Wechat wallet

earthtk

Reaction score
I got a problem.. got someone to send me quite a lot of rmb. But when I use more than 1k RMB, they said my account needs to be verified before any further purchase can be done.

Anyone has any idea how to go about solving it? Now my money is stucked inside...

ngml

Reaction score
i think the only way is to open a bank account in china to get a debit card.

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
i think the only way is to open a bank account in china to get a debit card.

You can have WeChat wallet but you need to have a valid china debit or credit card linked to receive any transfer or hong Bao

Last year it was still possible to add a singapore credit card until recently or this year must use china credit card le

yhw22

Master Member
Reaction score
But saw news few month back that those downloaded from HK/Macau/TW store will be able to use their local credit cards.

Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT

ngml

Reaction score
U can also try this method: if you have a trusted Chinese friend in sg, you use his debit card to link to your current wechat account. Once you can start to use your money, transfer the money to elsewhere.

Kelvin0217

Reaction score
Which big 4 just need local address, mobile no and passport?

Do we need to being our Singapore income tax document?
Sent from Sony G8142 using GAGT

The big 4: BOC, ICBC, China Construction Bank and Agricultural Bank of China.

They just need you to fill up the Singapore income tax number, no document needed.

evilscubaboy

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Need help!!
I asked my friend to send me a red packet to enable my wechat wallet.
I went carousell and ask someone to top up my account which was done.

I tried to transfer my money in my wechat wallet to a China seller for my stuff but i cannot transfer as wechat say i need "real name verification". I have added my UOB and POSB credit card.. all cannot. Also have updated my app.

Now I have money in wechat that I cannot spend not withdraw.
How??

Thanks in advance

luei74

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Need help!!
I asked my friend to send me a red packet to enable my wechat wallet.
I went carousell and ask someone to top up my account which was done.

I tried to transfer my money in my wechat wallet to a China seller for my stuff but i cannot transfer as wechat say i need "real name verification". I have added my UOB and POSB credit card.. all cannot. Also have updated my app.

Now I have money in wechat that I cannot spend not withdraw.
How??

Thanks in advance

You can't pay through wechat and alipay till you had done the verification process (china no + china credit card). Your money will still remain at your wechat account.

You will need someone to pay on your behalf, can try wolong or others Alipay service...

Starabby

Reaction score

You should be able to transfer thru red packet right?

earthtk

Reaction score
Anyway, Non-verified account only can spend 1k at max.. if scared no money sign up union pay credit card. A lot of places don't accept masters or visa.

evilscubaboy

Reaction score
You can't pay through wechat and alipay till you had done the verification process (china no + china credit card). Your money will still remain at your wechat account.

You will need someone to pay on your behalf, can try wolong or others Alipay service...

Now my concern is how am I going to withdraw my money from Wechat Wallet? The money is just sitting in there.

luei74

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now my concern is how am I going to withdraw my money from Wechat Wallet? The money is just sitting in there.

The only way to withdraw is to proceed for the verification with China bank account + local phone no. The confusing part is most of us thought after the local Sing local credit card added up (in this part, we can only proceed to purchase good at Taobao via Alipay, charge through our local credit card),
we are able to top up and transfer via Alipay and Wechat Ang Pow pay, but we will still need to proceed with the verification on China bank account + china local phone no.

If your amount is not that huge, just park it there until you had done on the second part.

HoGnix

Reaction score
you still can slowly transfer the money out, but there is limit for non verified account. see below.

2018微信转账限额多少

一、付款方

实名用户,日限额200000元,月限额无限制;

未实名用户,日限额1000元,月限额2000元。

转账
http://www.kkzj.com/d/file/syjc/2018-08-15/7740df779906483521d2a1052566a5c6.png

二、收款方

实名用户,日限额无限制,月限额无限制;

未实名用户,日限额3000元,月限额无限制。

微信转账

Kelvin0217

Reaction score
Went to ICBC, China conctruction these 2 cannot open bank account for foreigners

Ya cannot..

You have to go and try out different branches. Some branches don't do for you as they never open an account for foreigner before so they will tell you cannot. I have this problem too.

ngml

Reaction score

U got let your friend register their card in your wechat? It can work also. Also, I tried using Citibank credit card. It work for me.

divinepotato

Reaction score
After try for my colleague download successfully and I tried again another friend also ok.

The step as follow:

1) Go to Chat click on right top corner +
2) Click on Money
3) Enable Pay Vendor
4) Add visa card and name, address .....etc
5) The wallet will appear

If still cannot, I can send you a red packet and you go and open it and add the Visa card and the wallet will appear.

Hope the above can help.

How do I send red packets to other wechat users? I've set up my wallet and topped up some money (from a friend) but I don't see the option to send red packets (it should be available in the + button of the chat window but I don't see it there).

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.