[OFFICIAL] Fish keeping lover lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trueblue82

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just checking....can I keep cherry shrimps with guppies,corys and Ember tetras?

the shrimps will need hiding places but guppies will disturb the shrimps maybe pick at them till they stress and die or eat them.

cory share same space as shrimp so dun think shud be together.

Jon988

Reaction score
Just checking....can I keep cherry shrimps with guppies,corys and Ember tetras?

I have been keeping guppies with RCS for about two years. Non planted 1ft tank with sand substrate and sponge filter. Had 3 originally and now I'm up to about 9! They do breed but most of the baby shrimp will get eaten up unless your tank heavily planted.

Jon988

Reaction score
Hi all,

For a 30x20x20 planted tank (ferns, moss, hairgrass), how many tetras can I keep? I already have two snails inside and planning to add about ten RCS too. I'm thinking about 12 tetras if that is ok?

Also would it be a good idea to also stock a male and female guppy inside? To let them breed. I won't feed the fry with special food or anything, just to let them breed and see how many fry can survive to adulthood.

AdizeroF50

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have been keeping guppies with RCS for about two years. Non planted 1ft tank with sand substrate and sponge filter. Had 3 originally and now I'm up to about 9! They do breed but most of the baby shrimp will get eaten up unless your tank heavily planted.

Sure...thanks everyone.

My wife saw some cherry and sunkist shrimps at C328 recently and she asked if I can put them together with the guppies,embers and corys.

Not sure about that so I asked lol.

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
Hi all,

For a 30x20x20 planted tank (ferns, moss, hairgrass), how many tetras can I keep? I already have two snails inside and planning to add about ten RCS too. I'm thinking about 12 tetras if that is ok?

Also would it be a good idea to also stock a male and female guppy inside? To let them breed. I won't feed the fry with special food or anything, just to let them breed and see how many fry can survive to adulthood.

better to put 1 male to 2-3 female guppies if you want to breed.

anything lesser, the female will be very stress as the male will be chasing her all day long.

as for fry, as long you give them hiding place with lots of moss, they can not only avoid been eaten up by their parents, they can also feed on those micro organism on the plant.

4pxCSO

Master Member
Reaction score
Sure...thanks everyone.

My wife saw some cherry and sunkist shrimps at C328 recently and she asked if I can put them together with the guppies,embers and corys.

Not sure about that so I asked lol.

lol, moi wife also asked me if can keep RCS in the present tank.... :s13:

Jon988

Reaction score
better to put 1 male to 2-3 female guppies if you want to breed.

anything lesser, the female will be very stress as the male will be chasing her all day long.

as for fry, as long you give them hiding place with lots of moss, they can not only avoid been eaten up by their parents, they can also feed on those micro organism on the plant.

Scared too many females will have too many fry... Heavily planted should be able to let female hide?

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
Scared too many females will have too many fry... Heavily planted should be able to let female hide?

its for the fry to hide.
the female will swim near the thick moss to lease her babies.
its very interesting to watch the entire process one.

yihao93

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
planning to add some RCS in later stage when the tank is more mature... think i will need a thermometer to monitor the temp in the tank....

got plants n wood for the RCS to hide from guppies....

read that RCS is more hardy shrimps as compared to rest, is it correct?

also, these few days, one of the danios seem like to chase the guppies around the tank, no bitting or whatever happened, just chase them around then stop, then after it catches it breath, go chase another one... sld i be concerned ?

If u buy thermometer also need figure out how to heat/cool the tank

U got aircon ??

AdizeroF50

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah, good bargain.... :s13:

I also like mini shrimps but I dunno how to keep them haha.

Do they breed a lot like platies and guppies?

What special requirements do they need?

House also not big enough to have another tank.Maybe just a one feet tank lol.

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I also like mini shrimps but I dunno how to keep them haha.

Do they breed a lot like platies and guppies?

What special requirements do they need?

House also not big enough to have another tank.Maybe just a one feet tank lol.
I heard that if we want to keep cherry shrimp, the water temp must be slightly low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.