Shuttle trains travelling from Woodlands

bbmars1128

Reaction score
I'm wondering, since 856 looks like the most convenient, what are the chances that most buses will arrive too filled up for us to board? Should I worry about this? :)

You referring? pardon me, don't quite get you. 856, I have taken many times but that was weekdays, never an issue as I took it next to 950 at berth 9 in Woodland interchange. Along the way, not many people board it.
Only those who prefer to walk into custom will take. Most will wait for 950.
FYI, for some who know how to take 856, as many don't know about this way of travelling to custom.

MY usual buses to Custom 911, 913 & 856. There are other buses going too, but I would avoid as the journey is further and takes longer time to reach.

Kaki369

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You referring? pardon me, don't quite get you. 856, I have taken many times but that was weekdays, never an issue as I took it next to 950 at berth 9 in Woodland interchange. Along the way, not many people board it.
Only those who prefer to walk into custom will take. Most will wait for 950.
FYI, for some who know how to take 856, as many don't know about this way of travelling to custom.

MY usual buses to Custom 911, 913 & 856. There are other buses going too, but I would avoid as the journey is further and takes longer time to reach.

So 856 is fastest from marsiling mrt ya?

tjiax1

Reaction score
So 856 is fastest from marsiling mrt ya?

From opp Marsiling Mrt bus stop, 856 go to the woodlands ktmb train checkpoint bus stop. 950 go straight in woodlands checkpoint. During peak hour, 950 will be full at woodland temp bus interchange or no bus due to most bus stuck at SG/JB custom jam. During that time take 856 and alight at train checkpoint bus stop and follow the crowd walking/rushing to woodland train checkpoint building.

Walking direction -> (take the stair or lift, follow the passageway, up two escalator or lift, follow the passageway, walk pass the arrival hall and soon will reach departure hall)

Kaki369

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From opp Marsiling Mrt bus stop, 856 go to the woodlands ktmb train checkpoint bus stop. 950 go straight in woodlands checkpoint. During peak hour, 950 will be full at woodland temp bus interchange or no bus due to most bus stuck at SG/JB custom jam. During that time take 856 and alight at train checkpoint bus stop and follow the crowd walking/rushing to woodland train checkpoint building.

Walking direction -> (take the stair or lift, follow the passageway, up two escalator or lift, follow the passageway, walk pass the arrival hall and soon will reach departure hall)

C’est bon! Thank you :)

hwsstx

Reaction score
yea 10mins walk to CIQ if he is referring to the railway station going to JB.

20mins ish if the walk is from Marsiling station to CIQ :)

On weekdays, at 0800 when I start walking (from Woodlands Train Checkpoint) into SG ICQ, I'll be cleared by JB ICA before 0830.

Last edited:

dantom04

Reaction score
Hi all,

For those who juz took the train this mth ,
Do we still need to exchange ecopy for a physical ticket at SG end to JB?
What abut JB to SG?

asiafrenz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

For those who juz took the train this mth ,
Do we still need to exchange ecopy for a physical ticket at SG end to JB?
What abut JB to SG?

no change still same

SIN-JB = Yes need to change
JB-SIN = No need to change

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need not print out. This is what I usually do.

SG-JB show e-ticket from the app to exchange physical ticket
JB-SG scan the QR code on the e-ticket

Thanks for the info. :)

Would this be the Easybook app? Haven't tried using their app as previously booked coach to Melaka via their website. :o

veryhungryboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. :)

Would this be the Easybook app? Haven't tried using their app as previously booked coach to Melaka via their website. :o

no need app if u dunwan to download another app that u dun use often

just go online buy from their website and print from ur PC.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no need app if u dunwan to download another app that u dun use often

just go online buy from their website and print from ur PC.

Thanks, but just thinking if that's the app and e-tix works, then I won't have to bother with the PC and especially having to print hardcopy, moving forward. Can also book when on the go. :)

My previous coach tix, didn't even have to print anything, so if this is the app that works for the shuttle trains as well, then it'll be great. ;)

unlimited_max

Reaction score
It is very hard to buy the earliest train tickets departing on a saturday..i’ve tried searching for all saturdays..but no train tickets are available at all..

matrix05

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is very hard to buy the earliest train tickets departing on a saturday..i’ve tried searching for all saturdays..but no train tickets are available at all..

So far anyone successful buy tickets from counter? Looks like most bought online. Where to board the train in JB? After arrive in Sin Train checkpt, you can walk to MRT stn?

cryn79

Reaction score
Hi Matrix05,
The JB train station is located between the CIQ and JB city Sq.
Nearest MRT from woodlands train station is either Kranji / Marsiling.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So far anyone successful buy tickets from counter? Looks like most bought online. Where to board the train in JB? After arrive in Sin Train checkpt, you can walk to MRT stn?

You know the ticketing counters in JB Sentral? Boarding point is the opposite end of that hall, left corner when your back's facing the counters... near the door leading outside.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.