Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Will This Be A Game Changer For Samsung?

fortunecat

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good question. I wonder why M1's playing with this "register your interest" thingy too.

I gave up waiting and went straight to Samsung.
=:p

So that they can give split out people to different time slots for pre-order I think, if not website will crash if too many people pre-order together, then will have many complaints.

Seems like only singtel feels not many people is going to buy it :o

rachdanon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got black because use it for work and not that young :). Flashy yellow pen not so suitable. Copper is nice but I suspect I may grow tired of the novelty after some time. Black is timeless anyway So any midnight black adopters here? :)

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got black because use it for work and not that young :). Flashy yellow pen not so suitable. Copper is nice but I suspect I may grow tired of the novelty after some time. Black is timeless anyway So any midnight black adopters here? :)
was po black..then saw blue available..cancel black and get blue..the color..if boring ady..can just stick dbrand skin..

Sent from LG-v30 Plus From Your Heart using GAGT

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From that website, Samsung is doing well at the cost of timings of the update. They barely missed any patches.

TBH, if you are worried about all these little things you are on the wrong ecosystem. Your device is very secure as long as you don't expose it outside of Google's official and authenticated systems. So No sideloading (You wouldn't know if the app has been modded) , avoid installing untrusted apps (Weird shady Chinese apps are the worst) and don't connect to an unsecured network.

Plus you using an Android device you are already constantly being tracked. Google knows your whereabouts almost all the time (Unless your device is out of battery). Even if you turn off Location history your location is still recorded and stored somewhere. Your browser and app activity as well all recorded and Google knows it all.

Think about it you are using a device whose operating system is controlled and designed by the world's largest advertiser whose entire business is selling targeted ads and for "free".

And you wonder why iOS devices are expensive..

You made it sound like Google is collecting all those data to monetize it without offering consumers any thing in return.

Personalised searches? Personalised ads? Google Now? Google Assistant? All these have to be powered by some data right?

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
PC show cheaper?
new product no price drop

I hope got some good bundle, but I can't wait, if price drop $200 for 128gb, I'll get from Kasia 1st choice at orchard now, 2nd choice hitec, got capitapoints

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

rey_85

Master Member
Reaction score
What happening to Starhub m1, why they still delaying releasing their pricing for note 9 since Starhub already ended their ROI

grpocz

Reaction score
What happening to Starhub m1, why they still delaying releasing their pricing for note 9 since Starhub already ended their ROI

The way starhub and m1 approach is not to offer the phone to get sign ups. Instead they limit the amount of note 9 they can sell. Starhub is the worst, they close ROI in 3 days, it is 2 days after the ROI(day 5) right now there is no action. This isn't even pre order, you have to ROI then if you qualify they PICK YOU so not everybody can get. You don't even get to know if you qualify, you may wait 10 days to get rejected 5 days before public release. Insane right?

It seems to indicate there is a shortage of note 9 and somehow Singtel got all the telco stock. Even with their stock see people complain shortage of colors. Lazada also sold out in day 3. Crazy right? Then we got people here say note 9 PO useless aka note 9 nobody want.

I understand since s7 edge SG has been receiving exynos, my s7 edge is exynos too. But weirdest thing is starhub fb say to somebody's comment SD845 and on their twitter another CSO go confirm sd845. And I asked here the singtel guy say singtel exynos and samsung store exynos. Maybe starhub fail until can't fail on all levels(highly probable) or maybe cause they don't have **** and samsung have to get from other place give starhub.

All in all I consider myself dam sway lo, cos family starhub hub club and I would like to see their pricing first if sucks have to LL get from samsung website and miss the option to get through lazada for rebates and also may miss chance to pick a color I want. :s22:

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lazada now have all color available..at least just now 5 something I check

grpocz

Reaction score
Lazada now have all color available..at least just now 5 something I check

Lmao, when I was typing the post I go Lazada double check don't have stock. But yea I saw they restocked hope they keep the stock up.

asdsker90

Reaction score
Starhub preorder

any starhub user remembers if we had to choose color during preorder. kinda slipped my mind.

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Galaxy Studio, Vivocity, until Sunday, from tomorrow - Facebook

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any ideas if Samsung ES allow installment plan payment?

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey @TKL, can accessories thread not be a separate thread, so all about note9 can be here? thank you

tankee531

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can we use note 8 s pen on note 9, of course without the bluetooth features?

Both s pen seems quite similar in size.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.