Nvidia Shield TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoneLink

Reaction score
If you havent buy the set with a controller, get the ones with controller.
If you already bought the set without a controller, you can use a PS4 controller or any bluetooth controller.
Dont get me wrong, the nvidia controller is a good controller just that it is pricy to get on its own.

Oh..i need to get 2 controller..so i buy the set with controller and get another playstation controller is more worth it?

Aditshar

Reaction score
If you going for 2 controllers setup, you can opt for another nvidia controller. When playing local co-op games, your partner cant say its the controller's fault for losing the game. Lol.

The nvidia thunderstrike gamepad is not cheap in my opinion but if you have the spare cash and will use google assistant button on the controller often, then the nvidia gamepad will be a good choice.

The PS4 controller is good alternative controller for lesser the price.

I own 3 sets of nvidia thunderstrike gamepads, 2 pair of PS4 gamepads and 3 other generic bluetooth gamepads for group gaming. Most of the time, everyone will fight for the nvidia gamepad, 😆

Oh..i need to get 2 controller..so i buy the set with controller and get another playstation controller is more worth it?

JayceOoiCom

Reaction score
If you going for 2 controllers setup, you can opt for another nvidia controller. When playing local co-op games, your partner cant say its the controller's fault for losing the game. Lol.

The nvidia thunderstrike gamepad is not cheap in my opinion but if you have the spare cash and will use google assistant button on the controller often, then the nvidia gamepad will be a good choice.

The PS4 controller is good alternative controller for lesser the price.

I own 3 sets of nvidia thunderstrike gamepads, 2 pair of PS4 gamepads and 3 other generic bluetooth gamepads for group gaming. Most of the time, everyone will fight for the nvidia gamepad, 😆

Same here... +1

wai

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyway to watch hong kong drama / movies or even live TVB channels like those china tv box?

mamboeidos

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
jus to share..managed to get the homerun and antenna.

tried 3 app
1. live channel ( using hdrun and aurora tv as source) - somehow subtitle dun work. no epg. if use aurora as source, for some reason, first load will not load channel. need to switch channel upon load and it will be ok.
2. hdrun app - same as above. no epg
3. aurora tv - got epg and subtitle. so far think this is the best option.
only thing is aurora tv is some what an subscription app.....so not sure how it works...so far haven seen any ad yet. maybe need to watch long duration den will have ad....cant confirm.yet so no time test.

U hot with 25% off ah? Mine the code expired sian

Mr_YA_HA

Reaction score
U hot with 25% off ah? Mine the code expired sian

ya...go dig my old mail and found the code. though the mail indicate the code expired, it seems to work. the 25% is before tax. so after add tax... almost back to normal price. haha..

but vpost managed to get $15 off coupon. so shipping is $15.50.

xolatw

Reaction score
Been using e android TV app but can't seem to use the keyboard within the app to search in the YouTube app. Any idea how I can fix this?

DerekTsang

Reaction score
Got mine yesterday.. Still figuring out how to utilize this lovely tv box. I have some questions hope someone here can help:

1) I search and found out that the "Live channel" tv apps is pre-installed but its not reflected on the home screen favorites, I try to add it in the "add favorite" section but cant locate the apps? The other downloaded apps is displayed there.

2) Is there any 4k live tv apps available? I downloaded the mobdro apps but the video quality is not really good.

Thank you!

grynove

Reaction score
anyone having the old shield tv box 2015. updated to oreo android. my shield now unusable. haissh

DerekTsang

Reaction score
Bro, sorry about chim but what is the thing u need? An app? Or buy some hardware?

U said can view on other display also ?

Hi Bro, this seems to be the things I'm looking for my shield tv.
After a few set up I managed to watch live football, but Im still looking for a reliable live channels apps that show Food Channel for my wife.

Reading your post, i understand I need to buy the HDHomeRun UK version, and then download the apps it will sync with the live channels apps correct?
Is there anything else i needed to set up this HDHomeRun Live channels?

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u got the right apps that shows EPL den yes u can watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.