Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Status
Not open for further replies.

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Woodward is on the phone to Zidane right now. He looks genuinely in disbelief there when the camera caught him

Also why are we attempting to play the ball out from the back? We don't have the players to do it like City, so why do it and invite unnecessary pressure to ourselves? This is quite bizarre. I had to laugh at ourselves that we are so bad today. Conceding three goals to Brighton of all teams, credit to them though. They wanted it more

Meanwhile Spurs next. Harry Kane is gonna gobble up Bailly and Lindelof. Please put in back Smalling lah

Ottoke

Reaction score
NEXT MANCHESTER UNITED FIXTURE

28 August 2018, Tuesday

Premier League 2018/19
3am - Manchester United vs Tottenham Hotspur [MUNTOT]
mio Stadium 102 (Singtel TV Channel 102, StarHub TV Channel 227)

Fattyboiboi

Master Member
Reaction score
Good timing. Save us the misery of watching United play.

NEXT MANCHESTER UNITED FIXTURE

28 August 2018, Tuesday

Premier League 2018/19
3am - Manchester United vs Tottenham Hotspur [MUNTOT]
mio Stadium 102 (Singtel TV Channel 102, StarHub TV Channel 227)

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This season DDG not that good. Maybe affected by his poor performance at the World Cup.

white_prince

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
With so much negativity from JM
And the end of his ERA by the board.
I hope Man U bring in Zidane earlier

ticcan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
woodward fuming, tell u what the fans are fuming at u too for not delivering the players Jose wants.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good timing. Save us the misery of watching United play.

Who knows we might win it. Remember win against strong team to make fans happy for a while and the press to shut up. Our defence will suddenly be World Class and DDG will make his usual saves. Raise confidence and repeat today is just a blip and that we are back in business.

Skip the next 2 away games against Burnley and Watford cos those are the ones we will play miserably. Players will play like they just met 1st time during warm up. Entire team will be non existance and DDG will somehow let in fluke goals cos the opponents will score some super awesome flick that tricked everyone ala Messi.

Repeat until season is gone by 1st October and JM will remind the press what he said during pre season. "I told you so, this will be a difficult season" and start hinting to the board to get so and so world class defender in Jan.

In Jan, he gets his player, team stops conceeding goals, but the players are still not scoring (cos he sold away the non-performing wingers/strikers like Martial, Mata etc) and instead of losing, goes on a draw spree...getting knocked out of cup competitions in replays and PK shootouts. JM tells the press, if he had gotten his player in summer instead of Jan, they will be higher up the table cos the losses would have been wins or draws instead.

By March when can no longer qualify for UCL or Europa, club finally decides they cannot tolerate anymore and decide to sack him. By then another club already sign Zidane to be their manager while we promote Carrick to be caretaker.

I really hope I'm wrong in all of the above though. :s13::s13:

Fattyboiboi

Master Member
Reaction score
You sound 100% right! Hahahah

Who knows we might win it. Remember win against strong team to make fans happy for a while and the press to shut up. Our defence will suddenly be World Class and DDG will make his usual saves. Raise confidence and repeat today is just a blip and that we are back in business.

Skip the next 2 away games against Burnley and Watford cos those are the ones we will play miserably. Players will play like they just met 1st time during warm up. Entire team will be non existance and DDG will somehow let in fluke goals cos the opponents will score some super awesome flick that tricked everyone ala Messi.

Repeat until season is gone by 1st October and JM will remind the press what he said during pre season. "I told you so, this will be a difficult season" and start hinting to the board to get so and so world class defender in Jan.

In Jan, he gets his player, team stops conceeding goals, but the players are still not scoring (cos he sold away the non-performing wingers/strikers like Martial, Mata etc) and instead of losing, goes on a draw spree...getting knocked out of cup competitions in replays and PK shootouts. JM tells the press, if he had gotten his player in summer instead of Jan, they will be higher up the table cos the losses would have been wins or draws instead.

By March when can no longer qualify for UCL or Europa, club finally decides they cannot tolerate anymore and decide to sack him. By then another club already sign Zidane to be their manager while we promote Carrick to be caretaker.

I really hope I'm wrong in all of the above though. :s13::s13:

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Doom and gloom, Even our own fans has lost faith already

Learn from JM himself mah...."It's gonna be a difficult season. Everything's difficult, pre-season, transfer etc etc" if manager not confident of the team's abilities to challenge for the title, what do you think of the fans and current players confidence in approaching every match?

You lose the war even before the battle has started. It's a losers mentality.

Winner's mentality: If they score 1, we will score 2.
Loser's mentality: We are playing to avoid defeat. Its a bonus if we manage to score and its the winning goal.

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/socc...regrettable-quotes-this-season-020145822.html

Remember these quotes? None of it will look out of place if JM or any fan said it now. :(

mazdaRX

Master Member
Reaction score
back to euston? might not. it takes a while to get back to Manchester Piccadilly. what is the last available timing?

As per what another suggested, I chose to stay another night and went to the stadium tour the day after before heading out of Manchester.

I see. I will go for the tour on fri, match on sat. As my flight is sunday afternoon, its either do s late train out back to london or sun morn do an early train back to london straight to airport. Thanks for the advice everyone..cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.