Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Will This Be A Game Changer For Samsung?

fabianlau

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i just use the tradeup app and my note8 value is $550 and i also double confirm with samsung customer sale that coz upgrade to note9, additional $100. promo starts from 22 aug to 31 aug. so once you get ur note9 after recontract, transfer all ur data via smartswitch, then reformat your old device and use tradeup app. they will come ur place for collection. :D

do they care about etc your s9 condition like screen crack abit or knock?

tingtb

Reaction score
I can only recontract on the 19th. Received the M1 PO link. Couldn't process further cos cannot recontract. Any idea the link will valid for how many days.? On the 19th still can use they link?

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score
Cosmetic flaws will reduce the trade-up value

Based on the S9 trade-up few months back, you need almost perfect condition of the phone to get the "full" trade-up value. Otherwise, any scratches, paint-peeling, etc will reduce the trade-up value.

kirium76

Reaction score
The Note 9 can be collected from 22 Aug onwards for those who pre ordered. Anyone knows if the case is provided in the box? Saw some unboxing videos that comes with free transparent case.

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT

ttytwe

Reaction score
do they care about etc your s9 condition like screen crack abit or knock?
the value will go down. take your phone go ah beng shop ask for quote first. then if samsung quote you less than $650 or less than ah beng shop quoted, u can reject one, within 14days. then bring ur phone back to the ah beng shop and sell.

ttytwe

Reaction score
Old Device With Additional $100 Trade-in Value Regular Trade-in Value

Samsung Galaxy S9+ (256GB) $750 $650
Samsung Galaxy S9+ (128GB) $700 $600
Samsung Galaxy S9+ (64GB) $683 $583
Samsung Galaxy S9 (64GB) $600 $500

ttytwe

Reaction score
The Note 9 can be collected from 22 Aug onwards for those who pre ordered. Anyone knows if the case is provided in the box? Saw some unboxing videos that comes with free transparent case.

Sent from Samsung SM-N950F using GAGT
note8 came with it but very thin one. I think note9 will have but not anti shock proof one.

Jumpman23

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For the tradeup do they need the full set with accessories? Or just the phone? :D

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Old Device With Additional $100 Trade-in Value Regular Trade-in Value

Samsung Galaxy S9+ (256GB) $750 $650
Samsung Galaxy S9+ (128GB) $700 $600
Samsung Galaxy S9+ (64GB) $683 $583
Samsung Galaxy S9 (64GB) $600 $500
Samsung Facebook replied me not $683 but $583

S9+ 64gb black

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Enette

Reaction score
M at Samsung centre, was told can trade in phone on the spot n pay the differences. Duno true or not lor

ttytwe

Reaction score
yes. can. backup ur data to sd card via smart switch. i today livechat with samsung sc liao. and also read up about trade up on samsung website.

M at Samsung centre, was told can trade in phone on the spot n pay the differences. Duno true or not lor

ttytwe

Reaction score
i check with mobile shop at arcade, they said note8 market outside take in about $500. i reckon still samsung trade up more value. will. continue to ask more shop and get more quote. i getting my note9 on 22aug. full retail price coz cannot recontract with starhub. my note 8 recontract last year sept . this year note9 out one month earlier lor :look:

AWholeNewWorld

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just when I'm about to be convinced of the Exynos set.

Note 9 I received was the version intended for the Asian market, which sports Samsung’s proprietary octa-core Exynos 9810 chipset. I’ll get to it: based on my limited time with the devices, the Exynos is not as powerful as the Snapdragon 845. The Mali G72 on board the Samsung also pales in comparison to the Adreno graphics found on most Snapdragon flagships.

I encountered a few frozen apps within my five days with the phone. Not of the momentarily frozen kind, either – they were the type that required me to kill the app.

I’ve just reviewed the LG G7+ ThinQ, which had a Snapdragon 845 chipset on board. I found its flat-out, effortless capability in such a light, compact form factor to be an . The Exynos 9810 didn’t perform well on benchmarks, coming in behind its Snapdragon counterpart.

Despite this, on AnTuTu, the Samsung, at 83,553, beat LG’s CPU score of 72,347. For GPU, the Samsung’s 94,680 loses out to the LG’s 98,229. Other benchmark applications reflected a slight advantage to the Snapdragon chip. Lucky Americans.

VRzone trustworthy?

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
i check with mobile shop at arcade, they said note8 market outside take in about $500. i reckon still samsung trade up more value. will. continue to ask more shop and get more quote. i getting my note9 on 22aug. full retail price coz cannot recontract with starhub. my note 8 recontract last year sept . this year note9 out one month earlier lor :look:
Samsung is pushing quite hard on Note9 this time round causing huge price drop on Note8. Normally, second hand price for note series is higher than S series.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.