SUSS Part Time 2019/01

divasion

Master Member
Reaction score
:eek::eek:

which year are you in now ?

Do you have any HR background beforehand ?

I dont have any leh :(

my 2 year ns in hr department. i am at last sem already. ***** difficult now.no joke.
i started in 2015 so i saw the transition and felt the heat now. The way they assess more difficult now. the quiz become 5 (30 question so u get 15 correct =2.5%) % from 20% and the group project got higher weightage now and the reason is because quiz got such thing as full mark, project dont have. They want make it such that even if ur quiz get full mark, its only 5 marks.lol.. now quiz question cant be found on online quiz bank... and next time, hr exam will have mcq. The mcq question can be some random line from the textbook etc.. and my lecturers got say before. Exam skip mcq first.lol. in exam context for suss, the idea is not to think about scoring for mcq, but is try not to get zero for mcq.

The reason is because pt hr want align with ft hr. thats the first thing.. next is pt/ft together increase another notch in difficulty because from unisim become SUSS

i think those that just enrolled in 2018 and 2nd half of july 2018 quite sway already. if 2019, i dont know liao. probably the drop out/failure rate will be higher?

in addition, HR is under the faculty which is the flagship faculty for suss so yea.

this is just some info, probably got more la. The changes havent stop yet so yea.

I would say, the hr course now same as the logistic one, best to avoid it. Not saying its not do-able now but rather, its harder now.

Last edited:

CanT_Make_IT

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my 2 year ns in hr department. i am at last sem already. ***** difficult now.no joke.
i started in 2015 so i saw the transition and felt the heat now. The way they assess more difficult now. the quiz become 5 (30 question so u get 15 correct =2.5%) % from 20% and the group project got higher weightage now and the reason is because quiz got such thing as full mark, project dont have. They want make it such that even if ur quiz get full mark, its only 5 marks.lol.. now quiz question cant be found on online quiz bank... and next time, hr exam will have mcq. The mcq question can be some random line from the textbook etc.. and my lecturers got say before. Exam skip mcq first.lol. in exam context for suss, the idea is not to think about scoring for mcq, but is try not to get zero for mcq.

The reason is because pt hr want align with ft hr. thats the first thing.. next is pt/ft together increase another notch in difficulty because from unisim become SUSS

i think those that just enrolled in 2018 and 2nd half of july 2018 quite sway already. if 2019, i dont know liao. probably the drop out/failure rate will be higher?

in addition, HR is under the faculty which is the flagship faculty for suss so yea.

this is just some info, probably got more la. The changes havent stop yet so yea.

I would say, the hr course now same as the logistic one, best to avoid it. Not saying its not do-able now but rather, its harder now.

My colleague just enroll into PT HR course..:s22:

Are you struggling now?

Btw, how old are you?

I am 29 :spin:

Shakidz

Reaction score
Has anyone who applied for social work programme ( part time Jan 19 intake) been called for interview?

I went interview for pt counselling. Got rejected though haha but suss immediately offered me to take up another degree instead. Waiting fr nov for the outcome 😅

divasion

Master Member
Reaction score
My colleague just enroll into PT HR course..:s22:

Are you struggling now?

Btw, how old are you?

I am 29 :spin:

just turned 27.. From sec5 and poly,so grad at 2 years older hahaha. struggling very badly.. imagine the hr modules, 90 ppl, around 85 people have to retake the exam.. and the paper that came out was the easier set ( exams teachers have to set two set of papers)

CanT_Make_IT

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just turned 27.. From sec5 and poly,so grad at 2 years older hahaha. struggling very badly.. imagine the hr modules, 90 ppl, around 85 people have to retake the exam.. and the paper that came out was the easier set ( exams teachers have to set two set of papers)

Got so jialat uh?

Siao liao man...hahahahahaha

divasion

Master Member
Reaction score
lolwut

i chose this degree, bcos for me it was a straightup 2 way selection between Business and HR. but den i see Biz got 1,200 pages accountancy textbook so i thought HR easier. i did abit of accountancy in poly, didnt like balancing the revenue / expenditure tables and almost failed :s13::s13:

and i only thought that the hardest module in HR was FIN303.

u say until liddat hor makes me wanna forfeit my $65 application fee and dont turn up for the interview lol.

if u say 85 out of 90 ppl have to retake exam, den how many ppl u know of or have seen them dropping out / quitting the HR degree?

i think after become suss, now dropout rate and failure rate for HR modules in general should be higher already. Even level 2 hr modules got killer modules already. FIN 303 is one of the module need to be taken by hr students but its NOT hr module.u see the code. FIN, fin=finance module. now hr students also need take ECONS. Even before become suss, already got quite a bit of people drop out already. i got friends get terminated because cgpa falls below requirement two times. After that he/she appeal to come back,they allow him/her to restart,same thing happen again.

Right now best to avoid logistic and the hr course(newly added to the list-to-avoid)
logistic is because not a single person say the lecturers can teach so ppl generally ask people not to join that course

Last edited:

CanT_Make_IT

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lolwut

i chose this degree, bcos for me it was a straightup 2 way selection between Business and HR. but den i see Biz got 1,200 pages accountancy textbook so i thought HR easier. i did abit of accountancy in poly, didnt like balancing the revenue / expenditure tables and almost failed :s13::s13:

and i only thought that the hardest module in HR was FIN303.

u say until liddat hor makes me wanna forfeit my $65 application fee and dont turn up for the interview lol.

if u say 85 out of 90 ppl have to retake exam, den how many ppl u know of or have seen them dropping out / quitting the HR degree?

:s13::s13:, I'm thinking twice whether to applied for HR course

CanT_Make_IT

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think after become suss, now dropout rate and failure rate for HR modules in general should be higher already. Even level 2 hr modules got killer modules already. FIN 303 is one of the module need to be taken by hr students but its NOT hr module.u see the code. FIN, fin=finance module. now hr students also need take ECONS. Even before become suss, already got quite a bit of people drop out already. i got friends get terminated because cgpa falls below requirement two times. After that he/she appeal to come back,they allow him/her to restart,same thing happen again.

Right now best to avoid logistic and the hr course(newly added to the list-to-avoid)
logistic is because not a single person say the lecturers can teach so ppl generally ask people not to join that course

My friend take up logistic course 1st year. He said is very difficult :s22:

divasion

Master Member
Reaction score
My friend take up logistic course 1st year. He said is very difficult :s22:

yea.i seen hardwarezone replies before.everyone say to avoid logistic course not because of the course itself but got to do with the teaching team. they dunnoe what they teaching..

CanT_Make_IT

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yea.i seen hardwarezone replies before.everyone say to avoid logistic course not because of the course itself but got to do with the teaching team. they dunnoe what they teaching..

wakao, teaching team dont know what they teaching :s22::s22:

tf2noobz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Please tell me that is only for HR modules.:s22:

The fact that 90% of people fail the exam means they don't know how to set an exam.

What about other SUSS courses? Should be more normal right? 20-30% fail is more normal, I have never heard of an exam where 90% of people fail. Hopefully.
I'm not applying for HR, so hopefully other courses are not as difficult.

I mean, they have the right to set any difficulty of exam they want, but if they only want 5 people to graduate then they probably should reconsider doing that.

Last edited:

divasion

Master Member
Reaction score
Please tell me that is only for HR modules.:s22:

The fact that 90% of people fail the exam means they don't know how to set an exam.

What about other SUSS courses? Should be more normal right? 20-30% fail is more normal, I have never heard of an exam where 90% of people fail. Hopefully.
I'm not applying for HR, so hopefully other courses are not as difficult.

I mean, they have the right to set any difficulty of exam they want, but if they only want 5 people to graduate then they probably should reconsider doing that.

ya normal failure rate is around 20% that kind

divasion

Master Member
Reaction score
u look at the amount of HR modules a person taking HR degree (BHRM) from SUSS has to take :s13::s13:

2aiomso.png

ok la fingers crossed, i listened to divasion n the other ppl's advice here. i wrote in to request for change of selection of degree to a super 冷门 one.

if not granted, i probably go work full-time or wait for next batch intake.

regarding your bolded part, SUSS is a local autonomous uni now. i should say all educational institutions dont rly care if their students have high % failing rate. they only interested in earning school fees from students

yerp.not saying after become suss, nobody from hr course will graduate, just that the % cfm become lesser.ya and suss no bellcurve.entire cohort fail means entire cohort fail.very good to earn money

and the HR HR modules right, some itself got calculation questions one.lol

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.