[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The thing is my dad accidentally poured 3/4 of fish feed into my tank and abt 15 fishes died. Only left 2 Cory. The other 2 oto might b alive. Or dead.

And yup I did a search. They seem to be beneficial worms. I just have to wait and see if seachem stability works or not and do daily water change. Good luck to me.

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

Sorry ah but why he pour Liao well Nvr tell u one

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
Still learning how to appreciate fish n how to take care of them.... :s34:

Took a photo this morning after some water change ...

kUWNyvm.jpg

I think this blue is nice, but it seems like common breed....

My wifey prefer this red.... :s13:

kIHwzVU.jpg

the top pic is a female and the other is male.

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
Ya, u are correct, actually how to identify male n female ?

For platies, how to differentiate them?

Female guppies are much bigger in size but less colorful as the male.

Male can see the kkj one. No joke.
Just Google for it.

Trueblue82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Serious?How long never wash?

I usually replace the white filter wool once a month and do monthly servicing.I also replace the Purigen pack every quarter of the year.

my eheim many many months nv wash, the overhead trickle filter i will change the filter wool only when the filter start getting clogged.:o

earle1972

Reaction score
polyart opens 24hrs, i wonder really got pple got fish/stuff shopping at wee hours ? :s11:

went once at 1am. Was setting up my 5ft tank, then the OHF base broke. Cab down with my friend, and got a new OHF from them. Life saver really.

AdizeroF50

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my eheim many many months nv wash, the overhead trickle filter i will change the filter wool only when the filter start getting clogged.:o

Oic...Just want to check something.

I am interested in buying the bottled Purigen but where to get the resealable bag to fill in the Purigen powder so that I can put in the media compartment of my canister filter?

Niccolo Machiavelli

Master Member
Reaction score
The thing is my dad accidentally poured 3/4 of fish feed into my tank and abt 15 fishes died. Only left 2 Cory. The other 2 oto might b alive. Or dead.

And yup I did a search. They seem to be beneficial worms. I just have to wait and see if seachem stability works or not and do daily water change. Good luck to me.

how, is it working for you?

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
Was stuck inside seaview for about an hour due to heavy rain.
Got some accessories in the end.

rhexis07

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my shrimps egg just hatched again. but only found 4 baby shrimp. found several dead in my surface filter so sad.

The last time i bought some shrimps was damn lucky. I brought home then I saw how come the bag got so many small small shrimp.

Then I noticed one of them had eggs, and it was hatching while I was bringing it home. Witnessed the shrimp kick out the baby so cute.

AdizeroF50

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
About 11.30 am. Left around 12.30
The rain was damn heavy.

Oic...but not much fishes today.Did not even get my elusive Purigen packs.

Whacked 6 female platies and went to C328 to get the bottled type and 2 small bags.

Newbie12

Reaction score
how, is it working for you?
I bought seachem stability yesterday and poured as directed. This afternoon the ammonia test still the same. Will have to keep doing water change daily and add stability for 1 week. Hope can see improvement. But will have to start feeding my surviving Cory soon. If not they will strave.

If no improvement, I have to reboot the whole thing.

Newbie12

Reaction score
Sorry ah but why he pour Liao well Nvr tell u one
Old man liao. They dun even know what is water chemistry, ammonia and all these. As long as water looks clear, they think it's ok. And by the next day, massacre liao.

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
Oic...but not much fishes today.Did not even get my elusive Purigen packs.

Whacked 6 female platies and went to C328 to get the bottled type and 2 small bags.

Ya. The live stock wasn't impressive today.
But this is the first time I really take my time to browse through the whole store. :D

AdizeroF50

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya. The live stock wasn't impressive today.
But this is the first time I really take my time to browse through the whole store. :D

Saturdays is the day where my platies come in as new stock.Not much is left on Sunday and from Mondays to Fridays,the stock is either dying or not fresh anymore.

Last edited:

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Saturdays is the day where my platies come in as new stock.Not much is left on Sunday and from Mondays to Fridays,the stock is either dying or not fresh anymore.

Wah means sat come Liao all chiong go get ?!
:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.