View Single Post
Old 16-08-2018, 05:28 PM   #683
Tiger9119

Has anybody dealt with Voyage Exchange recently? Can i just say the service is horrible?

I recently call in and ask for a quote for a redemption of Singapore to Mongolia and also reflected that SQ is offering 48k miles redemption for Krisflyer. I was told to please email them instead so here is the entire email correspondent:

Here is the conversation:
Hi Voyage team,

Can I please get a quote for:

Departure: **th July 2019, Singapore to Ulaanbaatar.
Return: **th or **th August 2019, uUlaanbaatar to Singapore.

It will be for 2 pax and we will like to know how much miles we need for ALL STAR ALLIANCE flight and alternative.

Currently, SQ is quoting 48000 miles for departure and return.

Please feel free to contact me at 9******* if you need further clarifications.

Thank you,
Jerms

Reply from Voyage:
Dear Member,

Thank you for your query. Will you please clarify the class of travel?

Currently you have 151,800 VM in your account. For Ulaanbaatar as a destination these miles are worth roughly SGD 1000 for Economy Class and roughly SGD 4500 in Business Class.

My Reply:
Hi *******,

I am looking at Economy and what you are saying is 151,800 miles are worth $1000 in total?

Krisflyer is offering me 48000 miles per pax which is only 96000 miles in total.

Reply from Voyage:
Yes Jerms. The redemption value of the Voyage Miles differs depending upon destination, class of travel, airline and even the date of travel.

Reply from me:
okay so what is the total miles I need redeem for my flight? Not really replying to my question here no?

no reply since...

not sure is this the sort of service to expect or perhaps I am rude because of how 151k miles is only worth $1000.
Voyage Miles have nothing to do with Krisflyer.
Voyage Miles will be used to "buy" commercial/revenue tickets for you.

To use VM to redeem tickets to Ulaanbaatar, basically you have only 2 choices.

SIN-PEK-ULN-PEK-SIN by Air China
SIN-SEL-ULN-SEL-SIN by Korean Air

If you mixed different airlines in the itinerary, the cost of the air ticket will be very high, which will mean you will use more VM.

You should ask them to quote you the number VM needed to redeem ticket for the routing I mentioned above. You need to give them the travel dates.

If you are redeeming ticket using VM, make sure you use cash for the taxes/surcharge portion. If not, the value of VM is very bad.

If you are redeeming tickets on Air China, I think it is better to redeem tickets through Krisflyer/Star Alliance. Air China is part of Star Alliance.

For Korean Air, you can try to use VM.
Tiger9119 is offline   Reply With Quote