50 to 65" LED / OLED / LCD TV discussion thread II [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I saw a Sony model KD55X7500F going for about 1799 at HN, which got me thinking :s13:

That's good price if not display set.
But I think this model use a external power adapter? (Not sure for 55").

damnit

Reaction score
Looking for a 65” 4K TV for my dad. Are there any good choices currently?

kelvinsin

Reaction score
Mine has close to 3 more years local warranty. Is there an estimate market price for used 65" OLED?

Seldom seen offer on marketplaces. OLED biggest prob is potential image burnt mark and pixel color distortion after ageing. Who will take risk for an used set? I really doubt.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seldom seen offer on marketplaces. OLED biggest prob is potential image burnt mark and pixel color distortion after ageing. Who will take risk for an used set? I really doubt.

Yes, especially TV always at maximum brightness. Demo set is usually set to max.

Exia14

Reaction score
Hi all Sifus,

Went gaigai for a new TV at Courts@Tampines, saw a few model that falls within budget range. Wondering if anyone can give some comparison feedbacks on the models below or recommendation for other 55-60inch 4K Smart TV under $2K?

1. SHARP - UHD SMART TV (LC60UA6500X)
- They were playing Netflix trailers on this, machiam buay pai but never really see anyone mention it here even though it advertised that it's panels are made in JP. But website listed some "Upconvertor" as "4K Upconvertor", does it mean that its not truly displaying 3840x2160 but up scaled from 1920x1080?? wtf hows it possible lol

2. Samsung - 55" UHD 4K Smart TV NU7100 Series 7 (UA55NU7100KXXS) - $1599
- Playing stock Samsung footage, can't really tell how it performs but feels good from different angles. After reading more from previous posts, advise was to go for the 7400 series instead. Saw it on qoo10 listed by AH for $1655 compared to NU7100 $1599 @Courts. Wonder if anyone who got it or almost got it can share experience on worth it or not for either models.

3. 58" UHD 4K Smart TV NU7103 Series 7 (UA58NU7103KXXS) - $1699
- Also stock samsung footage, but priced at $1699 meaning $100 upgrade for 3" more to 7100 series. Not really sure how it compares except it looks slight better than 7100, may be due to HDR10+.

Comex also coming, should I wait to grab it during the fair? Always see alot of young couples camp at those huat lelong TV booth, or generally Comex promo more competitive? Paisei noobie here buying first television in life besides monitors.

Ed.YEO

Banned
Reaction score
1. SHARP - UHD SMART TV (LC60UA6500X)
- They were playing Netflix trailers on this, machiam buay pai but never really see anyone mention it here even though it advertised that it's panels are made in JP. But website listed some "Upconvertor" as "4K Upconvertor", does it mean that its not truly displaying 3840x2160 but up scaled from 1920x1080?? wtf hows it possible lol
Mustafa價錢$1199。60寸6800x系列有安卓智能系統,$1599。
本地聲寶牌電視馬來西亞造,一年保屏幕,其它部件全保三年+人工。

基本上,聲寶牌哩個系列屏幕係真4k屏幕。2k至4k畫質提升係後期處理。
即係話,本源2k(1080i/p)畫像通過系統設定,加上影像處理器功能加持,達到4k畫質效果。
我祗試過通過藍光影碟播放機播放一般影片達到哩個效果,公共廣播無。

Exia14

Reaction score
Mustafa價錢$1199。60寸6800x系列有安卓智能系統,$1599。
本地聲寶牌電視馬來西亞造,一年保屏幕,其它部件全保三年+人工。

基本上,聲寶牌哩個系列屏幕係真4k屏幕。2k至4k畫質提升係後期處理。
即係話,本源2k(1080i/p)畫像通過系統設定,加上影像處理器功能加持,達到4k畫質效果。
我祗試過通過藍光影碟播放機播放一般影片達到哩個效果,公共廣播無。

Thanks! And super appreciative on the detailed explanation of the Upconvertor and recomendation for the 6800 series. Saw another model, LG - UHD 55UK6320PTE with IPS display. Wondering why other manufacturers did not state their screen type, does anyone have any idea on how to find out more about a certain model panel type (TN,VA, IPS etc)?

Also if buying from Mustafa are there any things to look out or avoid?

williamgohsg

Reaction score
Quite good - our white goods are on HN protection care. You can find out more here: see how much are you spending first and you can see if you are keen on the insurance.

Register your claim online at www.productcareclaims.com or call our Customer Care team on 1800-4386393

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went to BD and HN and the sales guys said that their warranties cover burn in for OLED in the 4th and 5th year. How true is this?

cct75

Master Member
Reaction score
Quite good - our white goods are on HN protection care. You can find out more here: see how much are you spending first and you can see if you are keen on the insurance.

Register your claim online at www.productcareclaims.com or call our Customer Care team on 1800-4386393

The link mentioned does not cover this:

"Damage occurring during transportation, installation or whilst moving the warranted item."

So if the warranted item is being transported and installed by HN authorized vendors, they also do not cover?

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went to BD and HN and the sales guys said that their warranties cover burn in for OLED in the 4th and 5th year. How true is this?

Golden rule is never take sales guys word. Look into all small print. Do take note these people only sell you the contract. Fixing is done by another party.

One good example is my friend notebook PC with SSD module as cache drive. When the SSD bad, they just remove it and consider job done.

kelvinsin

Reaction score
The link mentioned does not cover this:

"Damage occurring during transportation, installation or whilst moving the warranted item."

So if the warranted item is being transported and installed by HN authorized vendors, they also do not cover?

Lemon law, 1 to 1 exchange from deliver date.

Kopi Gao

Reaction score
Is short throw projector (STP) the in-thing or in trend now? Although may need to mount screen on the wall? Thx and look forward to hear some comments.

sanilpriya

Reaction score
Anyone with experience with Harvey Norman extended warranty? Worthwhile to get?

It is really worth it. I bought a Sony smart LED TV 42" around 4 years+ back for my Aunt (Original 1 year warranty). Bought 5 year warranty together. Now she cannot see Youtube channels in the TV (network card spoiled). She called HN and they give her a brand new Sony 55" since they do not have the old model any more. I was surprised.

purpleberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is really worth it. I bought a Sony smart LED TV 42" around 4 years+ back for my Aunt (Original 1 year warranty). Bought 5 year warranty together. Now she cannot see Youtube channels in the TV (network card spoiled). She called HN and they give her a brand new Sony 55" since they do not have the old model any more. I was surprised.

That's nice. Any tips on how to make it spoil after 4 years? :s13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.