View Single Post
Old 22-08-2018, 05:51 PM   #2415
eastmountain

Hi everyone,

My wife and I will be spending 15 days in South Island for our honeymoon from 29th Oct to 13th Nov. I was wondering if I can get some of your views on the draft itinerary below? It will be a self-drive trip and we are currently deciding between Apex and GO Rentals - Does anyone have any experience with them?

29th Oct -> Christchurch
30th Oct -> Drive to Greymouth via Arthurs' Pass - Visit Pancake rocks (Stay 1 night @ Greymouth)
31st Oct -> Drive to Hokitika Gorge - Visit Lake Kaniere/Mahinapua then drive to Franz Josef Glacier (Stay 1 night @ Fox Glacier)
1st Nov -> Helihike at Fox Glacier then drive to Gate of Haast - Penguin watching at Monro Beach/Lake Moeraki -> Drive to Wanaka (Stay 1 night @ Wanaka)
2nd Nov -> Drive to Te Anau (Stay 1 night @ Te Anau)
3rd Nov -> Drive to Milford Sound then back to Te Anau (Stay 1 night @ Te Anau)
Question - Should I drive back to Te Anau or straight to Queenstown after Milford Sound?

4/5/6th Nov -> Drive to Queenstown (Spend 3 nights @ Queenstown)
7th Nov -> Drive to Aoraki Mount Cook (Spend 1 night @ Mount Cook)
8th Nov -> Drive to Lake Tekapo (Spend 1night @ Lake Tekapo)
9th Nov -> Drive to Fairlie - Visit Gem Alpaca Farm then drive to Christchurch (Spend 1 night at Christchurch)
10th Nov -> Drive to Kaikoura - Visit Waipara Valley/Boat cruise/Peninsula Walkway (Spend 1 night at Kaikoura)
11th Nov -> Drive back to Christchurch

I have nothing planned for 11th/12th November before my flight back on 13th. Are there any recommendations on places to visit/stay please? It's our first time to NZ and would really appreciate your advice.

Thank you!
eastmountain is offline   Reply With Quote