is the one to get. It can even show you your battery percentage which the iPhone X can’t

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The iPhone 6.5 inch is the one to get. It can even show you your battery percentage which the iPhone X can’t

I think you meant without the need to swipe down for the notification centre. Most probably is because the screen is larger, hence able to accomodate.

Matrock5

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When Apple launched the iPhone X, many believed that its $999 starting price would make it difficult for consumers to swallow but with big sales numbers and an increased average selling price, it’s clear that was simply not the case. That isn’t stopping Apple from planning to launch a more budget-friendly iPhone this fall, though, with an LCD iPhone – we don’t know for sure what it will be called yet – set to offer an iPhone X-like experience but at a lower price point.

With three new iPhones set to go on sale next month, TrendForce has been looking into the steps it believes Apple will take in order to continue to boost its average selling price, considering this is the figure that means Apple can sell fewer devices while continuing to make more money. With concerns about a shrinking smartphone market due to good old-fashioned saturation, increasing ASP is an important factor in Apple’s plans.

According to TrendForce, Apple’s OLED iPhones will support the Apple Pencil when they launch next month, making them the first iPhones to officially support a stylus of sorts. That will put them squarely up against the recently announced Galaxy Note 9, although the Samsung device does have the upper hand thanks to the fact it has a receptacle in which to store said stylus. Apple CEO Tim Cook may have let slip that stylus support is on the cards during a recent call when he mentioned using an iPhone and the Apple Pencil together.

The report also suggests that Apple will offer the OLED models in three storage tiers – 64GB, 256GB and 512GB, although the number of people opting for that highest capacity will surely be small. Samsung’s Galaxy Note 9 also ships with 512GB storage, plus support for another 512GB via microSD card.

At the other end of the spectrum, it is believed that the entry-level LCD iPhone will feature just 3GB of RAM, compared to the 4GB in the other iPhones. This, along with the less costly display, should see Apple price the new device at, or around,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.