learning japanese

Idme231

Reaction score
Self study is challenging as you may not have a proper learning route and structure. That being said, it is still not so bad at N4 as there are still materials that guide you. Pass that I will advise to take a class.

Anyway for JLPT prep class, I like the ones at Ikoma. Pace is fast and cover the essential grammar points, drills vocab, reading, and provide a lot of material for practice including listening. Many mock tests in between as well and the homeworks force you to really make an effort.

Actually normally i will just use the grammar books ( those JLPT book with the worms on it )
To drill my weakness , explaination is all given there. If i were to pass this level, next level will be on class already. No more self studying.

yuukiXkaname

Reaction score
Hi,

I want to start studying N2 in Japan and hopefully be able to finish it within 6 months. So far I have narrowed down to 2 schools after speaking with them: ISI Takadanobaba and Akamonkai after looking through their course schedule too.

Does anyone know which school is better?

Idme231

Reaction score
Hi,

I want to start studying N2 in Japan and hopefully be able to finish it within 6 months. So far I have narrowed down to 2 schools after speaking with them: ISI Takadanobaba and Akamonkai after looking through their course schedule too.

Does anyone know which school is better?

Have you checked the price too? I used to subscribe emails by one of the schools and i see its slightly expensive.

6 months is alittle too quick isnt it

yuukiXkaname

Reaction score
Have you checked the price too? I used to subscribe emails by one of the schools and i see its slightly expensive.

6 months is alittle too quick isnt it

The course schedule in ISI does show that you can hit N2 within 6 months and since Akamonkai is much more intensive, they should be able to do it too.

As for the cost, I'm fine with both. I'm just not too sure which to go to since I don't want to land in a bad school as I aim to finish my N2 while spending my 6 months there studying as well as using the immersion to try an speed up the progress hence I'm asking for opinions on either of the schools.

zhirong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The course schedule in ISI does show that you can hit N2 within 6 months and since Akamonkai is much more intensive, they should be able to do it too.

As for the cost, I'm fine with both. I'm just not too sure which to go to since I don't want to land in a bad school as I aim to finish my N2 while spending my 6 months there studying as well as using the immersion to try an speed up the progress hence I'm asking for opinions on either of the schools.

From 0 to N2 in 6 months? Or do you already have some foundations?

0 to N2 is going to be tough to achieve in 6 mths. If that is the case, I would go for the more intensive school.

yuukiXkaname

Reaction score
From 0 to N2 in 6 months? Or do you already have some foundations?

0 to N2 is going to be tough to achieve in 6 mths. If that is the case, I would go for the more intensive school.

From N3 to N2. Hence I'm gathering opinion on which is a better school.

Ah_keong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is possible in Japan from 0 to reach N1 in 12 months....
everyday you would be immersed in Japanese as you are in "survival mode"

PingJun

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For me, I learn Japanese language through Chinese language.

There's a Taiwanese teacher teaching Japanese language. What makes it special is that he makes use of technology to teach Japanese language, and put his lessons in his learning website. You must register 1st and bought his lessons before you can watch his lessons. The lessons can be watched anytime.

In addition, he will also do LIVE on every Sunday night to answer queries on a few questions asked by students.

He opens a Japanese language learning school in Taiwan.

zhirong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How Long would it take to be fluent in Japanese? ... I only speak English

Depends. If you ask me, I will say 6 years with weekly lessons + lots of speaking practices and maybe thousand+ hour consuming Japanese media. My definitition of fluent is to be able to hold a decent conversation at a comfortable speed on topics that is deeper than just daily conversation. Reading and understanding Japanese newspaper and novel, listening to Japanese podcasts with no difficulties.

Some may be faster and some slower.

Idme231

Reaction score
you have attended before ? is it more of those casual kinds

Yes, casua. my ex-sensei is umm
doesn't teach much and tend to give very little about the culture. Always sometimes early end class.

But idk tho, some senseis teach differently. it was back 2015 winter when i started learning japanese tho.
But at least, they teach u hiragana, katakana and etc.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.