Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 33

Status
Not open for further replies.

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am a very patient guy, i can wait for possible or eventual success if we have to go through ups and downs like these. And i think the United board are as well, seeing the amount of time they gave to Moyes and Louis before deciding enough is enough. But i have to say Ed wasn’t very impressed by what he saw after the final whistle last night, that was a look of disapproval and disgust

First defeat and is already a crisis? I am not going to blame Ed or Jose, both of them need to do better at their jobs instead of going on their individual wars or agendas. There is no more Sir Alex to knit everything together all by himself now. I think the players know Ed obviously has the power though

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
20yrs ago you can slowly introduce a young team and grow them. Bring forward 2018 coming to 2019 20yrs later, you cannot do this now.

Manchester united is no longer JUST a football club. It is now a business. Business need success.

123kidy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
20yrs ago you can slowly introduce a young team and grow them. Bring forward 2018 coming to 2019 20yrs later, you cannot do this now.

Manchester united is no longer JUST a football club. It is now a business. Business need success.

yes but you need to back up with the money you spent and answerable to the board as well

600-700m pounds spent on players and what did they achieve? can anyone really blame ed?:s11:

what should he be telling the board.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
those were Scholes words :s22:
By saying its all individual mistakes, he's putting the blame on the players...but not on himself, his tactics and his team selection. That's what he does best anyway. It's always someone else's fault when things go wrong...when things go right, he's the special one. His subs work, his tactics work etc. He put in 3 early subs, that's his plan B. It didn't work cos he simply have no clue on how to attack. We scored late in stoppage time and through what? a PK? So his plan B is to pump in the ball from defence and hope to get a PK?

this is what JM said..

The Portuguese conceded his squad made "big mistakes" in their second game of the Premier League season but refused to single anyone out for blame.

"Look, when I speak about individual displays and am critical with my players, you don't accept it," Mourinho told Sky after the game. "The press and pundits criticise when I go in that direction.

"I'll analyse my players' performances when they are very good. When I can't do that, don't push me to the other side."

Mourinho suggested he had taken reaction to his comments last season to heart, telling the BBC: "I have to learn from my reality."

Last edited:

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Zidane is the hot flavour now lor. I bet Ed will be selling the Man United brand to him soon

I actually dunno how to see him. On one hand he won the CL three times in a row so there must be something there in him. On the other hand, is he tactically better than say someone like Giggsy, never mind Jose

beano

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes but you need to back up with the money you spent and answerable to the board as well

600-700m pounds spent on players and what did they achieve? can anyone really blame ed?:s11:

what should he be telling the board.

This season he can tell the board he saved about 150m, can distribute to shareholders as dividends! Shareholders damn happy!

xiaogin

Master Member
Reaction score
Mourinho already dropped hint that see where we are in Dec/Jan.
Nothing much has changed though, still same clueless football. Defend/Counter Attack? Hmm I don't even see us doing a decent counter attack tbh.
We lost the "fear factor" on the pitch, all teams are motivated to attack us. Take for instance Huddersfield, they literally parked the whole bus against City last night and City attack came left right centre. This is the kind of Fear Factor which City has created under Pep. Don't we used to do this too? I agree it's a long process to regain our identity but after spending so much money, we still can't attack properly?

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
also a defensive setup. the difference is his attacking players are miles ahead of ours
Zidane is the hot flavour now lor. I bet Ed will be selling the Man United brand to him soon

I actually dunno how to see him. On one hand he won the CL three times in a row so there must be something there in him. On the other hand, is he tactically better than say someone like Giggsy, never mind Jose

urban_closet

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AM11 looks like he is slowly out the door. Given the chance yesterday, i fail to see how he deserved it. He only has that many chances to prove he has a future at United (let alone another club)

AP and Fred too raw, not used to the intensity of BPL football yet. Fumbles a bit when closed down quickly.. still needs a bit of time to bed in

My humble take on JM, next few games extremely impt to show this 'rot' that started from pre-season is nothing more than a fluke. The pressure has been building up on him (though i feel slightly unfairly). Match commentators are all against him - nothing positive was said about united at all.. and this was before the first goal!!

Fattyboiboi

Master Member
Reaction score
Ytd I told u don't bet on united liao. United play so cui. They let u win one time and make u lose the handicap another 9 times.

Me so angry
Yester bet 7 matches won 6
My fav team deny me of jackpot (at times I tot lvg was with the team)

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now sign who also no use, the tactics aren’t right and overly negative. No matter how the players we have shortlisted are performing at their current clubs, come join liao confirm drop 30% or more.

It’s quite sad that for the past 2 years, most of the players Jose bought haven’t become proper first team material yet. I see the players play ytd, damn disappointed. It’s about how we lost the game, it was simply pathetic.

Can’t help but mentally prepare myself for the disastrous 3rd season syndrome coming up.

croc1977

Banned
Reaction score

is he really tactically better? or becos he got CR7 , ramos , bale , and gang...i doubt he is better till he manage another league

like gardionda...

he got barca win UCL but go bayern can't win except bunderliga cos no $

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We’ll probably beat Spurs next week and it will be their turn to meltdown. Jose excels in the big games where tactics are more apparent. No one misses Alexis last night? He is so much better on the left than simi Martial or Rashford

#MourinhoOut

Reaction score
It makes you wonder, Sarri, who never had any EPL experience, can have his Chelsea play proper attacking football, why a seasoned EPL winner into his 3rd season cannot have his players executing proper attacks. Sarri's players have to re-learn a new system, from defensive to attacking football. He was without his star player Hazard who has the heart to leave. He plays the likes of David Luiz, who this part of forum branded as a joke, the likes of Jorginho, who was branded cui, and the likes of Morata, who was branded cannot make it.

Last edited:

white_prince

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It makes you wonder, Sarri, who never had any EPL experience, can have his Chelsea play proper attacking football, why a seasoned EPL winner into his 3rd season cannot have his players executing proper attacks. His players have to re-learn a new system, from defensive to attacking football. He was without his star player Hazard who has the heart to leave. He plays the likes of David Luiz, who this part of forum branded as a joke, the likes of Jorginho, who was branded cui, and the likes of Morata, who was branded cannot make it.

They got the believe mentality that is lost in Man Utd

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TV cameras showed an angry-looking Woodward slumped back into his chair at the final whistle as he pursed his lips. The Old Trafford chief was then seen leaving his seat to rush into the dressing room in the aftermath.

He stayed there five minutes before leaving and not waiting for Mourinho, who was doing press interviews at the time, while typing a message out on his phone

apeape

Reaction score
or his tactics is out of touch
it's effective to a certain point against certain teams
but i dont like parking bus and hope to get a goal by counter attack
and also hoofing the ball upfield to afro and hope for the best

Agreed.

I mean, if you forummers can dictate and expect Mou to play that kind of tactic week in week out (for the past 2 years), of course the footballing geniuses in the EPL has already figured how to properly destroy Utd... but hey some of you still like Mou.. not our problem though.... support, support, support...

Last edited:

Greysky

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not sure how can you come out with this kind of statement? no good players in the squad?

i stand by what i say. our entire squad is enough to beat most teams in the league

like what i have said. JM is given more than enough financial support to build his team for the past 2years+. look at the amount of money spent and time given

from pogba world record transfer. to matic, lukaku, sanchez. even ddg
these players are definitely good enough.
isnt it the job of the manager to keep them motivated and play to their true abilities instead of constantly whacking them in the press?

or just sell them and spend millions again and hope the new player perform
is this what is happening to this club?

i dont think for once buying a new defender can miraculously turn us into a title contender

just look at the general gameplay and tactics we are deploying for the past few years?

then judge the team at the end of the season. not 2/38 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.