Android TV Box

Gldnxy

Reaction score
Hi. Need some advise here.
Which is better in your opinion. tanix tx3 mini or mibox international version. I personally like tanix UI but mibox have better hardware according to users here. I use it for streaming various live tv apps, hk Chinese drama. Thanks~~

Last edited:

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi. Need some advise here.
Which is better in your opinion. tanix tx3 mini or mibox international version. I personally like tanix UI but mibox have better hardware according to users here. I use it for streaming various live tv apps, hk Chinese drama. Thanks~~

can't compare, different class.

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Install and use original apps like YouTube, Yahoo Mail, Dropbox & WhatsApp etc. is not an issue.

Even if you don't update, still working well. The problems are usually arising from apps that are shady, and download illegal contents. If you use original stuff like Netflix, don't think would give users any trouble.

So, always use a reputable antivirus app, and established apps which doesn't infringe other's intellectual property.

Sent from Nagasaki長崎, Japan日本 using GAGT

I'm planning to subscribe to Netflix and Viu, which Android box is good?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

you need a box certified by netflix.

e.g mibox international version.

For viu , you have to run it on handphone and chromecast to mibox. You have to be premium subscriber.

For netflix, you can run from hp and chromecast to mibox, or run on mibox directly.

Last edited:

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Netflix is the least restrictive. You can buy any android box. I have a Roku device, that can play Netflix. But Amazon prime cannot play. Amazon prime is very restrictive. Even their own Firestick also cannot play Amazon prime outside US.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Netflix is the least restrictive. You can buy any android box. I have a Roku device, that can play Netflix. But Amazon prime cannot play. Amazon prime is very restrictive. Even their own Firestick also cannot play Amazon prime outside US.

netflix is very restrictive. If your android box is not certified, you can get only 480p.

No point to run netflix at 480p because it is worse than many free apps.

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you need a box certified by netflix.

e.g mibox international version.

For viu , you have to run it on handphone and chromecast to mibox. You have to be premium subscriber.

For netflix, you can run from hp and chromecast to mibox, or run on mibox directly.
That's the problem, if cast to TV means can only use data not wifi. Another way is use htpc but no remote control troublesome.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's the problem, if cast to TV means can only use data not wifi. Another way is use htpc but no remote control troublesome.

You don't understand what is chromecast.

Chromecast won't work if your phone is not connect to home wifi.

BlackStorm

Reaction score
Any Recommendations for TAMIL MOVIES Android Box

Any Experts can share your advice... what Android Box supports for Tamil Movies...

:s12::s12: thanks in advance

dryteletubby

Reaction score
Any Experts can share your advice... what Android Box supports for Tamil Movies...

:s12::s12: thanks in advance

An Android box is like a android phone. You don't expect the phone to come with all the apps you want out of the box. Same with the Android box you have to download the movie apps yourself.

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
An Android box is like a android phone. You don't expect the phone to come with all the apps you want out of the box. Same with the Android box you have to download the movie apps yourself.
I think he is talking about those shady boxes sold by Sim Lim sqr shops. They cater mostly to Chinese entertainment and sports. I guess they should be having Indian entertainment as well. Need to look for them.

dryteletubby

Reaction score
I think he is talking about those shady boxes sold by Sim Lim sqr shops. They cater mostly to Chinese entertainment and sports. I guess they should be having Indian entertainment as well. Need to look for them.

You can find those same boxes way cheaper online. The only benefit from buying from those TV box from local stores is the pre-installed apps. Which are obviously not legal and can be taken down anytime.

What I suggest to OP is to not depend on the preinstalled apps but to do the searching and installing of apps themselves.

Johnteoh

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting Mibox for mum as she can only watch Chinese program. However can anyone advise if they are able to watch Taiwan program too?

fake_oranges

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone can recommend?

Android OS as stock as possible
With WiFi connection
With Chrome and PlayStore pre-installed
Remote preferably with keyboard

msaz

Reaction score
how about reusing an old laptop as repurposed androidtv box. some old laptop circa 2010 with 8 gigs of ram can run android x86 (7.0) comfortably.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how about reusing an old laptop as repurposed androidtv box. some old laptop circa 2010 with 8 gigs of ram can run android x86 (7.0) comfortably.

it is a waste to use it as android box.

a powerful new android box costs as little as $30-$40

chewbl

Reaction score
I have a red bean i-mini android box for sale. It is meant for my Mum but she sub

The set is Rarely use , in good working condition and have some software set up.

Full set , Come with controller , hdmi cable etc.

chewbl

Reaction score
Selling $30 interested parties msg me nine seven six four six zero four one

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.