Uber & Grabcar driver lip lai - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For me petrol car yesterday i use haf tank doing most lup sup trips.

Me is 1 tank 520-540km one. If keep drive like that 2 days pump once.

If i do cherry and cbd, 1 day less then 200km. Can tahan to 2.5-3 day then pump.

So in summary if hybrid u do lup sup if petrol car then choose wisely cos boh battery to tahan your mileage.

jimmylimts

Reaction score
This one i dun quite agree.

You see, fc the calculation also uses how far you travels. How can short trips causes lousy fc? At most drop a little then usual (due to start stops) sometimes even jam worst. 1 long trip end up 30-45mins to reach (if one end to another) and fare also not high.

But you see ah, u travel long distance dun have start stops? Even if use expressway also have especially pie during daytime (i dun drive night cos family time).

And for that miserable $1x fare u travel so long distance only to wait for next ping. I do cbd 1-2 trips already cover 1 long distance trips and each trip less then 4km apart.

The only bad thing about focusing cbd trips is you need lotsa of patience to wait for one to come to you and your AR will drop like birdshit.

The only thing you can argue is doing long distance maybe earn a few dollars more then i do a few short cbd trips. But i dun get so pek chek with bad traffic out there. Soon soon traffic in cbd (afternoon u rarely see jam unless got accident or road works).

Long trips wih surged fare is worth to do else i rather do short trips.

Means u don't understand the mechanics of how fuel is burnt.

Let's say car running at 2000rpm for 10min, you peng steering in CBD, maybe cover 4-5km. On expressway, maybe can cover 10km.

The car is burning the same amount of petrol for that 10mins at 2000rpm.

So u used the same amount of petrol to do 4-5km in CBD is similar to driving 10km on expressway. Start/Stop waste more petrol as u need to stop and wait, burning petrol but not moving.:)

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Technical aside u also never read what i posted.

The situation is daytime on expressway there is also lots of start stop also.

I am not night time driver and your theory applies if driving on night time cos 10km is almost non stop but u try drive non stop 10km (if thats even possible) on pie on a busy weekday afternoon as compare to i drive non stop 3-5km in cbd at the same timg (except traffic lights). I dun think my 2-5pm cbd driving is as bad as driving on expressways same timing.

Worst is to get stuck on expressway jams.
Means u don't understand the mechanics of how fuel is burnt.

Let's say car running at 2000rpm for 10min, you peng steering in CBD, maybe cover 4-5km. On expressway, maybe can cover 10km.

The car is burning the same amount of petrol for that 10mins at 2000rpm.

So u used the same amount of petrol to do 4-5km in CBD is similar to driving 10km on expressway. Start/Stop waste more petrol as u need to stop and wait, burning petrol but not moving.:)

Last edited:

Gruber

Reaction score
this is based on my experience, maybe the pros can advise

last time when i driving for U, i ping pong town (cbd to orchard, orchard to orchard, etc) my fc is really bad.

when i pump abt 35L of petrol, my mileage can only hit 834km-840km.

but when i was driving for G, the mixture of trips (long and short), my fc seems better. when i pump 35L, somehow i can drive up to 900km.

i am driving a prius hybrid, that why so high mileage :o

Wow your FC for Prius very good. Mine 35 litres at most 750km nia.

couscous

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i pump spc, lousy petrol :o

anyway, i dunnoe why there is a difference also

my hirer drive in e day and i drive in the night

my hirer drive abt 8 hrs otr, for me abt 3-4 hrs in e night

i anyhow zua one, coz i listen to lnmb, be fast or be last

surprisingly, i anyhow whack e pedal still can hit 900km :crazy:

Wow your FC for Prius very good. Mine 35 litres at most 750km nia.

mnxmnxmnx

Reaction score
Nowadays Grab give me quite a few times pick up 8 to 10mins away. I rather take long trips then short trips sometimes.

I know some of you will reject, can't blame.

jimmylimts

Reaction score

I am not night time driver and your theory applies if driving on night time cos 10km is almost non stop but u try drive non stop 10km (if thats even possible) on pie on a busy weekday afternoon as compare to i drive non stop 3-5km in cbd at the same timg (except traffic lights). I dun think my 2-5pm cbd driving is as bad as driving on expressways same timing.

Drive so long already. Should know which time which expressway got jam, cannot go one. All things/jams being equal, longer trips make more $$ than short trips. You time from the moment you start engine till you PK. Monitor and you will see the light.:)

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Talk is easy leh but in reality if u kena west to east (or reverse) try not using expressways at that timing. Street levels u also kena start stop traffic light even worst.

Drive so long already. Should know which time which expressway got jam, cannot go one. All things/jams being equal, longer trips make more $$ than short trips. You time from the moment you start engine till you PK. Monitor and you will see the light.:)

kl39717

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Might as well say everything u say or do is in ur favor bcos m sure if i say cbd a lot of scrubs loves making driver wait for that miserable $6 then u gonna say no leh mostly pick n go as they r already at the pickup point.

If u can keeps on getting stuck at expressway daytime non peak hr, u r probably in the wrong lane, 1 of the slow drivers or a hogger that kena play by other drivers.

Ur miserable $6 costs u 15mins to earn including ur wait time at pickup n maybe next ping still have to keep waiting or choose while people 30mins finish $18.

On the other hand, u happy can liao. No point arguing with u. I PSLE, U degree. Sure can do better things. :)

Gruber

Reaction score
i pump spc, lousy petrol :o

anyway, i dunnoe why there is a difference also

my hirer drive in e day and i drive in the night

my hirer drive abt 8 hrs otr, for me abt 3-4 hrs in e night

i anyhow zua one, coz i listen to lnmb, be fast or be last

surprisingly, i anyhow whack e pedal still can hit 900km :crazy:

I also pump SPC for cheapest petrol here. Only time when my car gets red bull grade petrol is when I pump in JB at even cheaper cost than SPC. My strategy on the road is to give priority to 6 seater trips because of the "inbuilt" surge fare. But when ping intervals are so long it becomes harder to focus on 6 seater jobs. But last Sunday was unusual, because ping interval so long I switched to both Grabcar and 6 seater modes, yet surprisingly almost 80% jobs received was 6s jobs. Total fares earned on Sunday was $412 for 19 trips over 14 hours. If only everyday was like that I happy liao.

couscous

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ur car is prius+ ah?

I also pump SPC for cheapest petrol here. Only time when my car gets red bull grade petrol is when I pump in JB at even cheaper cost than SPC. My strategy on the road is to give priority to 6 seater trips because of the "inbuilt" surge fare. But when ping intervals are so long it becomes harder to focus on 6 seater jobs. But last Sunday was unusual, because ping interval so long I switched to both Grabcar and 6 seater modes, yet surprisingly almost 80% jobs received was 6s jobs. Total fares earned on Sunday was $412 for 19 trips over 14 hours. If only everyday was like that I happy liao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.