Malaysia prepaid card

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
Any place near the jb custom where i can buy the Data SIM card for RM8.50?

Tunetalk simcard at rm2 at JBCC mynews

https://www.tunetalk.com/my/en/coolplan/data/datatata-plan

tunetalk seem don't have passive state validity period

use 1 time and throw.

unless you want to pay for 1 Year validity

https://www.tunetalk.com/my/en/coolplan/sospecial/one-year-validity

digi at KSL tesco is the best choice have active passive state validity period selling at cost price.

Last edited:

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tunetalk simcard at rm2 at JBCC mynews
https://www.tunetalk.com/my/en/coolplan/data/datatata-plan

tunetalk seem don't have passive state validity period
use 1 time and throw
unless you want to pay for 1 Year validity

https://www.tunetalk.com/my/en/coolplan/sospecial/one-year-validity

digi at KSL tesco is the best choice have active passive state validity period selling at cost price.

That day when I was at my news at JBCC, they got sell Digi and umobile at the 8.50 price:)

thanks! im going tomorrow morning :)

not sure if this is the norm.. but i am going to try download the Digi and umobile app at home first, to save on my SIM card data...

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Once Top Up validity expires, you will still be able to receive incoming calls and SMS only for a grace period of 45 days. During grace period, you unable to make out going calls, sending sms and use your data until you top up your account. After the grace period ends, service will be terminated. Unused credit and Tune Talk BIG points will be forfeited and the mobile number cannot be reactivated.

Link: Tunetalk Service Subscription

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That day when I was at my news at JBCC, they got sell Digi and umobile at the 8.50 price:)

Looks like myNEWS is a "good news" place. For prepaid SIM packs, at least. :D

This reminds me of a top-up incident quite a while back. I can't remember if it's a myNEWS(?) outlet in Tebrau or Bukit Indah. I went in to get a RM50 top-up voucher for my OneXOX card.

It's a printed receipt... Towards the end of the receipt being printed, I heard an exclamation from the cashier. At the bottom of the receipt was a "bonus" PIN number for an extra RM5.

We're not sure if it's a promotion or what, but the cashier told me that she'd another customer getting something similar for another telco top-up too... I think it's Digi. =:p

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Code:

Digi/ UMobile which one is better for a 2 to 3 day trip ?
did u buy from them? did they need your passport?

I'd personally go for Digi... from my past experience with both, connectivity-wise. :)

sendhalp

Reaction score
Hope you are lucky to get the Digi, was there on sunday and they have 1 last display Digi for sale at 8.50

I personally use hotlink. It’s great!

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hope you are lucky to get the Digi, was there on sunday and they have 1 last display Digi for sale at 8.50

I personally use hotlink. It’s great!

Where you buy the RM 8.50 Digi from? also JBCC my news?

Where you buy the Hotlink? how much ?

need passport or not?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

sendhalp

Reaction score

need passport or not?

I was there a few days ago to buy tuneTalk Simcard when I also see they have Digi Simcard, hence enquired the price for it.

I got my hotlink Long ago and yes required passport or some form of verification

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

need passport or not?

If you want to try out Hotlink later, can check out the Maxis shop in City Square. They're selling Hotlink packs at cost RM10 before, though not sure about now. Or there are other dealers in JB Sentral, 1 in JBCC, can choose the one with a package you're comfortable with.

Link: Maxis Hotlink RED Plan is their latest.

On the registration of prepaid cards, it's a regulation set by their telecom authorities Malaysian Communications & Multimedia Commission. They normally ask for passport from foreigners. :)

SPEED

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have this xpax prepaid sim. Anyone knows how many days I must topup once to keep it alive?
I cannot find any information on the validity date. Mine is the starter kit pack which is RM10 version. Thanks all!

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have this xpax prepaid sim. Anyone knows how many days I must topup once to keep it alive?
I cannot find any information on the validity date. Mine is the starter kit pack which is RM10 version. Thanks all!

Grace Period for XPAX is generally 50 days.

The validity is RM1 for 1 day, so if you want to use the card for say, a continuous 5-day period, then you'll have to top up at least RM5.

Edit: (to show more info)
Credit Expiry/Validity

Customers’ prepaid credit or airtime balance can only be used when their Xpax accounts are active. To keep the Xpax account active, Customers are required to perform a credit reload. Any prepaid credit or balance in the Xpax account cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash.

The preloaded airtime and validity period for each starter pack is as follows:
Starter Pack RRP Preloaded Airtime Validity Period
RM 10 RM6.60 5 days
RM 5 RM3.30

Any additional reload values shall follow the validity period as stated in the Xpax Reload Specific Terms and Conditions below.

Upon expiry of the validity period, the Customers will have fifty (50) days to perform a reload, failing which their mobile number or account will be automatically terminated without any further notice.

Link: XPAX Prepaid Terms & Conditions

Last edited:

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you want to try out Hotlink later, can check out the Maxis shop in City Square. They're selling Hotlink packs at cost RM10 before, though not sure about now. Or there are other dealers in JB Sentral, 1 in JBCC, can choose the one with a package you're comfortable with.

Link: Maxis Hotlink RED Plan is their latest.

On the registration of prepaid cards, it's a regulation set by their telecom authorities Malaysian Communications & Multimedia Commission. They normally ask for passport from foreigners. :)

some months ago i went all ard the shopping in city square to inqire they all sell at RM20-40 even if the package states way below the price

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
some months ago i went all ard the shopping in city square to inqire they all sell at RM20-40 even if the package states way below the price

These dealers need to pay rental, among other things...

If you've access to a Maxis Center, you won't be charged for any extras. The only ones in a shopping mall that I've come across so far, are in Batu Pahat Mall, and Melaka's Mahkota Parade.

kitkat2

Reaction score
digi is giving out free data again. why some still spend rm3 per day on data? :)

49sbWXw.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.