Reaction score
FuB4hKf.jpg

45r03oA.jpg

cTxpNeX.jpg

CWZ87IG.jpg

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Remember this is a WORKAROUND ONLY. Not an actual fix.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1475315218

Add -nofriendsui -udp

OR

-nofriendsui -tcp

On Launch options, as confirmed by chinese forums. This is the short answer.

Slightly long answer
according to our experiment the -udp switch works far better than -tcp, but YMMV. Apparently some ISP performs better than the others. Also switching to wired connection can help.

Here's how this works (as translated from the op. Credit wu360463231 in Steamcn forum):

The multiplayer is based on P2SP (peer to server and peer), in which players has to keep connections with other players and also Valve server.

There are Valve servers in Jiangsu, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, LA, and other regions. The server you connects to depends on the host. [...]

Error code 83: you are disconnected from Steam (Valve) service. (n.b. this is the case when you see bunch of Steam popups that your friends "started" playing games at once)

Error code 5038f: P2P host are d/c or is experiencing interruptions

If the host are d/c, all members in his/her server will be d/c and see 5038f error.

Solution: force Steam to use older Friends UI, which is based on an older protocol rather than WebSocket found in the new UI.

Hope this works for you.

D8RIIQt.png

my personal rationale:
Steam recently added the new UI about a month or so ago. but Crapcom did not update their game to make the necessary calls to the new UI and is in fact calling the legacy UI. that is why we need to force the old UI.
sigh.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The review seems like worst than blessing online

https://store.steampowered.com/app/582010/MONSTER_HUNTER_WORLD/

Sent from Sony Z4 using GAGT

Adelyte

Reaction score
The review seems like worst than blessing online

https://store.steampowered.com/app/582010/MONSTER_HUNTER_WORLD/

Sent from Sony Z4 using GAGT

Due to the server issue. Keep getting DC or not able to join parties.

I noticed everytime anyone DC, the previous session ID become locked out.

In order for parties to join each other again, everyone in the parties will have to create a new session id first. Then click on friend session to join Fren again.

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I noticed everytime anyone DC, the previous session ID become locked out.

In order for parties to join each other again, everyone in the parties will have to create a new session id first. Then click on friend session to join Fren again.

not necessary. just 1 person needs to create an online session then the friends can join on that person.

however if you are the session leader and you drop first, then very hard to return to your session. and chances are your friends will eventually drop from the session. GG.

but to be fair, the last 2 days was a real test. and turns out it did get slightly better. less session drops, even though the Steam chart indicates there were more players online through the entire day. FYI, i do not use any of the fancy parameters for steam launcher or game parameters anymore.

JyRkboD.png

which may make my theory of server maintenance possible.

Last edited:

Adelyte

Reaction score
not necessary. just 1 person needs to create an online session then the friends can join on that person.

however if you are the session leader and you drop first, then very hard to return to your session. and chances are your friends will eventually drop from the session. GG.

but to be fair, the last 2 days was a real test. and turns out it did get slightly better. less session drops, even though the Steam chart indicates there were more players online through the entire day. FYI, i do not use any of the fancy parameters for steam launcher or game parameters anymore.

JyRkboD.png

It's definitely getting better. But still happens

Reaction score

JyRkboD.png

which ISP? It drops like hell for me from morning until midnight. The only hour I can connect is between 11pm-12pm.

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
which ISP? It drops like hell for me from morning until midnight. The only hour I can connect is between 11pm-12pm.

ISP does not matter. Have friends who are playing overseas DURING our play time and they drop as well. The disconnection times are only during a certain window. Broadly it is around 6pm to 11pm. But last few days we been noticing it to occur between 8pm and 11+pm.

I'm on M1. Getting better last night 9pm-12am. Only have 2 drop.
Yeah I had about 2 or 3 disconnects last night around 8-9pm which is considerably better than the week before.

again i really suspect there is a server maintenance window on Steam's that is affecting everyone on Steam's network and thus affecting MHW's online sessions.

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To use Windows Backup to save your game folder:
Search Backup Settings > More Options and Select your save folder. Make the option as Daily.

How to Restore? Go to Control Panel. Click File History. Click Restore Personal File and search for the one before it was problematic.

backup-1.png

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.