Status
Not open for further replies.

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
My tanks.....

20180820_193716_zpsl6qjqjnt.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

[url]http://[URL[/url]=http://s765.photobucket.com/user/Kyoko1982/media/20180820_193920_zps5pwku7nd.jpg.html][IMG]
http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx293/Kyoko1982/20180820_193920_zps5pwku7nd.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

20180820_193939_zpsthynnpgq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20180820_194058_zpsfbxdqcfs.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

You use plastic plants?
Can see your body. :D

Mila Azul

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. Need some help. I went holiday for 3 days and now my tank population is almost gone. Day 1, someone accidentally poured almost the whole fish feed into my tank but did not or dunno how to clear them. Day 2. My fish are mostly dead. Day 3, I came back and found my angelfish floating and lying flat. It's long fins and feeler fins are all gone. Can consider a gonna too. Total, I lost 1 good looking angelfish, 5 rainbow fish, 12 white cloud mountains, 1 bristlenose, 2 Cory, 1 oto. Survivors only 2 more Cory and 2 oto. I'm not sure if they can last.

My tank has sky high ammonia now. I did test. It was always yellow colour. Now the test is bluish green. I did more than half tank change. But theres still ammonia though slightly better than before the water change.

What should I do? Carry on changing water now? Or wait and see if ammonia will go down. The water is cloudy but clearing cos of my water change. I also washed my filter using old tank water.

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

Restart your tank will be better because leftover good will cause worm infestation.

So now all u can do is to bleach the whole tank > filter

AdizeroF50

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow how u keep your tank temp at 26.x degs? Air-conditioning?

After water change/tank servicing every Sat,I needed to run my AC as the one in the study room is underused.

I switch on for an hour or two and the water temperature lowers by itself.

Newbie12

Reaction score
who is that someone?
your family member?
Yes my dad...... I will try the seachem first.

Very sian. Everything was ok. I did my check weekly and I never seen blue colour in my ammonia testing b4. And now this. No I changed 3/4 and it's still greenish blue. Hope the plants and the chemical can stabilise it.

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
Yes my dad...... I will try the seachem first.

Very sian. Everything was ok. I did my check weekly and I never seen blue colour in my ammonia testing b4. And now this. No I changed 3/4 and it's still greenish blue. Hope the plants and the chemical can stabilise it.

what is done cannot be undone. and its your dad some more.
no point crying over it.

I flooded my whole house from my tank water causing $7K worth of damages before. hope this can make you feel better. :o

Newbie12

Reaction score
Restart your tank will be better because leftover good will cause worm infestation.

So now all u can do is to bleach the whole tank > filter
My bro helped me to suck out the food yesterday. He doesn't know anything abt aquariums but I saw that the food are taken out and the filter I have also rinsed.

Very lazy to restart bcos this is a new tank. 3ft x1.5 x1.5. was from 2ft x1 X2 tank. And it's supposed abt 2mths old only.

Newbie12

Reaction score
what is done cannot be undone. and its your dad some more.
no point crying over it.

I flooded my whole house from my tank water causing $7K worth of damages before. hope this can make you feel better. :o
Haha ok that instantly made me feel better.

Just find it a pity bcos I kept this angelfish for a year and it has nice temper. Doesn't chase small fish and has nice long finnage. Rainbow fish also starting to show colour. The tank seems like the community tank I want with a nice platanium angel as centre piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.