Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

Newmaxi

Reaction score
I’ve never gotten the online application to work. Have to go down to the branches. I would recommend going to the McDonald house branch in Orchard. Had bad experience at the Woodlands and Punggol branches.

70k has and still is a rumour. Put in 15k enough liao

I call the Citibank guy in charge of maxigain and arrange with him time and location. Opening of account was a Breeze.

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thought put in 10k to kickstart the maxigain counter is enough already? didnt know its 15k.

wira

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! Anyone tried applying online? How was the process?

And also i saw some rumors that now need 70k they are just rumors right?

the online application is a joke.
you still need to go down branch. in fact i tried the online form and no one called me back.

PC-User

Master Member
Reaction score
the online application is a joke.
you still need to go down branch. in fact i tried the online form and no one called me back.
I think it's more of register interest/appointment booking instead. Such serious stuff like saving account opening normally requires personal attendance with IC especially new customer.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quite troublesome to open account even I have existing account with them. Only thing is RM can fill in everything but u must sign in front of him/ her.

In today’s technology, wonder what is the big fuss. Lol! So many staff wayang at the bank, it is time they become leaner

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Quite troublesome to open account even I have existing account with them. Only thing is RM can fill in everything but u must sign in front of him/ her.

In today’s technology, wonder what is the big fuss. Lol! So many staff wayang at the bank, it is time they become leaner

If you have existing citi bank account, not credit card, you can actually call in their hotline to get them to open a citi maxigain de.

But they won't be able to advice u on the date of opening for people to fund on the first day to earn that $3

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you have existing citi bank account, not credit card, you can actually call in their hotline to get them to open a citi maxigain de.

But they won't be able to advice u on the date of opening for people to fund on the first day to earn that $3

I am told now they cannot open account using hotline already. Last time can

wira

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think it's more of register interest/appointment booking instead. Such serious stuff like saving account opening normally requires personal attendance with IC especially new customer.

Other banks like DBS can already do account opening online without personal attendance at the branch even for new customers

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What if customer accidentally provide wrong info or typo how?

If u key wrongly, who can u blame? Passport, identify card, credit card application can be online already, why opening of bank account cannot be done online?

Banks want to wayang hire all those RM, Bankers to do, what can we say? When you want to open account A, they will promote item B, C, D, E, F then hope u will buy those so that they can earn commission?

When u meet RM, it gives them an opportunity to sell something to u

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
If u key wrongly, who can u blame? Passport, identify card, credit card application can be online already, why opening of bank account cannot be done online?

Banks want to wayang hire all those RM, Bankers to do, what can we say? When you want to open account A, they will promote item B, C, D, E, F then hope u will buy those so that they can earn commission?

When u meet RM, it gives them an opportunity to sell something to u

Exactly, when I go macdonald to buy my value meal, they still ask me do I want to upsize or not? Really irritating

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am only keen in their maxigain account and some credit card. Their service level is almost non existent. Their branch also not impressive unless u go to the few big branches with citigold. Those “bankers” also hoot sala info.

If other banks has an alternative maxigain program, I will be happy to bring all my $$ over

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey folks, I got a call from a lady claiming to be my Citibank "personal banker"...

i'm not a big customer. only have maxigain (with $100k) and a cashback credit card with them. have been with the bank for > 15 years though.

she wants to arrange to meet sia. anyone have such experience before? I already told her i'm not interested to buy any financial products but she said just to meet to know me better.

how arh? those who met before, are they one-kind one? what she wanna sell? insurance-related? unit trusts?

JetStorm

Reaction score
hey folks, I got a call from a lady claiming to be my Citibank "personal banker"...

i'm not a big customer. only have maxigain (with $100k) and a cashback credit card with them. have been with the bank for > 15 years though.

she wants to arrange to meet sia. anyone have such experience before? I already told her i'm not interested to buy any financial products but she said just to meet to know me better.

how arh? those who met before, are they one-kind one? what she wanna sell? insurance-related? unit trusts?
I got such a call too. Yes they confirm with boloso u that u can earn higher amt when u buy their insurance products.

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.