Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemo88

Reaction score
What’s worth the ‘money’? Sorry your question is really lacking an objective value measure.

SQ only need to spend $2k, shorter travel time. Why is this not an obvious choice - only you yourself can answer.

luvenergy

Reaction score
What’s worth the ‘money’? Sorry your question is really lacking an objective value measure.

SQ only need to spend $2k, shorter travel time. Why is this not an obvious choice - only you yourself can answer.
$2k is only for kids’ air ticket,like i already mentioned in my first post that adult tickets ($1.3k per pax) will be redeemed using krisflyer miles. my qns is shld i just buy ana since it’s overall more reasonable priced(saved the krisflyers miles for other trips) or go for sq though paying $2k for kids ticket which is so much ex compared to other airline

nemo88

Reaction score
$2k is only for kids’ air ticket,like i already mentioned in my first post that adult tickets ($1.3k per pax) will be redeemed using krisflyer miles. my qns is shld i just buy ana since it’s overall more reasonable priced(saved the krisflyers miles for other trips) or go for sq though paying $2k for kids ticket which is so much ex compared to other airline

Honestly then how you value the miles vs cash outlay is an equation only you alone know. Asking other people is really not very useful in such scenarios.

I wouldn’t fly ANA simply because of the added stopover on the way to Osaka. And like Gixx I wouldn’t redeem economy class to Japan. So what’s the trade off? Only you know.

luvenergy

Reaction score
Honestly then how you value the miles vs cash outlay is an equation only you alone know. Asking other people is really not very useful in such scenarios.

I wouldn’t fly ANA simply because of the added stopover on the way to Osaka. And like Gixx I wouldn’t redeem economy class to Japan. So what’s the trade off? Only you know.

i am just asking for opinion since i dun across this often

nemo88

Reaction score
i am just asking for opinion since i dun across this often

it will really depend on how easily you earn airmiles and how much you value them. If you don’t easily earn them and will find it hard to get enough for business class tickets, then spending it on a family holiday is a nice way to ‘share’ the wealth .... sometimes family members get extra satisfaction from a ‘free ticket’. Plus you will get to fly to Osaka direct.

If you think you can earn more and get business class tickets in the future - then maybe save it up for a special trip with your wife (and no kids if you can arrange it), and pay for the family to fly ANA instead.

chopra

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, going to osaka. staying near jr namba station. out of our 5 days there, we plan to travel to kyoto, nara n usj. which pass do you suggest so that we can optimise e ticket with most convenience.

Last edited:

Vulpix

Reaction score
Ok, I've decided to go Tokyo next year. One of the places I plan to go outside of Tokyo is Hakone, is 1 day trip enough? Where else should I go that's outside of Tokyo? Already planned to stay 4d3n in Tokyo itself, got a few days to spend outside of it.

Vulpix

Reaction score
hi, going to osaka. staying near jr namba station. out of our 5 days there, we plan to travel to kyoto, nara n usj. which pass do you suggest so that we can optimise e ticket with most convenience.

Actually if you are going so nearby only, just use their normal ICOCA card. No need to get the Kansai pass. Your trips not that expensive, Nara and Kyoto not even that far apart. If you wish to estimate, try using google maps and put in the locations, they will give you a price to and fro.

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok, I've decided to go Tokyo next year. One of the places I plan to go outside of Tokyo is Hakone, is 1 day trip enough? Where else should I go that's outside of Tokyo? Already planned to stay 4d3n in Tokyo itself, got a few days to spend outside of it.

JSM...So fast planing next trip, moi ish reco chiu to stay one night in hakone at one of the onsen..

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
JSM...So fast planing next trip, moi ish reco chiu to stay one night in hakone at one of the onsen..

Is 1 night stay enough? It takes 85 mins to reach Odawara and maybe max 1 hr till the Gotemba. Attractions usually take 30 mins-1hr depending on human traffic. Not sure if half day + next day(depending on when u want go back to tokyo) would be enough?

Vulpix

Reaction score

Confirm will stay 1 night at Hakone, ready to burn money for 1 room there, wonder if in-room onsen got bo. That time go Kinosaki no such thing, their law there is the onsen must be in shared area.

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is 1 night stay enough? It takes 85 mins to reach Odawara and maybe max 1 hr till the Gotemba. Attractions usually take 30 mins-1hr depending on human traffic. Not sure if half day + next day(depending on when u want go back to tokyo) would be enough?

The classic round trip, about 1/2 day or more lor..Morning reach, go deposit luggage/bag at locker then start the journey, finish already grab bag then go check in R&R..

Confirm will stay 1 night at Hakone, ready to burn money for 1 room there, wonder if in-room onsen got bo. That time go Kinosaki no such thing, their law there is the onsen must be in shared area.

There is..Ex colleague stayed there before with pte onsen..Forgot the name thou.

princessreiko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes, Hakone can be done in 1 day.

Best is to buy it from Klook.

https://www.klook.com/activity/821-hakone-transport-day-pass-tokyo/

Then you can refer to this website on how to tour the place on your own.

https://www.odakyu.jp/english/passes/hakone/

Vulpix

Reaction score
Yes, Hakone can be done in 1 day.

Best is to buy it from Klook.

https://www.klook.com/activity/821-hakone-transport-day-pass-tokyo/

Then you can refer to this website on how to tour the place on your own.

https://www.odakyu.jp/english/passes/hakone/

Alright, then where else should I go that's near Tokyo? My plan is:

XYX -> Hakone 2d1n -> Tokyo 4d3n. Not sure where to go for XYX but I want it to be near Tokyo that side. No Osaka/Kyoto please, already went there in March.

nemo88

Reaction score

princessreiko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Am I missing something about the Klook deal - it’s the same price as buying from the Odakyu counter and you’re required it pick up the ticket from the counter anyway so....?

If u buy from Klook, you don't need to Q up at Odakyu (which can be very long) to buy the pass.

You just need to go to their counter to collect the pass by showing Klook's e- voucher.
No picking up of voucher is required.
Klook will email you the e- voucher.

Klook selling at exactly the same price as Odakyu counter but you pay Klook SGD (so no foreign exchange fees) whereas at Odakyo you are paying in Yen.

princessreiko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Alright, then where else should I go that's near Tokyo? My plan is:

XYX -> Hakone 2d1n -> Tokyo 4d3n. Not sure where to go for XYX but I want it to be near Tokyo that side. No Osaka/Kyoto please, already went there in March.

If you have such limited time in Tokyo, do spend time exploring Tokyo itself.

You may like to use this website as a guide.

https://www.visitacity.com/en/tokyo/itinerary-by-day/3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.