Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Status
Not open for further replies.

123kidy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bailly has the speed but too relax on the ball and he's super rash with challenges

lindelof seems like a average defender. his positioning is quite bad(from yesterday's game)
i hope he proves me wrong though

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
How to clear when no one buying our defender and people are charging so high for people we want?

If i'm woody and with books to balance, i also won't go out and buy a CD.

123kidy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
come on you ple why blame jose? blame woody...jose already pre warn asking for defender . woody want ai pi ai ci ....

yes jose gt 5 c.defenders but i believe that woody job to clear not jose liao as he is now just a ' coach' . transfer dealing not his problem liao

yesterday game is human mistake not jose fault...only fault maybe why play young and perrira?...not mctominay....

y cannot blame him? he's the manager and chooses the team. are you saying the entire squad is not good enough? and the lineup yesterday is not good enough to beat brighton??

he is the one who bought the 2 central defenders that cost how much? 70m combined?

how bt fred and pogba? almost 150m pounds. and striker? 75m?

entire spine are his players. on paper it's good enough to beat such a team

everyone has been asking pereira to be included and given a chance and now he is playing and you are asking why is he playing?

young wise, you might have a good reason to question. maybe darmian is leaving by end month? or possibly injured or something

croc1977

Banned
Reaction score
y cannot blame him? he's the manager and chooses the team. are you saying the entire squad is not good enough? and the lineup yesterday is not good enough to beat brighton??

he is the one who bought the 2 central defenders that cost how much? 70m combined?

how bt fred and pogba? almost 150m pounds. and striker? 75m?

entire spine are his players. on paper it's good enough to beat such a team

everyone has been asking pereira to be included and given a chance and now he is playing and you are asking why is he playing?

young wise, you might have a good reason to question. maybe darmian is leaving by end month? or possibly injured or something
then work what you have and don't blame him totally for the results.
if defenders cannot clear that woody problem. but getting a central defender was priority because all the 5 cmi....

for example ....

you bot for your wife a note 9...she use it but found interface not that performance and want to change back to ios...u say no till ssll your note 9...then i buy.....u see your wife will be the attitude...

now jose attitude is similar . yes he bot those 2 but those 2 after found are crap...of cos u want new ones cos they are cmi.if u force them stay you get cmi result lor...

i sarpork jose...

123kidy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
then work what you have and don't blame him totally for the results.
if defenders cannot clear that woody problem. but getting a central defender was priority because all the 5 cmi....

for example ....

you bot for your wife a note 9...she use it but found interface not that performance and want to change back to ios...u say no till ssll your note 9...then i buy.....u see your wife will be the attitude...

now jose attitude is similar . yes he bot those 2 but those 2 after found are crap...of cos u want new ones cos they are cmi.if u force them stay you get cmi result lor...

i sarpork jose...

you urself said it. work with what you got. he got an entire squad of very good players to work with. now you whinning about not getting one defender

and do you know ho many millions he was given and how much spent on getting these players. he had all the financial support for the past 2 years

5 def cmi? can i remind again you he is the one who bought 2 of them and dont even use them last season
and we have the second best defence last season

besides smalling/jones did win the premier league title under another manager b4

so you are saying JM bought 2 cmi defenders?

frankly im more concerned about the general gameplay of this team (despite spending well over 300m) instead over crying over a defender

Mancunian2

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Matic is missing, that's why
he is the fulcrum of the team

at this rate, moaningho may not last beyond this season
the 3rd season syndrome is manifesting again ....

Greysky

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
stay calm ..... think things will get better after the international break. Players need more time to train and get fitness.

lukaku already peng san after 60 mins :s13:

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Cannot accept this reason of players need more time to train and get fitness.

How long they need? After the WC they already have enough break and rest.

Both the manchester clubs send tons of players to the WC, how come one got back their fitness so fast and one still need more time??

Make no sense to me.

zhaohan

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
come on you ple why blame jose? blame woody...jose already pre warn asking for defender . woody want ai pi ai ci ....

yes jose gt 5 c.defenders but i believe that woody job to clear not jose liao as he is now just a ' coach' . transfer dealing not his problem liao

yesterday game is human mistake not jose fault...only fault maybe why play young and perrira?...not mctominay....

last night was the exact example of why jose needed the players he asked for
our defense was bad, the 2 CBs were exposed because of the 2 fullbacks, they were letting in crosses like xmas
right flank was bad, young is a temp solution but clearly not a good solution and mata is not a right winger

Greysky

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cannot accept this reason of players need more time to train and get fitness.

How long they need? After the WC they already have enough break and rest.

Both the manchester clubs send tons of players to the WC, how come one got back their fitness so fast and one still need more time??

Make no sense to me.

and look what happened to kevin de bruyne now for coming back 1 week earlier then the england boys.

can't deny there's an ed woodward factor involve in all of these negativity.

fat_boyz

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you urself said it. work with what you got. he got an entire squad of very good players to work with. now you whinning about not getting one defender

What good players?? Players with good potential before they were bought? Or players playing good football for the club now?

Every transfer comes with the expectation that the player bought can fulfill their potential with their skill, athleticism, teamwork and heart week in week out for the club.

We, Man Utd, are not a mediocre club. I say, despite the on-field performances since SAF retired, we are still a world class club. Before we slide into 20 year mediocrity, duds, deadwood and cancer need to be culled asap and replaced by players/manager who can deliver results which are up to expectation.

A player is only good for us if he performs consistently at 99-120% of expectation when donning our kit in competitions.

Over the course of the last 2 seasons, and this pre-season, the manager can see who is not performing as expected, us fans can see for ourselves too.

The pre-season transfer debacle showed that Mourinho was trying to do his job by demanding that the standard of players be upped to at least match the other teams who have already surpassed us or are on the up.

Having seen what our current bunch has done in the last 2 seasons, can we honestly say we have that standard to be a contender for any honors now? The keyword is now...

Our club needs to be equipped to challenge for silverware as we have done in the last 20+ years and should always continue to do so.

just my 2 cents after all the crap I've seen from the players in the last few years.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, all in all a very bad day yesterday. But I do hope JoseM starts coming out with a more fixed starting 11. Doesn't help we have such a big squad and everyone needs to be kept happy because as one "big" player said, he plays better when happy. (of course I call that BS)
Would we have been better with AlexisS yesterday? I don't know, but we'd probably see more intent and drive to get forward.
And yes, I think LukeS put in a good shift yesterday, though he'll need some more time to develop an on-pitch understanding with whoever is going to be the more regular left winger/forward.
Let's see how we do against Spurs next Monday night.

Greysky

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No wonder... diff too big. We too slack. So long still haven get back fitness.

it's no secret they have a bigger squad than us .....

considering that there are reserve players playing in our pre-season games it's already quite clear ain't in?

Not sure if the pre-season injuries to the non world cup going players during pre season meant we were slack tho...... :o

DanielTng

Master Member
Reaction score
How to clear when no one buying our defender and people are charging so high for people we want?

If i'm woody and with books to balance, i also won't go out and buy a CD.

The result last night was a no surprise. Saw it coming by the end of the last season and seeing that the club is sticking to its manager, we just have to sit back and leave it to them.

Crying and shouting or getting high blood pressure won't help.

Whom they want to buy, whom they want to sell, whom they want as manager is not within what we can control.

Unlike the days of PhD when we know that the club will get rid of him when the fans went berserk, this time around I can see that the club is prepared to hang on to the manager and let him work things out.

This being the case, as fans we will just have to wait and see whether we will see another Sir Alex. Sad to say, the first sign isn't good. While Sir Alex will work closely with the people on top of him and live with whatever that he had or that the club can afford and make the football do the talking, the manager is shouting aloud his disgruntle before the season even started. So, what would we expect.

So while we can shout as much as we want and bash at each other from our varying views on the situations developing and the different position that we may take, we are not going to change things if the club cannot get the unity and solving the situation in front of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.